Trio Stealth G2 Hype frozen at boot logo

Search This thread

ubuntuaddicted

Dec 28, 2013
Milwaukee
Hi guys,
My step daughters tablet, the 7" Dual Core 4GB Trio Stealth G2 Hype, has frozen at the "Trio Stealth G2" logo boot screen. It won't go any further. I've tried every combination of key presses (pwr & vol+, pwr & vol-, pwr & vol-,vol+) to get it into recovery mode OR to hard reset it and nothing is working. I've tried hooking it up to my windows 7 computer, it shows up as M3-CHIP (only after I press pwr & vol-). I downloaded the android adt bundle like someone else suggested and then adding the hardware id of the device to the file called android_winusb.inf BUT that file doesn't exist anywhere within the adt bundle. I even just tried creating the file and adding the hardware id to the file I copied from another thread and when I click update driver and choose where that file is that I created it won't take, it says windows couldn't find a driver for this device.

Here's the file I created
Code:
;
; Android WinUsb driver installation.
;
[Version]
Signature = "$Windows NT$"
Class = AndroidUsbDeviceClass
ClassGuid = {3F966BD9-FA04-4ec5-991C-D326973B5128}
Provider = %ProviderName%
DriverVer = 08/11/2009,2.0.0010.00002
CatalogFile.NTx86 = androidwinusb86.cat
CatalogFile.NTamd64 = androidwinusba64.cat

;
; This section seems to be required for WinUsb driver installation.
; If this section is removed the installer will report an error
; "Required section not found in INF file".
;
[ClassInstall32]
Addreg = AndroidWinUsbClassReg

[AndroidWinUsbClassReg]
HKR,,,0,%ClassName%
HKR,,Icon,,-1

[Manufacturer]
%ProviderName% = Google, NTx86, NTamd64

[Google.NTx86]
;Orange San Francisco
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_19D2&PID_1354&MI_00
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_19D2&PID_1354&MI_02
%SingleBootLoaderInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_D00D
; HTC Dream
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C01
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C02&MI_01
%SingleBootLoaderInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0FFF
; HTC Magic
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C03&MI_01
;
;Moto Sholes
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_22B8&PID_41DB
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_22B8&PID_41DB&MI_01
;
;TrioStealthG2Mine
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1B8E&PID_C003&REV_0007
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1B8E&PID_C003&REV_0007
;TrioStealthG2
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_16D5&PID_8005&MI_01
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_16D5&PID_8005&MI_01
;
;Google NexusOne
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_0D02
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_0D02&MI_01
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E11
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E12&MI_01

[Google.NTamd64]
;Orange San Francisco
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_19D2&PID_1354&MI_00
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_19D2&PID_1354&MI_02
%SingleBootLoaderInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_D00D
; HTC Dream
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C01
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C02&MI_01
%SingleBootLoaderInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0FFF
; HTC Magic
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C03&MI_01
;
;Moto Sholes
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_22B8&PID_41DB
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_22B8&PID_41DB&MI_01
;
;Google NexusOne
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_0D02
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_0D02&MI_01
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E11
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E12&MI_01

[USB_Install]
Include = winusb.inf
Needs = WINUSB.NT

[USB_Install.Services]
Include = winusb.inf
AddService = WinUSB,0x00000002,WinUSB_ServiceInstall

[WinUSB_ServiceInstall]
DisplayName = %WinUSB_SvcDesc%
ServiceType = 1
StartType = 3
ErrorControl = 1
ServiceBinary = %12%\WinUSB.sys

[USB_Install.Wdf]
KmdfService = WINUSB, WinUSB_Install

[WinUSB_Install]
KmdfLibraryVersion = 1.7

[USB_Install.HW]
AddReg = Dev_AddReg

[Dev_AddReg]
HKR,,DeviceInterfaceGUIDs,0x10000,"{F72FE0D4-CBCB-407d-8814-9ED673D0DD6B}"

[USB_Install.CoInstallers]
AddReg = CoInstallers_AddReg
CopyFiles = CoInstallers_CopyFiles

[CoInstallers_AddReg]
HKR,,CoInstallers32,0x00010000,"WdfCoInstaller0100 7.dll,WdfCoInstaller","WinUSBCoInstaller.dll"

[CoInstallers_CopyFiles]
WinUSBCoInstaller.dll
WdfCoInstaller01007.dll

[DestinationDirs]
CoInstallers_CopyFiles=11

[SourceDisksNames]
1 = %DISK_NAME%,,,\i386
2 = %DISK_NAME%,,,\amd64

[SourceDisksFiles.x86]
WinUSBCoInstaller.dll = 1
WdfCoInstaller01007.dll = 1

[SourceDisksFiles.amd64]
WinUSBCoInstaller.dll = 2
WdfCoInstaller01007.dll = 2

[Strings]
ProviderName = "Google, Inc."
SingleAdbInterface = "Android ADB Interface"
CompositeAdbInterface = "Android Composite ADB Interface"
SingleBootLoaderInterface = "Android Bootloader Interface"
WinUSB_SvcDesc = "Android USB Driver"
DISK_NAME = "Android WinUsb installation disk"
ClassName = "Android Phone"

I also don't believe I had enabled the usb debugging before it froze in this state so am I screwed or what?

leodani

Dec 3, 2013
Florence
It happened even to me.... something happened in your system folder.... to make your device work again you must do a restore ( in recovery mode) of a backup that you have made before this accident happened if you did not do a backup of your device you must do it from another device

Sent from my GT-S5310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Of the same type otherwise your device will never work again amd you'll have to buy a new one

Reactions: captaindamerica

ubuntuaddicted

Dec 28, 2013
Milwaukee
It happened even to me.... something happened in your system folder.... to make your device work again you must do a restore ( in recovery mode) of a backup that you have made before this accident happened if you did not do a backup of your device you must do it from another device

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Of the same type otherwise your device will never work again amd you'll have to buy a new one

how would i do a restore of a backup if i can't get it connected to the computer? I suppose I could buy another one, make a backup of it and then return it to officemax BUT can you link me to how I would create the backup and then how I would restore please?

leodani

Dec 3, 2013
Florence
You could install a custom recovery (like Clockwork Mod) and do it from there but if you do a backup of your brikcked device... when you do the restore it will stay bricked so you have 2 options:
1) make a backup from the same device of a person you know.... there is one big problem of this... you'll get the same IMEI number as the other phone
2) buy a new one

nick_fc

Jan 4, 2013
Hard Reset G2 – In the case of password lockouts or freezing, doing a hard reset on your android device could help you get back to the factory defaults. First you need to make sure your tablet is powered off. Hold down on the Volume + button and hold down the Power button at the same time. As soon as the tablet's screen turns on let go of the Power button but keep the Volume + button held down until you see a large Android in the center of the screen. At this point you will see a screen with boot options. Use the Volume – button to go down to Wipe Data Factory Reset and tap the Power button to select this option. On the next screen use the Volume – button again to go down to Yes and use the Power button to select. At this point it will be going through the wiping and resetting process. When it's done you will see the first screen you came to when you first started the setup. Just tap the Power button to select Reboot System Now.

Make sure tablet is powered off.
Hold down Volume + button and Power button at same time.
When screen comes on let go of Power button.
When the large Android shows on screen let go of Volume + button.
Use Volume – button to scroll to Wipe Data/ Factory Reset
Tap Power button to select.
Use Volume – button to scroll to Yes.
Tap Power button to select.
Tap Power button to select Reboot System Now.

Mar 24, 2014
Think im screwed

Ok so I have a tri stealth g2 which was froze at boot logo, I was able to use aml flash tool and erased nand, unfortunatley the rom I installed was Novo7 which said it installed successsfully but I tried to power on my trio and nothing came on at all; however when I plug it in to my pc it comes up as a novo7 portable media player device and lets me access the internal storage. The problem is how can I flash from the internal storage, is there a program that will allow me to erase all data? The internal storage reports 5.47 gb and 5.37 gb free. Once again nothing comes on the screen so trying to gain access to any recovery not possible. I was hoping I could change the driver for the device back to the world cup driver for aml but it refuses to do it saying the driver isnt compatible grrrr. If anyone can help be appreciated.

Ok so I used adt bundle and got the device to change to Android ADB Interface tried livesuit, didnt work anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:

little_rat_9176

Apr 6, 2014

so how do I back up for another device?

Justin Buser

Apr 8, 2009
You could install a custom recovery (like Clockwork Mod) and do it from there but if you do a backup of your brikcked device... when you do the restore it will stay bricked so you have 2 options:
1) make a backup from the same device of a person you know.... there is one big problem of this... you'll get the same IMEI number as the other phone
2) buy a new one

That can't possibly be true, I've never seen an Android device that had the built in factory reset functionality removed...

kasjhd

Sep 28, 2014
fail

I tried tried th Power button/ volume - button and it worked, but no it doesnt. it just stays on the boot screen

rodlopez619

Apr 23, 2012
Need some help with Stealth G2 10.1

Hey can anyone tell me if its fixable, i got a Trio Stealth - 10 MST 10-21. I have been searching everywhere on how to fix my problem.
So the tablet freezes on the boot screen i tried all the buttons to get to recovery mode, but i don't think it is working because once i get the correct buttons to recovery the screen turns black and nothing else happens i hold the +volume button & power button and i only get a glimmer of black i hold it for minutes at a time to see if anything happens and nothing. My questions are am i using the correct button configuration to go in to recovery? and is this fixable?

Tablet not rooted stock firmware

Thanks in advance for your help.

nerdydude2

Oct 20, 2014
Same problem

I have the same Tablet and same problem. This is what I do. Leave it unplugged and on to drain the battery. After it has totally drained, recharge it then turn it on. If still won't turn on try the reset button. I use a needle to reset the tiny hole. If that won't work, hold the volume + and power buttons and hold until it turns on. This takes awhile to get it on. Then let go of the power button. If that doesn't work, I just try all the buttons and keep pushing them all and have got it to turn on. What causes mine to go black is if I hold the power button on too long. Just press it until you see Trio and let go immediately. It sucks. The tablet is actually great but that and really poor sound is its drawback.

Hey can anyone tell me if its fixable, i got a Trio Stealth - 10 MST 10-21. I have been searching everywhere on how to fix my problem.
So the tablet freezes on the boot screen i tried all the buttons to get to recovery mode, but i don't think it is working because once i get the correct buttons to recovery the screen turns black and nothing else happens i hold the +volume button & power button and i only get a glimmer of black i hold it for minutes at a time to see if anything happens and nothing. My questions are am i using the correct button configuration to go in to recovery? and is this fixable?

Tablet not rooted stock firmware

Thanks in advance for your help.

MelloDuck

Oct 16, 2014
Boot Logo

Same problem, stuck at boot trying to fix for a friend but it's looking doubtful now.
And it's missing the vol and power key so i have to use things to poke at them.
Things I've noticed though.

red charging LED turns green after hitting the small reset button.

If I keep holding down the vol+ after powering up it will stay green as soon as I let it go..
it turns red.

If I use vol+ with power and do not reset it then it will stay red.

Mar 15, 2015
Guadalajara
Trio Stealth G4 7 frozen at boot logo

Hi guys...
I made a mistake..
I download "Cydia Impactor" for rooting mi device and by mistake I clicked in the menu "device/Bootloader" option (I do not what is that option for) and now my tablet is frozen at boot logo when it restart.
I saw that my computer recognize de tablet like "USB Developer" when I connect it to the USB port but in the explorer I can not see any device letter assigned to the tablet (E:, F: G: etc.).
What can I do????
Also y tried to restart pressing (Volumen down and Power on together) for factoring reset but nothing happen.
Somebody can help me??? thanks.

Last edited:

Berthfield

Feb 19, 2011
Found it!!!

Hi guys...
I made a mistake..
I download "Cydia Impactor" for rooting mi device and by mistake I clicked in the menu "device/Bootloader" option (I do not what is that option for) and now my tablet is frozen at boot logo when it restart.
I saw that my computer recognize de tablet like "USB Developer" when I connect it to the USB port but in the explorer I can not see any device letter assigned to the tablet (E:, F: G: etc.).
What can I do????
Also y tried to restart pressing (Volumen down and Power on together) for factoring reset but nothing happen.

After a day or two of searching I have finally found the stock firmware for the trio stealth g2 hype. Downloaded it from baidu and flashed with out an issue.

The file can be had at this link; for those who don't know how to download from baidu I will am uploading it to 4shared now.

Edit: link to the file on 4shared.

To install just extract the files unto a sdcard and power on the tablet while pressing volume down.

Last edited:

irapeace

Nov 11, 2015
Have a trio g2 with same problem. Sticking at the A9 screen. I got to the recovery screen and reformatted, wiped cache and wiped media. One right after the other. Done a restart from the recovery screen and behold.....It went to the setup screen like when it was new. Hope it works for others. I tried all of the above mentioned, except for the flashing.

johndubya

Jul 11, 2012
Have a trio g2 with same problem. Sticking at the A9 screen. I got to the recovery screen and reformatted, wiped cache and wiped media. One right after the other. Done a restart from the recovery screen and behold.....It went to the setup screen like when it was new. Hope it works for others. I tried all of the above mentioned, except for the flashing.

I just did the same thing, and it worked for me too!

To enter the recovery screen, you press the volume down button and the power button . . . not the volume up button like others have stated. Once in recovery, I wiped cache and did a factory reset, then rebooted the device. It went to the setup screen! And it only took me 5 minutes! :)

shusain93

Jan 25, 2013
After a day or two of searching I have finally found the stock firmware for the trio stealth g2 hype. Downloaded it from baidu and flashed with out an issue.

The file can be had at this link; for those who don't know how to download from baidu I will am uploading it to 4shared now.

To install just extract the files unto a sdcard and power on the tablet while pressing volume down.

I've mirrored the download to a less garbage file host. 4shared forces you to create an account to download at 25KB/s. Totally BS.
https://mega.nz/#!RNBmjBrI!hSmMhkf8acjjEzSBuBSsKWRcEgulSYGEbEmuxSaZLP8

Bricked420

Apr 4, 2018
Elgin
I realize this is an older , (to say the least) post. But could someone please tell me do I need to format the Micro SD, to make it bootable, or can I simply unzip it onto the SD and start up the tablet using the ways described in the posts on this tread? It almost seems too easy, but any help...any at all, even the littlest, tiniest ity-bity bit would be so , so, so very greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time this evening.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found it!!!

Hi guys...
    I made a mistake..
    What can I do????