[Q] Butterfly S no sound in calls - with a twist

Search This thread

TheCount91

Feb 26, 2011
I know this has been raised several times already, but my problem seems a tiny bit different.

I haven't updated any software, wasn't even connected to WIFI when it happened. In the evening calls worked, woke up in the morning - they don't.
Happened around a month ago, on completely stock Sense 6 KK 4.4.2. HTC have since rolled out a mini update about a week or 2 later, hasn't helped. OTA doesn't install by default, in case you were wondering.

I've seen people saying they get no sound in calls, but it works on speaker or BT headset, or wired headset etc.
Nothing works for me. Tried connecting BT, headphones, headsets, removing SD cards, increasing in-call volume (duh)..

Calls connect with no problems, reception is full, either GSM or HSPA, no sound received or sent.
Dialing numbers in call does go through, though :eek:.

I tried soft reset, hard reset, mediocre reset, factory reset
I've even unlocked bootloader through HTCDEV, rooted, flashed several custom roms and kernels (MaximusHD13, InsertCoin 2.4.0, InsertCoin 3.0.6, Falter1.1 kernel, Project Era, Monarudo M7 Port, and so on...)
Of course, fully wiping EVERYTHING between attempts.
Failed to S-OFF so far.. both firewater and rumrunner.

Lets see what else..
I have the 901S variant. 044 if I'm not mistaken
Here's my bootloader:
*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
DLXP_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.57.0000
OS-4.10.7007.2
eMMC-boot 2048MB

Hell, I've even tried contacting HTC but their chat doesn't work for me, sending email through the site just loads forever and sending a regular email got no response.
I ordered the phone from Singapore, and I live in the middle east. So local support is out of the question for me...

The only thing I have yet to try is getting another sim in this phone or my sim in another phone, but I can't seem to find anyone with a micro sim :(
Thus, I resort to asking you guys for help.

HELP!!:crying::crying:

P.S. The hardware works fine. Ran safe mode, hidden tests, skype calls. Everything works, other than sound in phone calls (even in safe mode).

Last edited:

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
I know this has been raised several times already, but my problem seems a tiny bit different.

I haven't updated any software, wasn't even connected to WIFI when it happened. In the evening calls worked, woke up in the morning - they don't.
Happened around a month ago, on completely stock Sense 6 KK 4.4.2. HTC have since rolled out a mini update about a week or 2 later, hasn't helped. OTA doesn't install by default, in case you were wondering.

I've seen people saying they get no sound in calls, but it works on speaker or BT headset, or wired headset etc.
Nothing works for me. Tried connecting BT, headphones, headsets, removing SD cards, increasing in-call volume (duh)..

Calls connect with no problems, reception is full, either GSM or HSPA, no sound received or sent.
Dialing numbers in call does go through, though :eek:.

I tried soft reset, hard reset, mediocre reset, factory reset
I've even unlocked bootloader through HTCDEV, rooted, flashed several custom roms and kernels (MaximusHD13, InsertCoin 2.4.0, InsertCoin 3.0.6, Falter1.1 kernel, Project Era, Monarudo M7 Port, and so on...)
Of course, fully wiping EVERYTHING between attempts.
Failed to S-OFF so far.. both firewater and rumrunner.

Lets see what else..
I have the 901S variant. 044 if I'm not mistaken
Here's my bootloader:
*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
DLXP_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.57.0000
OS-4.10.7007.2
eMMC-boot 2048MB

Hell, I've even tried contacting HTC but their chat doesn't work for me, sending email through the site just loads forever and sending a regular email got no response.
I ordered the phone from Singapore, and I live in the middle east. So local support is out of the question for me...

The only thing I have yet to try is getting another sim in this phone or my sim in another phone, but I can't seem to find anyone with a micro sim :(
Thus, I resort to asking you guys for help.

HELP!!:crying::crying:

P.S. The hardware works fine. Ran safe mode, hidden tests, skype calls. Everything works, other than sound in phone calls (even in safe mode).
Go back to stock Rom the kernel is the problem so restore your backup

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

TheCount91

Feb 26, 2011
Go back to stock Rom the kernel is the problem so restore your backup

The problem started when I was completely stock and unrooted, how is going back to stock gonna solve this?

Also, a new problem showed up a couple of days ago.
Now the phone tells me I have no sim card installed, and restarting/airplane mode don't help.
Tried reflashing several different roms and kernels, nothing.
Tried taping some transparent tape to the back of the sim to make it press better against the contacts, nothing.

I really loved this phone until now, but it's become impossible to use.

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
The problem started when I was completely stock and unrooted, how is going back to stock gonna solve this?

Also, a new problem showed up a couple of days ago.
Now the phone tells me I have no sim card installed, and restarting/airplane mode don't help.
Tried reflashing several different roms and kernels, nothing.
Tried taping some transparent tape to the back of the sim to make it press better against the contacts, nothing.

I really loved this phone until now, but it's become impossible to use.
You need a stock kernel

koniiiik

Jun 12, 2008
Göteborg
koniiiik.org
Flashed a stock rom, still can't see sim card.

My guess is that your best bet is to send it to a HTC service center. The problem with the SIM reader sounds like a hardware issue to me. The no sound problem may be caused by radio or whatever. We can't do anything better than to guess here since it appears noone has encountered a similar problem around here.

TheCount91

Feb 26, 2011
htc said I need to send it to Singapore, since it's their model.
It's still on warranty, but I can't s-off it to reset the tempered flag...

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Free mobile app