[Q] I9505 probably Knox related sound failure not fixed by medem reflashing

Search This thread

jihedovsky

Aug 12, 2014
Hello everybody,

I am seeking you generous help fixing my problem.I am afraid that it would be a little bit difficult .So please be patient with me .
I have been trying to fix this for a few weeks now with no success .
The title of the thread summs up my problem but here are the details :

I bought a used I9505 (very good apparent condition) but with non constant sound failure (no sound at all even on boot).
I thought it's knox related issue as stated in many threads here by .that would be solved by patching new bootloader compatible modem .but it's not the case . here I will state thing more clearly

Phone initial condition

-the original owner updated to android 4.4.2
-sound working fine
-he installed a custom rom (sound disappeared)
-he reinstalled stock again (sound working)
-installed foxhound rom (sound not working ) but it happens rarely to work (he said s"to verify")

what I personnaly did

-full wipe and data reset of the phone
-install stock rom I9505XXUGNE8_I9505VFRGNF1_VD2 (because he said thet the phone was originnally on vodafone ) using Odin 3.09
-sound not working + freezes every time the phone tries to play any sound or dial .
-I patched the according modem and non-hlos (twice and successful ) but no luck
-reinstalled the same Rom usind Heimdall (no luck )
-I patched the according modem and non-hlos (using heimdall and successful ) but no luck
-insttall I9505XXUGNE8_I9505VFGGNE2_VDF +modm and non-hlos (but no sound)
-install I9505XXUGNG8_I9505OXAGNG8_DBT (Odin and heimdall)
-I patched the according modem and non-hlos (using heimdall and odin twice successful ) but no luck
-I patched I9505_XXUBMH1_MODEM and non-hlos (no sound either)
-figured out that CSC is : NEE
-installed stock I9505XXUFNB9_I9505NEEFNB2_I9505XXUFNB9_HOME (latest NEE version available) (no sound)
-I patched the according modem and non-hlos (using heimdall and odin twice successful ) but no luck

Phone current details

product name : GT-I9505
Binary: samsung official
system status ; Official
knox kernel lock :0x0
knox warranty void:0x1
CSB-CONF-IG-LS8:0x30
write protection : enable
EMMC Burst Mode: enabled
android version: 4.4.2
baseband : I9505XXUFNB8 (latest NEE version available)
kernel:3.4.0-481100 dpi@swdd3004#1
Build : KOT49H.I9505XXUFNB8
Original CSC: NEE
FW CSC : NEE
Product code :GT-I9505ZKANEE
WIFI: WORKING
gsm network detection: Working

I hope I gave you all the relevant info about my case I am more that desperate please help me I will be greatefull .
My Thanks to all of you

Update: also the Mic is not working .

Last edited:

DeepankarS

Oct 2, 2012
Noida
Ask him for the stock rom that he uses to flash. If sound works there, let it stay? :p

Press Thanks if I helped :)
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via XDA app.

Reactions: jihedovsky

AEkiz

Jan 18, 2014
Try other stock ROMs
you have tripped Knox - you can try a custom Rom from the original android development following the instructions for flash
If that does not help you may have for service

jihedovsky

Aug 12, 2014
Try other stock ROMs
you have tripped Knox - you can try a custom Rom from the original android development following the instructions for flash

I tried multiple stock roms . I am trying now some custom do you think I may have a chance with customs more than what I had with stock ? why do you think this please . I am not a pro person so I could not exactly locate the problem . It would be nice to know more about it

AEkiz

Jan 18, 2014
I tried multiple stock roms . I am trying now some custom do you think I may have a chance with customs more than what I had with stock ? why do you think this please . I am not a pro person so I could not exactly locate the problem . It would be nice to know more about it

Your phone is not in my hands to tell you exactly what is a problem, but custom rom because you can do it very quickly flash simultaneously test some modems and as I said before, and if it does not result in anything - service
may be hardware problem
This is my personal opinion

Last edited:

DeepankarS

Oct 2, 2012
Noida
sorry but that was the first rom I tried . It did not work

Look buddy,

You said that your phone was normal when the other guy used to flash stock rom.
Why arent you able to do that?
Maybe he lied and there is a faulty hardware issue?
Try changing the speaker yourself. As it is the warranty is void.

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Samsung_Galaxy_S4#guideList

This site might helo you :)

jihedovsky

Aug 12, 2014
cm 11

PS: I just installed CM11 the latest build no luck (freezes are gone but no sound) also noticed that the mic is not working in stock and custom

jihedovsky

Aug 12, 2014
Look buddy,

I know that I am asking too much of you guys . but I am so desperate . the fact is that this is not speaker problem . because even headset does not work . and also the mic is not working . when an app tries using mic I get different errors depending on the app also in stock there are phone freezes when trying to play any sound or notification . as if system is failing to communicate with sound (I/O) shipset .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ask him for the stock rom that he uses to flash. If sound works there, let it stay? :p

Try other stock ROMs

Your phone is not in my hands to tell you exactly what is a problem, but custom rom because you can do it very quickly flash simultaneously test some modems and as I said before, and if it does not result in anything - service
    may be hardware problem
    This is my personal opinion
    sorry but that was the first rom I tried . It did not work

Look buddy,

PS: I just installed CM11 the latest build no luck (freezes are gone but no sound) also noticed that the mic is not working in stock and custom

go to service