HTC Sense LinkedIn and Picasa??

Search This thread

shemeri

Aug 5, 2008
Hi,

today I got a notification from HTC Hub indicating that there were 2 new plugins for HTC Sense which are LinkedIn and Picasa.

I chose both to install, LinkedIn installed and I can see it and its nice. However, Picasa downloads but didn't install. Tried again as the notification still were there, but same thing happend again, downloads but never installs. Then the notification vanished!

I tried to find the Picasa Album plugin on HTC hub on both phone and HTCSense.com but never found it!!

Anybody experienced the same?
Does anybody know where HTC Hub downloads the files? I might find Picasa for HTC Sense file there and install it manually.

It would be nice to have the Picasa Album plugin so I do not need any third party app. :)

kleen

Oct 10, 2006
Noticed the exact same thing... got linked in but no picasa, and would have prefered to get picasa over linked in.

Crytos

Sep 6, 2010
Auckland
Yeah i had the same problem, i had two notifications one for the linkedIn and Picasa plug-ins and one for a new widget. I chose to install Picasa as the other two didn't interest me but it never installed and doesn't show up in the gallery as an option. I can't figure out how to get back to that plug-in choice section to try and download it again either :(

Although sometimes when i go to the HTC hub it shows up briefly saying 'failed to connect to server, try again later' but things still seem to load. Dunno if that's got anything to do with it. Hopefully they just pulled it and will have it available again soon :)

xannetic

Dec 15, 2010
had the same thing first i thought I downloaded both of them and then LinkedIn only show up in "Account & Sync" whereas Picasa is no where to be found.

also the update notification shows up randomly.

Same thing goes to the "Market" I was on the new Market UI at some point then it jumped back to the normal one

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto
I downloaded the linked, I can see it in my manage apps, but it is not in my app drawer. I cannot open it. I wish HTC would provide some support here!

shemeri

Aug 5, 2008
So I am not the only one facing this problem. Hope this will be fixed soon and pushed by HTC again :)

shemeri

Aug 5, 2008
I downloaded the linked, I can see it in my manage apps, but it is not in my app drawer. I cannot open it. I wish HTC would provide some support here!

David:
I think you cannot find it in app drawer as it is a plugin for HTC Sense UI and not a standalone application for Android.

So you can find the application in Contacts -> Online -> and from here you choose LinkedIn

:)

Reactions: David Dee

derkie

Jul 17, 2005
Edinburgh
re: picasa link

I tried to share/upload using picasa via galley but it's buggy, it want's you to log in to your google acct. even that you're logged already. Works fine if logged in.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 321
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 299

shemeri

Aug 5, 2008
I tried to share/upload using picasa via galley but it's buggy, it want's you to log in to your google acct. even that you're logged already. Works fine if logged in.

Thats is something different.

Uploading to Picasa has always been there but the new plugin I think is to view your online albums and see pictures on your phone just like the new LinkedIn for HTC Sense plugin which enables you to see all of your friends and their profiles.

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto
shemeri:

Thanks, it was there! Using it made me realize that the app is completely useless for my purposes. All it did was override my contacts with Linkedin contacts without email addresses, phone numbers, etc. I was hoping for that missing Android Linkedin app which this was not!

shemeri

Aug 5, 2008
shemeri:

Thanks, it was there! Using it made me realize that the app is completely useless for my purposes. All it did was override my contacts with Linkedin contacts without email addresses, phone numbers, etc. I was hoping for that missing Android Linkedin app which this was not!

Are you sure it override your contacts with LinkedIn? For me what it does it actually good. I choose to see LinkedIn contacts when I open "Contacts" which you can switch off.
It links existing contacts you have in your phone with LinkedIn contacts but for me it didnt override anything!

If you mean it override your contacts, just unlink them and don't link any but still you can see all LinkedIn contacts.

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto
Are you sure it override your contacts with LinkedIn? For me what it does it actually good. I choose to see LinkedIn contacts when I open "Contacts" which you can switch off.
It links existing contacts you have in your phone with LinkedIn contacts but for me it didnt override anything!

If you mean it override your contacts, just unlink them and don't link any but still you can see all LinkedIn contacts.

I have actually deleted it as I could not figure out how to unlink. All I want is an app that accesses Linkedin, similar to twitter app, without having any effect on my phone contacts. Thanks again for your help!

MarioVanHecke

Dec 15, 2010
I downloaded the LinkedIn app yesterday. When I connected to my LinkedIn account, syncing created new entries for my LinkedIn connections, which I manually had to link to the corresponding phone contacts (no automatic link suggestions). I can now view their LinkedIn profile from their contact card.

While I was in LinkedIn, I added some new people to my network. By the time they'd responded, I could no longer sync with my LinkedIn account. Force close! :(

I deleted my LinkedIn account, then recreated it. Syncing worked again, but I had to manually link the LinkedIn contacts to existing phone contacts once again.

Mario

Last edited:

Maxwell Smart

Aug 30, 2008
London
I had the notification pop up to download both. Downloaded them - neither installed so I tried restarting and can't find either of them. Nor can I get back to the page on HTC Hub to download them from...

Anybody have suggestions on where to download it from?

spadival

May 1, 2005
Dayton, OH
I had the notification pop up to download both. Downloaded them - neither installed so I tried restarting and can't find either of them. Nor can I get back to the page on HTC Hub to download them from...

Anybody have suggestions on where to download it from?

Even I was befuddled by this. Linkedin didnt seem to install correctly. But it has - it is just an addon/plugin to the People/Contacts app and thats why the linkedin icon does not appear in the all apps page.

This Linkedin plugin allows you to sync your linkedin contacts to your address book - just go to the online directories section of the people app and click on the linkedin icon to login to your linkedin account. It also auto-suggests linking the contacts like Facebook for HTC sense plugin does, just need to give it some time.

Now to go and find out what the picasa update does!! :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    picasa plugin... fix !

Hi everybody !

I had the same problem with my picasa plugin "your google account is not linked..."

I've fixed it this way :

1) in gmail/google desktop, create a google profile then link it to... picasa web album !
    2) on your phone, delete cache in picasa plugin (parameters/application..)
    3) (...maybe a resync in htc sense and phone reboot...)

and then when i've selected picasa tab in my gallery, all my pictures were there ;)

Hope this work for all of you !

David:
    I think you cannot find it in app drawer as it is a plugin for HTC Sense UI and not a standalone application for Android.

So you can find the application in Contacts -> Online -> and from here you choose LinkedIn

:)
    here is the link for picasa but it won't install on my phone... it always fails..
    get this error "Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_SHARED_USER_INCOMPATIBLE]"

http://ota-test.htc.com/inventory/android/apps/1127507/1400.apk

right click and save target as