HTC desire sound quality

Search This thread

vinee9

Jul 12, 2010
Hey guys, I don't know whether ur scared of the topic but no one has found ways to better the sound quality of the phone . Everyone is able to port stuff and create roms but never anything about sound improvement like porting dolby from other android mobile.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

vinee9

Jul 12, 2010
when is say sound quality, i mean music quality through earphones. i got a pair of sennheisers cx400

drew2d1

Aug 2, 2010
I'm using Sennheiser CX 300 II and the quality is fine. Better then my creative zen.

Audio from the speaker is dreadful.

djs_90

Jul 29, 2010
I'm using Sennheiser CX 300 II and the quality is fine. Better then my creative zen.

Audio from the speaker is dreadful.

Ditto....listening to them as I type....there is a slight hiss when sound goes quite...but still nice enough sound.
But I would like to experience better quality if its possible.

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Why are there 2 of the same threads going on? Mods, remove the one in Dev section...

My 2p regarding headphones, mine is fine with Sennheiser HD25 Mk2s

paulruk

Apr 2, 2010
Buenos AIres
The Desire sound quality is fine, its your earphones that are the problem.
I made the mistake of buying some cx400s after owning some cx300s that broke. The cx400s were more expensive and thought the sound would be better but they sounded flat compared to the cx300.

Now I use some £80 kipsch earphones and the difference between the cheap sennheisers is amazing. So I suggest buying a decent pair of earphones ie £60+ to hear what the Desire can do.

MightySashiman

Apr 15, 2010
OnePlus 6T
paulruk> earphones sounding flat (=linear) does not mean they are bad at all. All monitoring speakers and stage earphones have flat output. Use a software DSP before the output (for instance DSPManager) if you want louder low's and high's. Flat output is usually best when you want to get all the mediums in classical music.

I've got westone UM2, linear output, DSP Manager does wonders on house / rock music.

vinee9

Jul 12, 2010
what is dsp manager. any pics. pls. anything would be helpful. is it anything like equalisers on mixzing or astro player.

Last edited:

paulruk

Apr 2, 2010
Buenos AIres
paulruk> earphones sounding flat (=linear) does not mean they are bad at all. All monitoring speakers and stage earphones have flat output. Use a software DSP before the output (for instance DSPManager) if you want louder low's and high's. Flat output is usually best when you want to get all the mediums in classical music.

I've got westone UM2, linear output, DSP Manager does wonders on house / rock music.

ok sorry , what I meant was that the cx400s sounded like they had no bass, and no treble. It was all in the middle.

sudkcoce

Sep 25, 2009
I find the sound quality on the desire great. I am currently using Sony Ericsson mw600...

Aug 31, 2008
Hong Kong
when i plug my Ultimate Ears Triple-fi 10 vi into my desire, the sound is not good as iPhone 4, the sound in desire is 'no bass no triple'. :( it like a inverted "U".
is there any solution instead of install another music player? :confused:

iLHaNroID

Apr 21, 2010
Guys have you tried PowerAMP music player, which has a good equalizer with pre-amp + separate bass and treble knobs that can be enabled/disabled. Also I am using Sony

iLHaNroID

Apr 21, 2010
... Sony MDR-EDL12LP Bass Boost headset (costs abt 20-25 eur) 108 dB, 8-22000 kHz I know this is not a top notch stuff at all but imo that's a very good combination, I'm pretty satisfied and pleased with the sound quality.

MightySashiman

Apr 15, 2010
OnePlus 6T
PowerAMP is indeed a great if not from far the best music player available on android. It has most of the stuff you would need (except online podcasting stuff) such as an equalizer with common presets and flac support :D

jacobtc

Jun 14, 2010
Now when we are at it, how does the Desire stack up against higher-end DAP's? Using a iAudio 7 with some Etymotic MC5's right now, but would like to know if the Desire is just half as good as the iAudio :D

MatDrOiD

May 6, 2011
Halle (Saale) + Langelsheim
Their cannot be the best warphone for everyone (personal preferences). Furthermore, I am pretty sure there are better ones than the ones you suggested. :D

TouchPaled from Oxygen with Transparent XDA App