[ROM][2012.06.20] AlterROM Redux v1.0.1 [4.67-Senseless][AROMA]

Which version of Quick Settings would you like to see in AlterROM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

grayn0de

Mar 10, 2009
Austin, Tx
www.grayn0de.com
v0.0.4-RC1 is up!

...unfortunately, the Modify Install option I was intending to include is not yet ready for prime time. There are a couple issues I'm still tracking down. :(

I've been itching to post an update, though, so here you go. I feel it is a decent release candidate, but there is still so much more that I want to do to improve a few things. Please, let me know what you think and, as always, post any requests or suggestions!

biga1

Aug 18, 2010
NOOB TOWN
Honor 5X
v0.0.4-RC1 is up!

...unfortunately, the Modify Install option I was intending to include is not yet ready for prime time. There are a couple issues I'm still tracking down. :(

I've been itching to post an update, though, so here you go. I feel it is a decent release candidate, but there is still so much more that I want to do to improve a few things. Please, let me know what you think and, as always, post any requests or suggestions!

downloading now... been running your preview with classic sbc kernel for the past week....no issues...nice work Mr. Gray

shizume

Aug 25, 2010
Just finish installing. Very sweet touch to the aroma install. It is very clear and I might add "dummy free." Its give very little chance of screwing up on the install. So far running very smooth. I loved the transparency and battery mod. I run the phone over the weekend and get back to you if I run into anything.

But here's a SS of my phone with goLauncher.
41b9331e-4dc8-3364.jpg

PookiePrancer

Aug 9, 2010
Running flawlessly so far, though I had to install twice. The first time, I installed Beats audio and deleted the stock music player, but Amazon MP3 and Play Music would just force-close. Went with DSP the second time.

And just my opinion: I think the notification pull-down is a bit too transparent. Very hard to read with other text in the background.

Last edited:

HD2FORNICK

Mar 14, 2011
Great ROM so far. One question though. I installed with the Beats Audio and can't seem to find it anywhere. What and where is it? :confused:

jrny99

And just my opinion: I think the notification pull-down is a bit too transparent. Very hard to read with other text in the background.[/QUOTE]

Great ROM so far. One question though. I installed with the Beats Audio and can't seem to find it anywhere. What and where is it? :confused:

greeting, I would have to agree with these users, other than that, this is one fine rom. job well done

what happened to the font size adjustment in SMS messaging ?

grayn0de

Mar 10, 2009
Austin, Tx
www.grayn0de.com
Just finish installing. Very sweet touch to the aroma install. It is very clear and I might add "dummy free." Its give very little chance of screwing up on the install. So far running very smooth. I loved the transparency and battery mod. I run the phone over the weekend and get back to you if I run into anything.

But here's a SS of my phone with goLauncher.
41b9331e-4dc8-3364.jpg

I went with blue, this time around. ;)

1.jpg
2.jpg

Running flawlessly so far, though I had to install twice. The first time, I installed Beats audio and deleted the stock music player, but Amazon MP3 and Play Music would just force-close. Went with DSP the second time.

And just my opinion: I think the notification pull-down is a bit too transparent. Very hard to read with other text in the background.

I was thinking that, as well, but wasn't sure. I think my eyes adjusted to it over a time. I wanted to get everyone's opinion, so I left it as is. I can tone down the transparency pretty easily.

I'll look into the FC issues with Amazon MP3 and Play Music. I know they work fine when using XLOUD, though.

The Beats Audio is an engine. It's comprised of files in bin, lib, framework and etc. No app to go with it.

what happened to the font size adjustment in SMS messaging ?

What font size adjustment do you mean? I was not aware of such a feature and did not alter the MMS app in any way. :confused:

jrny99

What font size adjustment do you mean? I was not aware of such a feature and did not alter the MMS app in any way. :confused:[/QUOTE]

when you went into SMS and hit settings there was a option to set the font to small medium and large. it was on another sense rom. no sure which

volk9029

May 10, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If you can let me know which ROM has that setting I can see about incorporating it in AlterROM, but my MMS app is pure stock, at the moment.

Mikg3.11 has it. When you in messages thread , you can click menu, more, then text size. Then you can choose largest, large, medium, small, smallest.
Edit. It's sense 3.0 apk though.

Sent from my lair.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrny99

volk9029

May 10, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Need help

I can't get this to download.

I'm on IE9 and it starts to download, but at different times during multiple tries, the download stops!

"Dowload was interupted"...in my Show Downloads page.

Can I get a mirror?

Can you try different browser?
Edit. It's usually common practice not to post mirrors, until OP okays it.

Sent from my lair.

Last edited:

mcwups1

May 4, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Can you try different browser?
Edit. It's usually common practice not to post mirrors, until OP okays it.

Sent from my lair.

I tried FireFox but it wouldn't even open XDA.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

I chose Beats Audio with the correct kernel, but how do I know it's working?

Does it not have a settings app?

volk9029

May 10, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I tried FireFox but it wouldn't even open XDA.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

I chose Beats Audio with the correct kernel, but how do I know it's working?

Does it not have a settings app?

I chose Sony Xloud. There is a difference for the better especially when taking to people on the phone. It's more loud and clear. For music i use volume + anyway.

Sent from my lair.

X_N_

Feb 21, 2012
I like 0.0.4 but is there a way to disable the transparent notification bar? That's the only complaint I have.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

shizume

Aug 25, 2010
Just curious to those using the xLoud sound. Do you hear crackling noise while the phone is in use? I've ran in that problem on other roms while using the phone headset. I'm running dsp right now cuz I'm afraid I might ran into that problem. TIA

volk9029

May 10, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Just curious to those using the xLoud sound. Do you hear crackling noise while the phone is in use? I've ran in that problem on other roms while using the phone headset. I'm running dsp right now cuz I'm afraid I might ran into that problem. TIA

I don't have that problem. Do a nandroid and reflash the rom. In worse case, you just restore nandroid.
Edit. What kernel do you use?
Sent from my lair.

shizume

Aug 25, 2010
I don't have that problem. Do a nandroid and reflash the rom. In worse case, you just restore nandroid.
Edit. What kernel do you use?
Sent from my lair.

underworld .04 .. I was running same kernel on a different with xloud but I get crackling noise 1 out of 3 calls. Nothing too bad but when its an important call..it sucks hehe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AlterROM Redux (Codename: CHIMERA) is a custom Android ROM for the HTC Evo 4G (Supersonic) which aims for optimal speed, rock solid stability and a high level of customization. Based on a highly optimized version of the 4.67 OTA update, but with most of the SenseUI removed, AlterROM gives you the stability of stock without all of the overhead of Sense 1.0. Utilizing the powerful AROMA Installer, AlterROM gives you the power to choose exactly which modifications you would like in your ROM when you flash, from alternative launchers to custom kernels and everything in-between. AlterROM aims to allow you to make your phone truly yours!

Features
    > Advanced Power Menu
    > Hacked Hotspot
    > CRT Animations
    > Native Screenshot
    > Transparency added to Settings
    > Transparency (70% white) added to Notifications/Quick Settings
    > Apps2SD & Dalvik2SD enabled
    > Nano, sysro/sysrw installed
    > Enabled SIP over 3G/4G
    > FroYo EPST for access to all ##DATA# Settings
    > Performance Tweaks
    > 7-Tab Browser
    > Standard & Extended Quick Settings with Battery Bar integrated
    > 1% Battery Icon (GB Stock) for Standard & Extended Quick Settings
    > Touches of green (glows, etc.)
    > Deodex (Odex option via AlterScript)
    > Add/Remove Software feature in Installer
    > Volume Key mods (Volume Rocker & Volume Wake)
    > Incremental-style updates for AlterROM users
    > OTA Updates through ROM Manager

ROM Options
    > Root Method (Superuser, SuperSU)
    > Launcher (GO Launcher EX, ADW.Launcher, Launcher Pro, AOSP (Gingerbread), Holo Launcher (ICS))
    > Quick Settings (Standard, Extended)
    > Battery Indicator (Battery Bar, 1% Stock Icon)
    > Fonts (DroidSans (Gingerbread), Roboto (ICS))
    > Audio Enhancement (DSP Manager, Beats Audio, Sony XLoud)
    > Kernel (Underworld, Classic, Lionfish (Stock))
    > Superior Battery Charging
    > Optional Applications (Stock, Google, Third-Party)
    > Dex Type (Deodex, Odex)

Known Bugs
    > Some default homescreen shortcuts for alternative launchers do not work on Odex setup. Re-add from App Drawer to fix.

REPORTING BUGS
    You can report bugs in this thread or via PM and I will handle them as soon as I can. I am very active on this thread, so bug reports usually result in quick fixes or updates to AlterROM. Please supply the following information, when submitting a bug:

1) Detailed description of the bug/issue (verbosity is awesome!)
    2) Prop files (saved in /sdcard/AlterROM/setup) or AROMA Log ('Save Log' option at end of Installation Process)
    3) Other mods made that alter the default setup (such as any third-party scripts or init.d/build.prop tweaks)
    4) logcat, dmesg and last_kmesg, as needed (See this thread for instructions)

Special Thanks to (in no particular order):
    tommytomatoe | Papa Smurf151 | ca1ne | GruesomeWolf & Team Nocturnal | swagstr | SteelH | PvyParts | freeza | detcup4evr | RockoDev | XxXPachaXxX
    The Beta Testers: 88exp88, NxNW, Psichi, volk9029, wudstock54
    ... all users of the original AlterROM
    ... & anyone else I've left out (let me know and I'll add you)!

Thank you all for helping me to make AlterROM what it is today! You rock!

Contributing to the AlterROM Project
    I do this for the sheer joy that comes from hacking the Android platform, so if you like this ROM, click the "Thanks" button. You can also contribute by submitting bug reports and suggestions or creating themes/mods for AlterROM (see post #2). If you wish to contribute further and help me keep my equipment going, you can donate here.
    Downloads, Installation Instructions & More

Installation Instructions
    1) Backup Apps/Settings & Do a Nandroid backup
    2) If coming from another ROM (even the original AlterROM), Wipe all through recovery
    3) Flash update zip & follow on-screen instructions
    4) Reboot
    5) Give the ROM a few minutes to settle on first boot. Depending on how many optional apps you've installed it can take some time for the everything to startup and the performance to normalize. Be patient.
    6) Enjoy!

DOWNLOADS

ROMS:
    > AlterROM Redux v1.0.0 - md5: 8b1c3bafbe4bc10ff84d3e6b96b0e646 | Mirror 1 (Dev-Host)
    > AlterROM Redux v1.0.1 - md5: cfaa14af9568c8ddf32915939ec1ef9b
    > AlterROM Redux v1.0.2 (patch) - md5: aa400e40d08208f63fef154470d6ba8d

THEMES:
    > Coming Soon...

MODS:
    > 50% Transparent Black Settings: Deodex | Odex

Recent Quick Fixes
    *These are quick fixes that I've posted throughout the thread to resolve current issues, between fix releases.
    >Stocks Fix: Deodex | Odex *Fixes FC issue with Stocks app on version 1.0.0
    RC2 Release

Version 0.0.4 RC2 is up!

Check the OP. There are new installation instructions. Don't forget to take a look at the changelog if you are curious as to what changed.

I really wanted to include the 'Alter Setup' option that I've been working on (formerly described as 'Modify Install'), but even after a full rewrite of 800 lines of code it still does not want to function properly. I wanted to give you guys a release, since I know it is overdue and people have been waiting, so I've blocked the feature in RC2. For now, a Clean Install will do much the same as the Alter Setup, but you'll lose app data (but not the apps themselves, if choosing the Backup/Restore option), since it will format /system and /data.

Thank you all for being so patient on this one! As always, post bugs/requests/etc here and I'll handle everything as soon as I can.

The final release of 0.0.4 is coming next and, if I feel it is worthy, it will become version 1.0.0, proper. This one is going to take a lot of time, as there is a LOT left that I want to do and need to learn to have AlterROM to the point that I am willing to give it 1.0 release status.
    AlterScript
    *Included in AlterROM Redux as of v1.0.1

AlterScript is a script created to maintain AlterROM. It is still a W.I.P. and some features (such as Odex) are experimental. Always make sure you have a good NANDroid backup before doing any system wide changes. Use at your own risk. YMMV.

For best results, it's recommended to run AlterScript through ADB, rather than directly on the device. Not sure why, but the Odex option will occasionally freeze the phone. Nothing is damaged, but it requires a battery pull (or adb reboot) to recover.

Location on AlterROM: /sdcard/AlterROM/scripts/
    Download Latest Version: Current in AlterROM Redux v1.0.1*

Options:
    • Odex AlterROM (Experimental)
      If you odex AlterROM, you'll need to immediately reboot to recovery and wipe cache and dalvik-cache. Script will reboot device upon completion. Also, you will need to reodex after every version or mod flash and possibly clean install some version.​
    • Re-optimize Performance
      This will re-optimize performance settings to AlterROM defaults. Nothing more, nothing less.​
    • Cleanup AlterROM
      Coming soon...​
    Version 1.0.1 Released

AlterROM Redux v1.0.1 has been released!
    Please check the first 3 posts of this thread for details. Changelog in AROMA installer.

THINGS TO NOTE
    • Odex has been completely pulled from default support and is no longer an option in AROMA. If you are currently running 1.0.0 odex, you will have to perform a clean install. I am sorry for the inconvenience here, but odex as I had it was causing a number of performance/stability issues. You do not have to perform any pre-wipes. The installer will not wipe sd-ext, so if you are partitioned for apps2sd, you should retain your apps. Always be sure to have a backup of anything you care about, though.
    • After flashing (Install or Upgrade), you will have a couple new folders in the AlterROM folder on your sdcard. 'morph' is a placeholder for future NinjaMorph mods. 'scripts' contains AlterScript, which is detailed in post #3.
    • AlterScript odex option will not always work on the device. Use
      Code:
      adb shell sh /sdcard/AlterROM/scripts/AlterScript
    • NinjaMorph mods and updates to AlterScript will be posted in posts #2 & #3. These are a W.I.P.

The Future of AlterROM Redux
    I just want everyone to be aware of the fact that I am transitioning from the OG Evo to the new Evo 4G LTE and will not have my OG for too much longer. I feel this ROM has reached a level of maturity that does not require me to make major changes to the system, so all that is left is maintenance and little tweaks here and there which can easily be done without needing the device in hand. I will continue to work on AlterROM Redux, but the changes will likely not be major ones. If there are any major changes to the system that require heavy beta testing, I'll call for more testers, but likely things will continue on as they do now.​