[RADIO] Blaze 4G Modem for Sidekick 4G

Search This thread

Reviewers

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Modem pulled from the Samsung Blaze4G.
Not hard to install at all, just put it on your sdcard and flash in Recovery.
Yes. This was not originally for Froyo I have to remove some /libs.
I made it work for the Sidekick 4G.
Credits to Master&Slave for pulling the Modem from the device.

Download: Here
Froyo/Gingerbread Only

My Results:
-My speeds have increased and I always have 3/4 full bars no lower and always 4G.

Just Hit the thanks button...
It will save a lot of you from getting infractions/warnings

Last edited:

JiN1337

Feb 13, 2012
Springfield, Massachusetts
I'll give it a shot and report back here. Thanks.

Edit : Noticing a gain of 1-2 bars on signal and faster 4G speeds. This is the real deal man, thanks! It will report as KJ2 but it is the Blaze 4G modem.

HOLY******* MOTHER OF LORD! SUPER EDIT! Just ran a speed test....holy..****. 11,000 kbps (download), 1,000 kbps (upload)

MY HERO! Lol!

Last edited:

humfleetd

Feb 13, 2009
Diddo. You just fixed the only thing I griped:) about this phone.thank you so much!

Sent from my SGH-T839 using xda premium

G

GuestK0045

Lol thanks the most i got on the sidekick dwnload was 10.8 nyc bronx area

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA

G

GuestK0045

Hmm in building the sk4g kj2 modem worked in elevators now the blaze4g modem doesn't nothin major just a notice

pintek

May 10, 2011
mind getting permission to upload the modem directly to xda? call me lazy if you want but I do not feel like having to sign up at a file sharing site just to download something -_-

JonathanBarca10

Feb 1, 2012
San Bernardino
May seem like a noob question, but how does this affect your contract and things like that? Like its not going to give me surcharges or anything? It just increaces the ability of the radio already built in?

G

GuestK0045

Lol idts esle modem flashing would not be very popular on the xda forukms now would it?

K

KevinRblz

Maybe I made some othr significant change right before flashing the modem that I forgot about, but I have to ask. Is anyone else's phone being significantly more responsive? Especially during gpu intensive tasks. For example like playing temple run

JiN1337

Feb 13, 2012
Springfield, Massachusetts
Maybe I made some othr significant change right before flashing the modem that I forgot about, but I have to ask. Is anyone else's phone being significantly more responsive? Especially during gpu intensive tasks. For example like playing temple run

I can't tell... Temple Run is always lagging for me, as time goes by it gets more smooth..but it'll still lag occasionally.

G

GuestK0045

Well temple run workswell on godv2 when i use level 2 cache then start the game to clear memory

afr33sl4ve

Dec 17, 2011
Tucson, AZ
I will have to try this when I get home. The file sharing site is blocked at work.

I don't have any service in my apartment, so... after flashing, and it works, I'll be very happy.

pintek

May 10, 2011
I beleave he removed the /libs from the original zip so it would flash correctly (only guessing since thats what it took for me to flash the original onto my phone an notice a difference)

Modem flashing is a huge thing over in the captivate forum its nothing new.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Modem pulled from the Samsung Blaze4G.
    Not hard to install at all, just put it on your sdcard and flash in Recovery.
    Yes. This was not originally for Froyo I have to remove some /libs.
    I made it work for the Sidekick 4G.
    Credits to Master&Slave for pulling the Modem from the device.

Download: Here
    Froyo/Gingerbread Only

My Results:
    -My speeds have increased and I always have 3/4 full bars no lower and always 4G.

Just Hit the thanks button...
    It will save a lot of you from getting infractions/warnings
    Here is a link to get the KD1 and KJ2 modems. This is handy for people that want to revert back to what they had before.

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1572722

On my device, the KD1 modem has delivered around 10 megabits down and 1.5 megabit up... KJ2 averages around 7 megs down and 1.5 meg up... This Blaze modem delivered about 3.5 megs down and 1 meg up.

I tested over a three day period with each modem. I have posted the best speeds that I see and they all come from the local test servers in Dallas. Speeds from New York and California have too many variables between me and the server to be reliable.

As always, use what works best for you.
    Enjoy this modem guys.
    Please don't hijack threads. This thread is for development discussions.

How smooth your video game runs has nothing to do with this modem.

Thank You.
    Please don't hijack threads. This thread is for development discussions.

How smooth your video game runs has nothing to do with this modem.

Thank You.
    Thank you finally somebody speaking up.