Dell Streak Dead or Alive?

Search This thread

needspractice

Mar 17, 2008
I have a Dell Streak 5. I even have an extra one because of a shipping mix up. I have I think the latest factory rom with super user installed and clockwork recovery. Is this it for the Dell Streak 5? Anything else on the horizon? Or is it just an old phone waiting to die. Should I be exicited about the the new phones with 4G LTE or just be content with my 3G Unlimited and Dell Streak 5 until both break?

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA Premium App

MaybeOnce

Aug 1, 2010
Keeper for at least another year

I got my unlocked, unbranded Streak 5 last April direct from Dell and am loving it on my still unlimited 3G on AT&T. It is my primary business do-everything phablet. If I had a second one, I would start playing with ROMs.

I'll be happy here until the price points on LTE comes down to acceptable range and wider coverage - maybe this time next year. I would love an LTE/GSM unlocked and unbranded with a similar form factor.

My 1.45 cents (after taxes).

'Breeze

ruben__

Aug 2, 2009
* reaction in wrong thread

Edit: It was dead and now it's alive again! :D

Last edited:

nutpants

Feb 6, 2007
FV-british columbia
i just got one.. so its not dead for me....
gingerbread 2.3.3 (407) installed and tweaked and running pretty good so far.
i dont expect it to be my go to device but it rocks as a your a dirty girl/not getting my real number phone.. and is fantastic as a GPS and PDA for my truck.

just need to do the research and find what is the most stable ROM, yet updated reasonably.

chriscullen42

Oct 18, 2010
Would have said the Dell Streak was kinda fading away until CM7 came out (see other topic in this section) - now I have that installed its back to being very much alive! If your using the buggy 407 make the effort to get to CM7 - it's not that hard and it is so worth it.

Dell Streak rockin all over again! :D

warboat

Dec 20, 2005
Melbourne
legendary

Like Nissan with the beloved Datsun 240Z, Dell will start buying up all the broken and bricked streaks. They will then refurbish them with original parts, flash them all with donut 1.6 and put them to market at a premium and the oleskool collectors will snap them up and store them in vacuum sealed glass case displays.

needspractice

Mar 17, 2008
Well everyone I really like the idea of the Galaxy Note and maybe even the Galaxy Note 2 but you know what I am kinda over the whole phone tablet big screen craze. I think I care more about phone quality, reliability, and speed more than anything. I think I am going to consider the Galaxy Nexus or the Galaxy S III and call it a day.

ruben__

Aug 2, 2009
Well everyone I really like the idea of the Galaxy Note and maybe even the Galaxy Note 2 but you know what I am kinda over the whole phone tablet big screen craze. I think I care more about phone quality, reliability, and speed more than anything. I think I am going to consider the Galaxy Nexus or the Galaxy S III and call it a day.

I never believed in that phone / tablet hype. Any phone bigger than 5 inch is just not even practical, for me that is. It's probably the best for mobile browsing and reading some stuff on the net when I'm on the go but that's it. It can't and will never act like a tablet for my purpose, for that I need a minimum of 9" and therefore it will always be a phone and organizing tool to me.

As for the nexus or s3, I suggest to wait a bit longer and you will probably have a much better (faster/prettier/more capable) device.

needspractice

Mar 17, 2008
Dead. They stopped making it. Only refurbs. I do have one new in the box unopened though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App

nutpants

Feb 6, 2007
FV-british columbia
Alive... But reborn as....
The galaxy note is about the exact same size.just newer tech and a much better support from the manufacture for developers.

The Dell streak, it's dead.but I still love it as a book reader and house wifi device.

deysmacro

Jan 6, 2012
Alive... But reborn as....
The galaxy note is about the exact same size.just newer tech and a much better support from the manufacture for developers.

The Dell streak, it's dead.but I still love it as a book reader and house wifi device.

hmm.. well i suppose it can be like that too...