[Tool] Network Monitor

Search This thread

he_arslan

Sep 15, 2013
Hi All,
Would you like to know what app is using network in your phone? Would you like to know what address is the application connecting?
My friend wrote a tool named Network Monitor. The link is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jmm.networkmonitor Would you like to try?

The tool could help you below:
1. Monitor current data activity and uplink/downlink throughput.
2. Monitor external IP address.
3. List all package which using internet currently.
4. List all socket link including destination IP address and source IP address of per package.
5. Query where is the destination address of the link connection and show it in map.
It is a fun tool if you want to know what application using your internet connection background.
My friend welcome any comments and he could add function if it would helpful.

Thanks.

nerdslogic

Nov 13, 2010
Oregon
I almost installed this as it looks to be very helpful, but.....then I reread the thread and the fact that you say "My friend" made this app and not you makes me very nervous....why isn't your friend posting this up?

The way I see it if this app was found to be stealing data or compromising networks who would we have to turn to? You? All you are going to say is "my friend did it not me".

No insult intended but have him\her post this themselves would be my request.

I mean dude....you have less than 20 posts. Not like you have been on here for years....or even a year.

As an IT professional with 46 companies relying on my judgement....I simply can't risk their security

Last edited:

he_arslan

Sep 15, 2013
I think your concern was reasonable.
I am the author and using my friend's account. Let me explain what was going on. I wrote the tool part time and shown to my friend. My friend said you should publish in google play. But as you know, it is hard to let more person know there is software named "network monitor". My friend said he has a xda account and could help me to post. I will apply a account or just use this account.
One thing I could guarantee, there isn't back door in the application. Thanks for everybody's reply, it encourages me to add more functions.
One function I am considering to add is WIFI control/diag function.

Thanks

I almost installed this as it looks to be very helpful, but.....then I reread the thread and the fact that you say "My friend" made this app and not you makes me very nervous....why isn't your friend posting this up?

The way I see it if this app was found to be stealing data or compromising networks who would we have to turn to? You? All you are going to say is "my friend did it not me".

I mean dude....you have less than 20 posts. Not like you have been on here for years....or even a year.

As an IT professional with 46 companies relying on my judgement....I simply can't risk their security

he_arslan

Sep 15, 2013
Yes. Total TX/RX combines Wifi information.
The reason I didn't list wifi TX/RX is most person only care about mobile data and there is limited space to show information.
Maybe need to provide a way to configure the display items.
BTW, I have upgraded the software and added floating window and process view. Please enjoy it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,
    Would you like to know what app is using network in your phone? Would you like to know what address is the application connecting?
    My friend wrote a tool named Network Monitor. The link is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jmm.networkmonitor Would you like to try?

The tool could help you below:
    1. Monitor current data activity and uplink/downlink throughput.
    2. Monitor external IP address.
    3. List all package which using internet currently.
    4. List all socket link including destination IP address and source IP address of per package.
    5. Query where is the destination address of the link connection and show it in map.
    It is a fun tool if you want to know what application using your internet connection background.
    My friend welcome any comments and he could add function if it would helpful.

Thanks.

One way to alleviate fears is to open source your code.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk