[Q] How to install system apps using root explorer?

Search This thread

richard.elgh

Mar 24, 2013
Hello there people!

I've installed a custom rom and would like to add some apps as system apps.
I thought I'd use Root Explorer to do this.

I copied my apps to SD-card, and from there to /system/app/ and changed permissions.

Still, my apps does not come up in my launcher.
Have I done anything wrong?

Thanks for the help!

SmG67

May 2, 2012
Hello there people!

I've installed a custom rom and would like to add some apps as system apps.
I thought I'd use Root Explorer to do this.

I copied my apps to SD-card, and from there to /system/app/ and changed permissions.

Still, my apps does not come up in my launcher.
Have I done anything wrong?

Thanks for the help!

If the apps you install are not compatible with the android version you're using they won't show up. The quickest way to check this is to doubleclick the .apk on the sd-card and see if it will install.. They will be in your user/app if they do, but you can move them from there to /system/app if you want. If they give an error when installing they're not compatible.

richard.elgh

Mar 24, 2013
If the apps you install are not compatible with the android version you're using they won't show up. The quickest way to check this is to doubleclick the .apk on the sd-card and see if it will install.. They will be in your user/app if they do, but you can move them from there to /system/app if you want. If they give an error when installing they're not compatible.

They are compatible with the Androidversion, that much I know.
But they will not install if I doubleclick on them. That didn't work with another rom either, but it worked installing them using Root Explorer.

SmG67

May 2, 2012
They are compatible with the Androidversion, that much I know.
But they will not install if I doubleclick on them. That didn't work with another rom either, but it worked installing them using Root Explorer.

If it worked they would show up in your launcher.. If they won't install using the 'normal' method, they are not compatible with your phone.

bakifiam1968

Nov 8, 2013
sony xperia x10 mini

Hali van egy problémám. Sony xperia x10 mini kikapcsolt álapotban a hangero le bakapcs nyomogattam a hangerot es nem adja be a recovery t.anélkül nem tudok romot rátenni.valajinek van ötlete? Megköszönöm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    its simple

change permissions of the apk you pasted in /system/app to the following :
    r w --
    r -- --
    r -- --
    now reboot your phone, the app will show on your launcher now :)