[tweak] improve 3d performance of lg p500 - updated

Search This thread

Echelonex

Sep 25, 2011
73.3 FPS with PerfectPeso and its stock kernel clocked at 768Mhz with smartassV2 Governor...you earned a thank you from me :D

Can someone tell me how to make this in Perfect Peso cuz there are not libGLES_android files, just libGLESv1_CM_adreno200 and libGLESv2_CM_adreno200, should i delete them both? :confused:

dancom96

Sep 19, 2011
So that shouldn't be higher than 60? I personally have experience with my PC, setting to higher than 100 would cause... dunno my video card only made it run to 7 fps, but still smooth...(dirt2)

I was born in the '90's... 1290's >:)
Max hz/fps should be limited to your screen's maximum, which is typically 60hz on LCD's.

deniso177

Aug 27, 2011
Max hz/fps should be limited to your screen's maximum, which is typically 60hz on LCD's.
my max events are set at 70 and i get as good benchmark scores as anyone (690-700) for 3d antutu score. Im using ta kernel so v-sync is on, so some may see people with 720-730 floating around, this is NOT because of max events.
All i did in build.prop regarding this tweak is

debug.sf.hw=1
debug.composition.type=gpu
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=70
debug.performance.tuning=1
video.accelerate.hw=1

Obviously delete dalvick and cache for good measure

Thats all you need as far as i can tell. The first post needs to be updated

Reactions: vlt96

dancom96

Sep 19, 2011
my max events are set at 70 and i get as good benchmark scores as anyone (690-700) for 3d antutu score. Im using ta kernel so v-sync is on, so some may see people with 720-730 floating around, this is NOT because of max events.
All i did in build.prop regarding this tweak is

debug.sf.hw=1
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=70
video.accelerate.hw=1

Obviously delete dalvick and cache for good measure

Thats all you need as far as i can tell. The first post needs to be updated
I did not say max_events_per_sec was the maximum hz, I just stated what maximum fps/hz should be if you could set it.

I honestly believe this value doesn't actually effect scrolling, Googling the value, you see many people claim values anywhere from 50 to 300 make it smooth.

deniso177

Aug 27, 2011
I did not say max_events_per_sec was the maximum hz, I just stated what maximum fps/hz should be if you could set it.

I honestly believe this value doesn't actually effect scrolling, Googling the value, you see many people claim values anywhere from 50 to 300 make it smooth.
Ye thats what I mean, i dont think this does much, I was just showing that my value is in no way 280 as being told what to do. If anything when i set it to 400 to experiment my phone went slower then usual.

dethrat

Jan 2, 2012
It works tried on several roms worked on all.

Antutu 3d score goes up by 30-100

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA

nd4spdbh

Jul 23, 2011
is there any benefit to this for a smoother UI? or is it just 3D performance?

EDIT - FYI.... this does not work with Cm7 Mik_os 6.5.7 ... just failed to boot all together... even played around with commenting out the extra lines in the build.prop to no avail.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I started new thread with new libs here

this is libs were ported from xperia x8 section, as lg p500 n x8 has same adreno gpu this tweak works in both..

i tried it in oxygen rom 2.3.2 and Slimgen v1.5.1

it works it will improve 3d scores and improve game performance

Instructions:
    1. Download New Adreno Libs

2. Remove libGLES_android.so from /system/lib/egl

3. Flash new adreno libs

4. Add this @ ur build.prop
    Code:
    Code:
    debug.sf.hw=1
    ro.secure=0
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=280
    video.accelerate.hw=1
    dalvik.vm.verify-bytecode=false
    dalvik.vm.dexopt-data-only=1
    persist.android.strictmode=0
    ro.min_pointer_dur=1

5. Reboot, Enjoy

NOTE ; 1) PLS BACKUP before trying anything
    2) i have tried it in only oxygen rom 2.3.2 and Slimgen v1.5.1

TO download New Adreno Libs and for screenshots and instructions with pictures see this link http://rk00064.blogspot.in/2012/03/improve-lg-optimus-one-p500-3d.html

This thread is on xda News , check this out http://www.xda-developers.com/android/tweak-for-lg-p500-increases-3d-graphics-performance/

say thanks to LtHuNTer_StepheN

Dont forget to press THANKS button

Visit RK world for everyone my blog for games, tweaks, gadgets, hacks, and more cool stuff

Also Like Facebook fan page
    guys i have tested it. After flashing it and changing build.prop , i got an antutu 3d score of about 676 and in neocore 62.9fps oc at 768mhz.... as i already mentioned i have tested it in oxygen n slimgen roms, it really works ...

u can try it , there is no harm in it...

I hope u ppl press THANKS button for this :) :)... thank u
    Congrats OP! i got here coz you are on the XDA news! gotta try! this! hope it will works on cm7
    dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=v,o=y seems to be the offendant line, removing it will allow me to boot fine, othewise i get a bootloop in CM nightlies... (wiping dalvik does not help..)

Even though it boots, it doesnt do justice in traditional benchs, neocore (61.7) and quadrant (1024) @748 performance, those are practically the same scores i usually get without this tweak...

havent tried antutu nor playing games yet...

BTW, theres kinda similar tweak in optimus black
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1323005

I'm seriously talking abt oxygen n slimgen roms, i have tested only in those two... soon i ll test with nfe rom.... i was getting around 57fps in neocore in oxygen after adding this tweak it improved to around 62fps... it is really good rite
    I tried on Xperia x8 i did everything like said in the thread and did test i Antutu and nothing change...

dude, it was ported by x8 only... ur x8 roms already has it, so no change