[Q] What am I doing wrong?

Search This thread

johny1900

Jun 23, 2014
Hi,

I unlocked the bootloader of my xperia u.
Also I rooted it.
Now I want to install speedy droid of Divaksh with his tool http://xdaforums.com/xper...1-rom-t2135702

But it tells to go to cwm mode pressing power and volume up button.
But I never see any menu appearing. Do I have to install something else? And if so, what do I have to install?

Kr,

Johny

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
Hi,

Also I rooted it.
Now I want to install speedy droid of Divaksh with his tool http://xdaforums.com/xper...1-rom-t2135702

But I never see any menu appearing. Do I have to install something else? And if so, what do I have to install?

Kr,

Johny

The link you posted is broken.
Usually it's either volume or powernot both, try spamming volume up every second or so when the phone boot.
Have you installed CWM (or flashed kernel that has CWM built-in)?

Reactions: johny1900

johny1900

Jun 23, 2014
Usually it's either volume or powernot both, try spamming volume up every second or so when the phone boot.

Hi,

I didn't installed anything, except that I unlocked the bootloader and rooted the phone.
So I am sure that it will be the problem.
I will give it a try! Thank you very much

Kr.

Johny

jose97ct

Jan 15, 2014
I think you need to install CWM or TWRP recovery, and in my case, the button I spam is the volume down, not the volume up.
Try it and tell us if it worked! :)

DEVICE: Sony Xperia U
ROM: Xperia STE Team CyanogenMod 11
VERSION: KitKat 4.4.4
CPU Governor: SMARTASS V2
E/S Governor: SIO

johny1900

Jun 23, 2014
It is indeed that I need to install the CWM.
But I found it to complicated. And you need to install/ alot lf stuff. This all so I can install Speedy Droid.
So I found in the play goolge and app called System App Remover and now I can uninstall Bloatware, other apk,... And it keeps it in a recycling bin, so if you deleted something you shouldn't, ypu can recover it.
And if you finally wants it to be removed, you can just delete it.
So I used the list of speedy droid, to see which apps. I could delete and just deleted it with this app.

i am not sure if finally it is worth to install CWM, but for now I am fine.
If there are cool stuff which I need CWM, please tell me. Because then I will install it also.

For now I am happy. i have around 125MB free memory and the phone runs smooth!!

Kr,

Johny

burluk94

Jun 26, 2014
For backing up and deleting apps I can recommand you Titanium backup.
When you install CWM you can do backups of whole ROM. Which is good especially when you flashing new ROMs:)

Sent from my Xperia Sola using XDA Free mobile app

johny1900

Jun 23, 2014
For backing up and deleting apps I can recommand you Titanium backup.
When you install CWM you can do backups of whole ROM. Which is good especially when you flashing new ROMs:)

Thanks for telling me that. That is indeed a very good idea, making a backup of your rom before flashing it with another one.
I guess I will take a further look to this CWM The next few days.
Any suggestion for an easy and simple installation of it?

burluk94

Jun 26, 2014
Thanks for telling me that. That is indeed a very good idea, making a backup of your rom before flashing it with another one.

I did it via Flashtool, software for flashing Xperia devices. You can download kernel with build in cwm and flash it via Flashtool it is really easy, just follow any guide on xda, youtube or any other site.

Reactions: johny1900

johny1900

Jun 23, 2014
I did it via Flashtool, software for flashing Xperia devices. You can download kernel with build in cwm and flash it via Flashtool it is really easy, just follow any guide on xda, youtube or any other site.

GREAT:good::good:!!! I am sure going to see how that is!
Seems a cool tool!

Thx again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Also I rooted it.

Kr,

Johny