G pad 8.3 to tab pro 8.4......

Search This thread

gingerdude

Apr 23, 2012
Hi guys I have a black g pad running cm11 which I'm very happy with BUT I also have a note 3 in black that I'm even more happier with.... So is it worth the upgrade to a black pro 8.4 ? I'm hoping there are users here who have made this exact jump and who could share their experience. Cheers guys.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

cmscritic

Feb 15, 2008
Hi guys I have a black g pad running cm11 which I'm very happy with BUT I also have a note 3 in black that I'm even more happier with.... So is it worth the upgrade to a black pro 8.4 ? I'm hoping there are users here who have made this exact jump and who could share their experience. Cheers guys.

I miss a lot of the LG apps but yes, it's worth the switch. The screen is far brighter (my biggest peeve with the gpad when watching movies). While I totally love my gpad and will miss it, the screen was an issue. The screen is bright and wonderful on the tab pro 8.4, as is the performance and battery life.

Reactions: gingerdude

dcaplinger76

Sep 23, 2010
Oklahoma City
Same as cmscritic. I too loved my G Pad but the screen brightness (especially with movies) was a drawback to me. I also have the Note 3 and the Pro 8.4 looks just like a blown up version with new ui. Another build of Cm11 was released today and it looks like he fixed bluetooth so I'm fixing to give that a try. Go with the Pro , you'll never look back

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gingerdude

Apr 23, 2012
Same as cmscritic. I too loved my G Pad but the screen brightness (especially with movies) was a drawback to me. I also have the Note 3 and the Pro 8.4 looks just like a blown up version with new ui. Another build of Cm11 was released today and it looks like he fixed bluetooth so I'm fixing to give that a try. Go with the Pro , you'll never look back

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for the reply, I saw the cm11 thread and read through the pages but couldn't workout if could be flashed to a UK tab as the thread title says USA only. Can this be done, thanks for your time.

dcaplinger76

Sep 23, 2010
Oklahoma City
Thanks for the reply, I saw the cm11 thread and read through the pages but couldn't workout if could be flashed to a UK tab as the thread title says USA only. Can this be done, thanks for your time.

I am not sure about that. I would drop a post in the thread and ask him, he seems to be very responsive and helpful.

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gingerdude

Apr 23, 2012
Will do, I think I'm going to make the jump as I have just found a retailer in the UK who has the tab for 255 pounds and should get 130+ on eBay for the gpad, can't wait :)

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011

I honestly don't know whether or not it works on any UK tab pro 8.4s. I know that there are 3 hardware revisions and the latest one definitely won't work (they have different kernel source for the USA vs. European editions) but otherwise the source code is looking the same. I'm going to try to get them all working soon.

At some point, I'll be asking for brave people to test builds that I can't myself test.

gingerdude

Apr 23, 2012
I honestly don't know whether or not it works on any UK tab pro 8.4s. I know that there are 3 hardware revisions and the latest one definitely won't work (they have different kernel source for the USA vs. European editions) but otherwise the source code is looking the same. I'm going to try to get them all working soon.

At some point, I'll be asking for brave people to test builds that I can't myself test.

I would be a willing Guinea pig when my euro tab arrives, thanks for taking the time to reach out, you guys male this forum what it is...... Epic :)

morrow8

Jan 14, 2014

only CPU is worth enough

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
I would be a willing Guinea pig when my euro tab arrives, thanks for taking the time to reach out, you guys male this forum what it is...... Epic :)

Thanks for the offer, but I had another guinea pig that beat you to it... CM11 should be working on all the sm-t320 variants now (but not the lte or 3g models).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I miss a lot of the LG apps but yes, it's worth the switch. The screen is far brighter (my biggest peeve with the gpad when watching movies). While I totally love my gpad and will miss it, the screen was an issue. The screen is bright and wonderful on the tab pro 8.4, as is the performance and battery life.

I am not sure about that. I would drop a post in the thread and ask him, he seems to be very responsive and helpful.

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for the offer, but I had another guinea pig that beat you to it... CM11 should be working on all the sm-t320 variants now (but not the lte or 3g models).