[ROM][Hammerhead][KitKat][4.4.4][KTU84P][Unofficial][13/07/2014] Dirty Unicorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Amplificator

Dec 20, 2006
iw4DoNmPOVpem.png

in9Mv3fr0UYrv.png

I recently started doing unofficial builds of Dirty Unicorns straight from the repository.

I did this because Team DIRT, the creators of Dirty Unicorns, are only releasing builds which are considered stable.
Now, I like having the latest and greatest available so I fired up an installation of Arch Linux and began building from their source.

I then figured that other people might have the same need for the latest code as I do, so why not share the builds?

I intend on updating this thread with new builds when Team DIRT commit features which are relevant for Nexus 5.

The changelog below will contain the time at which the repo was synced and additional cherry-picks, if any, will be mentioned as well.

The important thing about my builds is that they are unofficial which means there is absolutely no support, not from me and especially not from Team DIRT themselves.
You can use this thread to discuss my builds and provide each other with help and suggestions but as my disclaimer mentions below; do not report bugs to Team DIRT.

ix8uRKFjuYlVO.png

These builds are unofficial and are not supported by Team DIRT.
I compile these builds solely for the purpose of having the latest code available from the repositories.
Because of this you might experience unstable builds and possibly data loss. Remember to backup your data accordingly before using any of these builds!

If something breaks I am not inclined to help in any way and you can not report bugs to Team DIRT!

iJmEwMiB3Lptc.png

As a general overview of features in the ROM you can have a look at the entry for the official build.

Notice the date of the official build. My unofficial builds will have all the features present in the official ROM including every commit and cherry-picks between the official and time of my repo sync.
Cherry-picks, if any, will be mentioned in the changelog.

ibwNxPhscPH3wR.png

Repository was synced at ~12:45 CET | 13/07/2014 thus all merges up until that point are included.

Dirty Unicorns Gerrit

iblubgzSOxv0py.png

- Make sure you have a custom recovery installed.
- Download and move the ROM along with the optional Google apps and custom kernel to your device.
- Reboot into recovery.
- Wipe everything except internal/external storage such as /sdcard.
- Flash the unofficial build of Dirty Unicorns.
- (Optional) Flash Google Apps.
- (Optional) Flash custom kernel.
- Reboot.

iJe4XkOQhbnFw.png

This build is considered highly experimental.
It is built completely with the Linaro 4.8 toolchain and JustArchi's optimizations.

du_hammerhead_4.4.4_20140713-1245-linaro.zip
md5: 19e22a92e0e29c3f4aff19166fb18b6a

XDA:DevDB Downloads

Mirrors at my own servers:
Milan, Italy
Dallas, Texas, USA

Older builds

Optional downloads

[GAPPS][4.4.x/4.3.x] OFFICIAL Up-to-Date PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's)

iAI4IncsQtx6R.png

Screenshots of the ROM can be found in my DevDB Screenshot folder.

Due to the nature of the ROM they might be outdated.
Additional screenshots may be found by visiting Dirty Unicorns on Google+.

ibbAfzqWp6Y5op.png

Team DIRT and all projects and individuals who contributed to it.

Dirty Unicorns on Google+.
Team DIRT / Dirty Unicorns' website.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][Hammerhead][KitKat][4.4.4][KTU84P][Unofficial][13/07/2014] Dirty Unicorns, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
Amplificator, Team DIRT, mlaws90
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: Dirty Unicorns

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2014-07-13

Created 2014-02-20
Last Updated 2014-08-18

Attachments

• About.png
    About.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 19,335
Last edited:

dan96815

Apr 6, 2010
Markham ON CANADA
Very nice ROM

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

Really fast with linaro kernel in OP

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mamoto66

Feb 4, 2013
laredo,spain
Very good rom.Many configuration.I miss lockscreen notification and the ability to change themes.Thanks and greetings from Spain.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-21-07-06-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-21-07-06-57.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 415
  • Screenshot_2014-02-21-06-48-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-21-06-48-12.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 411
  • Screenshot_2014-02-21-07-01-48.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-21-07-01-48.png
    217.3 KB · Views: 409

Amplificator

Dec 20, 2006
This is the only feature in OmniROM that i found useless.
Can we expect the Aokp or Slim navigation-bar customization instead ? (more features)
Tanks

I'd like to see more button-options myself, like a notification-pulldown for example.
But as I say in my original post these are unofficial builds. I am not afilliated with Team DIRT so I have no idea what they plan to include in their rom.

I build and share them, that's about it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    iw4DoNmPOVpem.png

in9Mv3fr0UYrv.png

I recently started doing unofficial builds of Dirty Unicorns straight from the repository.

I did this because Team DIRT, the creators of Dirty Unicorns, are only releasing builds which are considered stable.
    Now, I like having the latest and greatest available so I fired up an installation of Arch Linux and began building from their source.

I then figured that other people might have the same need for the latest code as I do, so why not share the builds?

I intend on updating this thread with new builds when Team DIRT commit features which are relevant for Nexus 5.

The changelog below will contain the time at which the repo was synced and additional cherry-picks, if any, will be mentioned as well.

The important thing about my builds is that they are unofficial which means there is absolutely no support, not from me and especially not from Team DIRT themselves.
    You can use this thread to discuss my builds and provide each other with help and suggestions but as my disclaimer mentions below; do not report bugs to Team DIRT.

ix8uRKFjuYlVO.png

These builds are unofficial and are not supported by Team DIRT.
    I compile these builds solely for the purpose of having the latest code available from the repositories.
    Because of this you might experience unstable builds and possibly data loss. Remember to backup your data accordingly before using any of these builds!

If something breaks I am not inclined to help in any way and you can not report bugs to Team DIRT!

iJmEwMiB3Lptc.png

As a general overview of features in the ROM you can have a look at the entry for the official build.

Notice the date of the official build. My unofficial builds will have all the features present in the official ROM including every commit and cherry-picks between the official and time of my repo sync.
    Cherry-picks, if any, will be mentioned in the changelog.

ibwNxPhscPH3wR.png

Repository was synced at ~12:45 CET | 13/07/2014 thus all merges up until that point are included.

Dirty Unicorns Gerrit

iblubgzSOxv0py.png

- Make sure you have a custom recovery installed.
    - Download and move the ROM along with the optional Google apps and custom kernel to your device.
    - Reboot into recovery.
    - Wipe everything except internal/external storage such as /sdcard.
    - Flash the unofficial build of Dirty Unicorns.
    - (Optional) Flash Google Apps.
    - (Optional) Flash custom kernel.
    - Reboot.

iJe4XkOQhbnFw.png

This build is considered highly experimental.
    It is built completely with the Linaro 4.8 toolchain and JustArchi's optimizations.

du_hammerhead_4.4.4_20140713-1245-linaro.zip
    md5: 19e22a92e0e29c3f4aff19166fb18b6a

Mirrors at my own servers:
    Milan, Italy
    Dallas, Texas, USA

Older builds

Optional downloads

[GAPPS][4.4.x/4.3.x] OFFICIAL Up-to-Date PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's)

iAI4IncsQtx6R.png

Screenshots of the ROM can be found in my DevDB Screenshot folder.

Due to the nature of the ROM they might be outdated.
    Additional screenshots may be found by visiting Dirty Unicorns on Google+.

ibbAfzqWp6Y5op.png

Team DIRT and all projects and individuals who contributed to it.

Dirty Unicorns on Google+.
    Team DIRT / Dirty Unicorns' website.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][Hammerhead][KitKat][4.4.4][KTU84P][Unofficial][13/07/2014] Dirty Unicorns, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    Amplificator, Team DIRT, mlaws90
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: Dirty Unicorns

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2014-07-13

Created 2014-02-20
    Last Updated 2014-08-18
    I''m getting confused between two builds

Does Amplificator's merge his cherry's to mlaws90's build or it is a completely separate build? What I want to know, if all features are available in both builds or one has more or less than other?

We both do our own builds independently of each other.
    We are in different time zones and all that (I'm from Denmark and mlaws90 is from USA) but lets assume just for now that we are not:

Mlaws90 syncs the respository early in the morning and he completes his build.
    A few hours later one of the developers merges some code to their repository which you can follow here: http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/#/q/status:merged,n,z
    Then in the evening I sync the repository. I therefore get the updated code and that has now made it into my build.

Cherry-picks are code updates which might or might not have been tested and can be buggy. It is therefore not merged into the final code yet. You can follow that here and see what code is to be merged if it passes testing: http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/#/q/status:open,n,z

But even though it is not merged into the repository, mlaws90 and I can choose to put it into our own builds. That is called cherry-picking. As I said, sometimes the code is tested and working fine and other times it is not and simply doesn't work. Around the 20th or so mlaws90 had a build with "multi-user support" but that didn't actually work. The device ran fine, no crashes or anything but when you tried to switch between users it would bug out. This "multi-user support" was a cherry-pick by him which was not merged with the final code yet because it wasn't tested and approved.

As a general rule just take the latest build. That might be my build or it might be mlaws90's build. You have to look at the date and time we write for each build. We are not posting builds that doesn't work at all.
    Where we differentiate them is usually with our cherry-picks and, of course, the time of day we sync the repository. Because I'm in a different time zone than mlaws90 the developers might have updated the code.
    So if you really want to tell the difference you have to look at our changelog. We write when we sync the repository and what cherry-picks we include, if any. You can then go to the gerrit above and check what has happened in between our builds.

I hope that clarifies it a bit :)