Qualcomm unlock code

Search This thread

johnnilsson

Feb 4, 2011
I know this is for a older model chip but it runs the same secureboot as snapdragron maybe this codeing will work

How to enable/disable the secure boot authentication feature on MSM8660 by using the JTAG
Notes: This solution does not apply all version MSM8660

This solution does not apply to the RPM JTAG disable cases

This solution only uses for debug purpose.

For some reasons, if you need to to run unsigned software on a secure boot enabled (the AUTH_EN bit in SECURE_BOOT1 register is blown) MSM8660 chip, the following instruction is able to disable the secure boot authentication by using RPM-JTAG.

1. Launch the Daisy Chain RPM-JTAG shortcut (i.e modem_proc\tools\t32\DC7_ARM7_RPM).

2. Execute the cmm script which contain the following command:

system.option resbreak on
system.up
g 0x7ce8 /o /cmd "r.s r0 0x0" ;0x0 for disabling the secure boot authentication
wait 1ms
g

Of course, you can simply modify the cmm script (listed below) to enable the secure boot authentication without blowing SECURE_BOOT1 register on MSM8660 chip by using RPM-JTAG or short the GPIO_76 pin.

system.up
g 0x7ce8 /o /cmd "r.s r0 0x1" ;0x1 for enabling the secure boot authentication
wait 1ms
g

Reactions: majmuni

mybook4

Apr 3, 2011
That looks very promising! Thank you for posting this. Maybe Adam can try this (modified to the 8960).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

neyenlives

Oct 11, 2010
this is from MSM7XXX series SoC's, not MSM8XXX

different architecture and all......and this page being copied and pasted without identifying the source is not helpful at all

link to the source at least, but know that this has been posted many many many times already and nothing has come of it

johnnilsson

Feb 4, 2011
I think this command would still be relevant If you ha've access to a jtag.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know this is for a older model chip but it runs the same secureboot as snapdragron maybe this codeing will work

How to enable/disable the secure boot authentication feature on MSM8660 by using the JTAG
    Notes: This solution does not apply all version MSM8660

This solution does not apply to the RPM JTAG disable cases

This solution only uses for debug purpose.

For some reasons, if you need to to run unsigned software on a secure boot enabled (the AUTH_EN bit in SECURE_BOOT1 register is blown) MSM8660 chip, the following instruction is able to disable the secure boot authentication by using RPM-JTAG.

1. Launch the Daisy Chain RPM-JTAG shortcut (i.e modem_proc\tools\t32\DC7_ARM7_RPM).

2. Execute the cmm script which contain the following command:

system.up
    g 0x7ce8 /o /cmd "r.s r0 0x0" ;0x0 for disabling the secure boot authentication
    wait 1ms
    g

Of course, you can simply modify the cmm script (listed below) to enable the secure boot authentication without blowing SECURE_BOOT1 register on MSM8660 chip by using RPM-JTAG or short the GPIO_76 pin.

system.up
    g 0x7ce8 /o /cmd "r.s r0 0x1" ;0x1 for enabling the secure boot authentication
    wait 1ms
    g
    Bro.....I dunno

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2