[APP][SENSE 3.6/4/4A/4.5][2012/9/17 1.42]HTC Lockscreen Shortcut Provider

Search This thread

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
This is my second Android app. I develop this little app because I prefer 3rd party launcher (e.g. Apex) than existing Sense 4 Rosie. Existing hacked Sense 4 Rosie (full version) currently doesn't support non Sense widget correctly and is less feature-rich than many other launchers.

Even if you install a 3rd party launcher, Rosie still consume your precious memory as a system service. But if you freeze Rosie and thus release it from memory, you'll lose your lockscreen app shortcuts. After painstakingly reviewing the codes in HTC shortcut components, I found that Rosie actually act as a content provider to supply information of its launcher bar shortcuts to lockscreen. So without Rosie, lockscreen has no information to construct its shortcuts. Therefore I wrote this little app to replace the role of Rosie as the content provider. What's more, it allows you to select your own apps with a simple config screen and store the data separately. And it doesn't stay in the memory permanently.

Installation instructions:
  1. Uninstall Rosie (Freezing doesn't work because Android doesn't allow two content providers of same type) ** You're reminded to make a backup first **
  2. Install HTC Lockscreen Shortcut Provider
  3. Run Lockscreen Shortcuts
  4. Select your app for the 4 shortcuts
  5. Hit back to save settings and notify HTC lockscreen

MD5: 30056AA5EF4716ADCD043B2751A3943B

** Currently this app has been tested to work with Sense 3.6, 4, 4A and 4.5 **

Attachments

• Screenshot_config.jpg
    Screenshot_config.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 5,529
  • HTCLockscreenShortcutProvider_1.42.apk
    175.9 KB · Views: 1,047
Last edited:

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Change log

- Send broadcast notification to lockscreen on phone boot (should fix shortcut not showing issue after a reboot for TrickDroid)

- New option to hide app title

- Add support for Sense 4.5 (thanks Patrics83 for testing new version and support!). You MUST uninstall any previous version first.

- Add support for Sense 4A

- Fixed FC when loading installed apps

- Add support for Sense 3.6

- Added broadcast message to HTC lockscreen so no reboot is needed!

Last edited:

outsidetown

Jan 9, 2012
Does it look the same as the standard lockscreen?

Also, I have custom icons, does it display them or the generic sense ones?

Hoping to try it out later, cheers!

outsidetown

Jan 9, 2012
Works great! It's a huge bonus to be able to have different lockscreen shortcuts to the ones you have on your homescreen.

Thanks a lot!

outsidetown

Jan 9, 2012
Is there any chance we could get a Sense 3.6 version please? I'm trying it on ICE DS and though the shortcuts appear, dragging them just unlocks the phone - no app opens.

Thanks a lot though, it works really well on Fallout :)

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
Works perfectly on fallout rom with apex launcher, renamed the Rosie.apk as suggested above

Added link to your application thread in the index under useful links section

Curious, What was your first application? Anything half as useful?

Sywepd form my DsereiS

Last edited:

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Works perfectly on fallout rom with apex launcher, renamed the Rosie.apk as suggested above

Added link to your application thread in the index under useful links section

Curious, What was your first application? Anything half as useful?

Sywepd form my DsereiS

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details? id=com.gzplanet.photogridwidget

I write this widget to mimick the HTC one which can be used in other launcher. :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ben_pyett

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
SOLVED

Now this might not be related to this application, but, after setting this application up and being massively happy with it (read my various posts above) then renaming Rosie.apk and then upgrading to the latest beta version of Apex. I rebooted and then unfortunately Apex half loaded, but no lock screen so couldn't get into phone, could only drop the notifications bar. I Had to restore back to last safe nandroid backup (pre this app and Apex to get our of it?) Just me? Anyone else?

EDIT:
I did exactly the same steps again and this time no issue, so put it down to a one off? Probably an issue with new latest Apex beta...

Sywepd form my DsereiS

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my second Android app. I develop this little app because I prefer 3rd party launcher (e.g. Apex) than existing Sense 4 Rosie. Existing hacked Sense 4 Rosie (full version) currently doesn't support non Sense widget correctly and is less feature-rich than many other launchers.

Even if you install a 3rd party launcher, Rosie still consume your precious memory as a system service. But if you freeze Rosie and thus release it from memory, you'll lose your lockscreen app shortcuts. After painstakingly reviewing the codes in HTC shortcut components, I found that Rosie actually act as a content provider to supply information of its launcher bar shortcuts to lockscreen. So without Rosie, lockscreen has no information to construct its shortcuts. Therefore I wrote this little app to replace the role of Rosie as the content provider. What's more, it allows you to select your own apps with a simple config screen and store the data separately. And it doesn't stay in the memory permanently.

Installation instructions:
    1. Uninstall Rosie (Freezing doesn't work because Android doesn't allow two content providers of same type) ** You're reminded to make a backup first **
    2. Install HTC Lockscreen Shortcut Provider
    3. Run Lockscreen Shortcuts
    4. Select your app for the 4 shortcuts
    5. Hit back to save settings and notify HTC lockscreen

MD5: 30056AA5EF4716ADCD043B2751A3943B

** Currently this app has been tested to work with Sense 3.6, 4, 4A and 4.5 **
    Change log

- Send broadcast notification to lockscreen on phone boot (should fix shortcut not showing issue after a reboot for TrickDroid)

- New option to hide app title

- Add support for Sense 4.5 (thanks Patrics83 for testing new version and support!). You MUST uninstall any previous version first.

- Add support for Sense 4A

- Fixed FC when loading installed apps

- Add support for Sense 3.6

- Added broadcast message to HTC lockscreen so no reboot is needed!
    1.42 just uploaded. Now the app will also broadcast notification to lockscreen on phone boot. Should help if shortcuts disappear again after a reboot on some ROM.
    Just posted 1.2. Now supports Sense 3.6.
    Today I did some testing on various Sense versions and would like to let you know my findings:

Hybrid 4A (e.g. UKB X on IncS) - OK
    Sense 4.1 (e.g. ViperX on One X) - OK
    Sense 4A (e.g. UKB V on IncS) - No shortcuts in lockscreen
    Sense 3.6 (e.g. ARHD on IncS) - Lockscreen shortcuts appears and update correctly but shortcut app cannot be launched when unlock

At this moment, my first priority is to support Sense 3.6. After that I'll work on 4A.