[Q] Samsung Keyboard on MA7

Search This thread
Feb 18, 2013
Has anyone else had their Samsung keyboard change after the MA7 update? I no longer have the symbols on long press. Long presses are now accented and semi-related characters (e.g. ü, ú for long press U, § and ß for long-press S) I've searched threads and nobody else seems to have mentioned it. I was running stock rooted LJC, stock recovery, applied rwilco12's LJC to MA7 update.zip, had my root preserved into MA7 with Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper. Before and after screenshots attached.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 186
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 280
Feb 18, 2013
It looks like your Caps Lock is on in the after picture.

It's the auto-caps for first letter. Even if Caps Lock was on, prior to the update I still had the symbols on long press. Attached without the capitals, and, for what it's worth, what the shift key looks like with Caps Lock enabled.

Attachments

• noshift.jpg
    noshift.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 148
  • capslock.jpg
    capslock.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 148

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Has anyone else had their Samsung keyboard change after the MA7 update? I no longer have the symbols on long press. Long presses are now accented and semi-related characters (e.g. ü, ú for long press U, § and ß for long-press S) I've searched threads and nobody else seems to have mentioned it. I was running stock rooted LJC, stock recovery, applied rwilco12's LJC to MA7 update.zip, had my root preserved into MA7 with Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper. Before and after screenshots attached.

My keyboard is just like before

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

juliocmorales93

May 17, 2011
Just a suggestion try changing languages or adding another language and switching between them. This happened to me once and that fixed it. When my keyboard is in Spanish it doesn't have the symbols and when this happened to me I didn't even have the Spanish keyboard enabled.

Sent from my GN2

Feb 18, 2013
Just a suggestion try changing languages or adding another language and switching between them. This happened to me once and that fixed it. When my keyboard is in Spanish it doesn't have the symbols and when this happened to me I didn't even have the Spanish keyboard enabled.

Sent from my GN2

No dice. I tried switching from US English to UK English and got nothing. So I cycled through Spanish, Korean, and back to US English. I checked, unchecked, rechecked everything under the keyboard settings > input languages two or three times. I've also tried clearing data for the keyboard. Nothing. Looking at the keyboard process, it also calls on com.visionobjects.resourcemanager, so I tried clearing data for that (after backing it up with TB first) and no change.

I plan on just wiping it all and flashing the deodex MA7 build once t3project gets a chance to reup them, this has just been an irritating distraction in the meantime.

RayTrue04

Oct 27, 2010
Hartford, CT
The keyboard on MA7 did get updated a lil but you should still have the symbols. Did you try clearing data on it from settings?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app