4.4.2 update

Search This thread

termleech

Nov 12, 2010
McPherson, KS
www.codemonkeyjava.com
The update had to go through carrier approvals as well. Since HTC, Samsung and LG are all trying to get their updates out as well I suspect the carrier approval process is taking a while. Especially since we just got a 4.4 update.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Odin2347

Jul 17, 2010
Well I can report that my battery life is pretty ****ty. 12 hours uptime with 2 and a half hours screen on and it's about to die. Android OS usage is very high with an hour and a half of CPU usage. Seems to drain faster with WiFi enabled which is strange. I have ART enabled, autobrightness, background sync off, google location reporting/history off, disabled most bloat.

taj80

Sep 20, 2010
I had the same issue with the battery drain on ART. It seems there is an issue with the new Google play services which changed for 4 4.2 ART since the ART compiler changed in 4.4.2. I switched back to dalvik and battery life was back to normal.

mawells787

Feb 27, 2011
New York
Well I can report that my battery life is pretty ****ty. 12 hours uptime with 2 and a half hours screen on and it's about to die. Android OS usage is very high with an hour and a half of CPU usage. Seems to drain faster with WiFi enabled which is strange. I have ART enabled, autobrightness, background sync off, google location reporting/history off, disabled most bloat.

Do you use Bluetooth audio ? If so would please check if you can control the volume from phone.

FinalBabality

Dec 25, 2013
Pittsburgh
Canadian Update

Motorola just announced 4.4.2 is coming to Rogers and Fido Moto X devices soon. Hopefully we won't have to wait a long time for it to make it's way stateside. I can't post a link, but they just shared one on their Twitter account.

vikramkhalsa

Mar 7, 2012
www.amasingh.com

Same thing happens to me.. maybe a little better but it does seem to drain faster with wifi and the culprit is android OS and or google play services.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did anyone get this? My VZW moto x that I just bought yesterday prompted me to update today.
    Are you part of moto feedback network?

MEID/IMEI would be new, so that would be a quick turn around to get phone, register phone in MFN, and get update next day.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

I have the dev edition verizon moto x and have no update available. I also plugged the phone into the computer and checked if there was an update using Motorola device manager.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Same here, execpt I didn't check for update via Moto Device Manager.

On a side note.. the system version is in the 160's, where as 4.4.2 on the G's is in the 170's.. so is this "older" than the G 4.4.2 roms?
    Make a system dump if possible! :D
    I am impatient now!!
    You know how to run adb?!?!
    if so then just type "adb pull /system" that should pull some of the required stuff! :good::good::good::fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

So you have received this update too?!?! Could you do a system dump? U have an unlocked bootloader?!

Seriously, you could be a little nicer about asking people to do things for you. A lot of people never have reason to use ADB... When I get the update I'll pull the update file off of the device before it runs - this should get you anything you need. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll run a system dump and zip it up for you.