Where can I buy the G2 in Manhatten?

Search This thread

tomerstern

Feb 11, 2011
Im not sure when this thread belongs, so I will just throw it in the G2 help forum.

Im will be flying to Manhattan and looking to buy the device once I get there. I want to step into a store and buy the device, however the prices are much higher tha Amazon. For example, I saw a 90$ price difference between Amazon and Best Buy.

Can anyone tip me on where can I buy the device in Manhattan, but in Amazon prices?

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Last edited:

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
I bought mine on eBay for 300, it would likely be more expensive in stores. And knowing NY you have to consider the sales tax...Anyway you can find it at T-Mobile, AT& T, Best buy, Verizon, etc.

Transmitted via Geass

tomerstern

Feb 11, 2011
I bought mine on eBay for 300, it would likely be more expensive in stores. And knowing NY you have to consider the sales tax...Anyway you can find it at T-Mobile, AT& T, Best buy, Verizon, etc.

Transmitted via Geass

Thanks for your reply, but these stores do not offer the cheapest prices...

Anyone knows where I can find prices which match ebay/amazon?

tomerstern

Feb 11, 2011
Manhattan isn't exactly a cheap place either, 3rd party stores here usually charge MSRP, not the prices you find online.

Transmitted via Geass

Another related question:
If I buy via Amazon and have it sent to New York, will I get charged MSRP somehow? Will it have to be paid to the courier?
If not, then why would anybody buy in stores when everything can be bought via Amazon who are cheaper and have great customer service?

Manbot27

Mar 23, 2013
If I buy via Amazon and have it sent to New York, will I get charged MSRP somehow? Will it have to be paid to the courier?
If not, then why would anybody buy in stores when everything can be bought via Amazon who are cheaper and have great customer service?
Peoples want it instantly and don't want to wait for shipping, rush shipping typically boosts the price to similar levels, also returning an online item is more of a hassle.

As far as I know Amazon usually charges taxes for all or most items in New York. Before it was dependant on where the seller was shipping from but Amazon is large enough that it would bring governmental and legal oversight if they didn't charge tax.

I'd honestly just purchase it from an official Att and Verizon store just to avoid any future trouble or warranty issues. A lot of the g2's on Amazon are the unlocked international version.

tomerstern

Feb 11, 2011
Peoples want it instantly and don't want to wait for shipping, rush shipping typically boosts the price to similar levels, also returning an online item is more of a hassle.

As far as I know Amazon usually charges taxes for all or most items in New York. Before it was dependant on where the seller was shipping from but Amazon is large enough that it would bring governmental and legal oversight if they didn't charge tax.

I'd honestly just purchase it from an official Att and Verizon store just to avoid any future trouble or warranty issues. A lot of the g2's on Amazon are the unlocked international version.
I plan on bringing it with me back to Israel, so I don't plan on using the warranty anyway ;)

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
If you buy from Amazon you'll get the Amazon price, but NY has sales tax, so that will increase the price (And any shipping costs if you don't use Prime).

tomerstern

Feb 11, 2011
If you buy from Amazon you'll get the Amazon price, but NY has sales tax, so that will increase the price (And any shipping costs if you don't use Prime).

In the second part of the trip I will be in South Carolina for a wedding.
Will it be cheaper if I order from Amazon and have it shipped to the hotel Ill be staying in?

tomerstern

Feb 11, 2011
If you still rather buy at a store, some retailers allow you to pricematch to amazons cost. Only some. But going amazon route is indubitably the simplest.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app

I would really rather just buy from a store, because waiting for a package to arrive to the hotel will be make me worry all the time that it will actually arrive on time before my trip ends, etc.

Do you know of some store in Manhattan where I can try this approach?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for your reply, but these stores do not offer the cheapest prices...

Anyone knows where I can find prices which match ebay/amazon?

Manhattan isn't exactly a cheap place either, 3rd party stores here usually charge MSRP, not the prices you find online.

Transmitted via Geass