{ROM}(PORT)MIUI Bravo 2.3.30.2

Search This thread

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
I took Defy MIUI 2.3.30 from miui.us and ported it for the Bravo and added a few things to make it more functional or fix bugs.

If anybody has anysuggestions or things they want added in, let me know and I'll try to add them in.

Still working on multilanguage. I have almost working multilanguage, 14 languages, but plugging in to pc can corrupt sdcard data, no tethering, and no copy\paste to\from pc. I don't want to release until thats fixed. No one wants to lose data.

The multilanguage framework-res.apk I have calls a 2nd usb notification and the two confilct with each other. I'm working on removing the calls to the 2nd mount tool, but its taking time. I've also uploaded the framework-res.apk if anyone can help to fix it.

• Added Camera
  • Build.prop changes
  • Added CM7 DSP Manager + Audio Effects
  • Removed Torch
  • Overclocked\Undervolted (If you don't like it you can always change it)

Changelog 2.3.30.1
  • Replaced /system/lib/hw/ with CM7 Kobe
  • Removed Audio Effects
  • Changed CM7 DSPManager to WajkIUI's CM7 DSPManager
  • Changed GPS to AGPS
  • Updated Google Play
  • *Added KickAssKernelizer_Tweaks_Installer_Update_3_RC7.1*
  • *Added V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update8*
  • *Added Die-Hard_Battery_Calibrator_RC5*
  • *Added 3GTurboCharger_Installer_Update_3_RC7*
  • Added Yaffs Explorer
  • Added Catlog
  • **Added No-Frills Cpu Control**
  • Added CpuSpy
  • Added Terminal Emulator
  • Added TweetyPeetys's Zipalign on Boot\Sdcard Read Ahead Tweak

Changelog 2.3.30.2
  • Moved Supercharger scripts to xbin for easier execution and less problems
  • Added 4 Way Reboot
  • Added Volume Button audio track skip when screen off
  • Added Beats Audio
  • Added Bravia Postprocessing mod
  • Added Multiling Keyboard
  • Added MortPlayer Music and Widget (for myself, I don't use miui music)
  • Changed rom base from miuiandroid.com to miui.us

Download MIUI Bravo 2.3.30.2
md5sum = e6151d7f4a10d0a1ff1a1c7eb60ea809

Install Notes

The Google First Run Wizard starts on the last page, then works normally after clicking finish.

*Scripts aren't activated by default. To use scripts, open Terminal Emulator, type "su", then use one of the following commands to use the scripts: "v6.sh" for V6SuperCharger "3g.sh" for 3g TurboCharger "kak.sh" for Kick Ass Kernelizer "dhb.sh" for Die Hard Battery Calibrator. I shortened all the script names to make the commands easier to type.*

**On first boot, open No-Frills Cpu Control, change Governor to Conservative or Smartass, change io scheduler to noop (not necessary, but is recommended), and select apply on boot. This will fix the Governor problems and use my overclock settings. Make it look like the last screenshot.**

The voltage for Vsel2 and Vsel3 may be low depending on your phone. If the rom acts unstable, increase Vsel2 by 1 and boot. If its still unstable, increase Vsel3 by 1 and boot. Repeat as necessary. They work perfect on my phone.

Thanks

Zepplinrox's Script Links For getting updated scripts and clicking thanks.

Thanks to TweetyPeety for his Zipalign scripts and to Mataflakitas for pointing out WajkIUI's working CM7 DSPManager

Attachments

• 20120402_084931.jpg
    20120402_084931.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 319
  • 20120402_085013.jpg
    20120402_085013.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 258
  • 20120402_085024.jpg
    20120402_085024.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 229
  • 20120402_085037.jpg
    20120402_085037.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 210
  • 20120402_085119.jpg
    20120402_085119.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 220
  • framework-res.apk
    7.4 MB · Views: 33
  • DSPManager-MIUI-cwm-flashable.zip
    162.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

mataflakitas

Aug 26, 2010
nuevo leon
I took Defy MIUI 2.3.30 from miuiandroid.org and ported it for the Bravo. It runs smooth and stable; at least for the hour I've been using it. I'm going camping for a few days and need a stable rom.:D

I kept the rom as stock as possible. I'd post screenshots, but I'm already on a custom theme and don't feel like changing back....and besides, they're the same as Pikachu dammit, just go look there.;)

[:Ddded Camera
[*]Build.prop changes
[*]Added CM7 DSP Manager + Audio Effects
[*]Removed Torch
[*]Overclocked (If you don't like it you can always change it)
[/LIST]:D

Download MIUI Bravo 2.3.30

EDIT
After messing around with overclocking, I found its bugged. To fix, Install No Frills Cpu Control from Market, boot with performance, and use no frills to select any other governor and select apply on boot.

Great... im like genius thanks skevy420...

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
CM7 DSP Equalizer Crash

Found "Bug"
Using the equalizer makes CM7 Dsp Manager crash. Not really a bug since DSP Manager wasn't made for MIUI and I added it in. Probably gonna remove it if I can't get it to fully work.

I'll reup a new version without DSP Manager around 8 pm central time, or 9 hours after this post. I'll include No Frills Cpu, zipalign on boot, sdtweak, and add in Supercharger, KAK and 3g Turbocharger (unused and unconfigured so you can tune them how you like).

Last edited:
Reactions: mataflakitas

mataflakitas

Aug 26, 2010
nuevo leon
thanks

Found "Bug"
Using the equalizer makes CM7 Dsp Manager crash. Not really a bug since DSP Manager wasn't made for MIUI and I added it in. Probably gonna remove it if I can't get it to fully work.

I'll reup a new version without DSP Manager around 8 pm central time, or 9 hours after this post. I'll include No Frills Cpu, zipalign on boot, sdtweak, and add in Supercharger, KAK and 3g Turbocharger (unused and unconfigured so you can tune them how you like).

thank...:D

it can see a glance this work...skeevy420
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1161110

Last edited:

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Update Bump

Quite a few changes. Look at the first post. I feel bad for the 19 who installed the first one...this one's better.

mataflakitas

Aug 26, 2010
nuevo leon
spanish

Update Bump

Quite a few changes. Look at the first post. I feel bad for the 19 who installed the first one...this one's better.

Only lacking the Spanish language......
:eek:

I believe that I can wait for you since I am a novice not like changing the language thank you very much...skeevy420....

Last edited:

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
I'll attempt to add in Spanish. Just found the MIUI Rom translation project. It'll take me a while to do it, since I don't speak Spanish and can barley read it.

It seems to be a simple enough process. Decompile the apk, add in a new language folder, make a new xml with translated strings. Spanish is 100% completed at the site, but I still have to make sure everything is in the same order as Engligh.

Link to translation guide

Link to Spanish Translation site

EDIT
After looking through some of the translations, many strings are missing. I can provide the English translation files for anyone who wants to translate the rom to another language.

Last edited:
Reactions: mataflakitas

mataflakitas

Aug 26, 2010
nuevo leon
thanks

I'll attempt to add in Spanish. Just found the MIUI Rom translation project. It'll take me a while to do it, since I don't speak Spanish and can barley read it.

It seems to be a simple enough process. Decompile the apk, add in a new language folder, make a new xml with translated strings. Spanish is 100% completed at the site, but I still have to make sure everything is in the same order as Engligh.

EDIT
After looking through some of the translations, many strings are missing. I can provide the English translation files for anyone who wants to translate the rom to another language.[/QUOT

I believe that I can wait for you since I am a novice not like changing the language thank you very much...skeevy420....:D

The video can check the chamber this working I do not believe that it is a failure to record video

Last edited:

mataflakitas

Aug 26, 2010
nuevo leon
faile

EDIT
After looking through some of the translations, many strings are missing. I can provide the English translation files for anyone who wants to translate the rom to another language.[/QUO

The video can check the chamber this working I do not believe that it is a failure to record video...

I believe that I can wait for you since I am a novice not like changing the language thank you very much...skeevy420....:D

The video can check the chamber this working I do not believe that it is a failure to record video

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Multilanguage help

I found a multilanguage pack for miui 2.3.30 but it makes a 2nd USB notification app appear and makes USB not work right. If anybody knows what activates USB notification it'll help me out a bunch.

I added in beats audio, 4 way reboot, volume button track skip on screen off. I'll post updated Tom later, I want to fix multilanguage USB first. Either way, update later today.

Edit--Found problem
Framework-res.apk
Now to try and fix it...

Last edited:
Reactions: anddep

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
I've noticed that the MIUI Compass only works some of the time. Opening any other compass fixes it.....anybody have a good compass app to add? Or any system type app for that matter?

I need to look into using Aroma Installer.

The post wasn't even up for 1 minute and someone had already downloaded the newest version. Damt that was fast.:eek:

mataflakitas

Aug 26, 2010
nuevo leon
I've noticed that the MIUI Compass only works some of the time. Opening any other compass fixes it.....anybody have a good compass app to add? Or any system type app for that matter?

I need to look into using Aroma Installer.

The post wasn't even up for 1 minute and someone had already downloaded the newest version. Damt that was fast.:eek:

This work already this in Spanish....?

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
No, not yet. Working on it. The only 2.3.30 multilangluage I've found has an extra USB notification system call in framework-res.apk and that call can cause sdcard corruption, apps not to function correctly, lose of data tethering, losing the ablity to copy and paste from the pc to the phone's sdcard. Probably other things too. Its just too unstable to add in for now.

I've attached the multilanguage framework-res.apk to the first post if someone wants to help make this multilanguage. So far I think the problem is a few strings in strings.xml in the language's values folder, and a line in ids.xml in the same folder. I've edited all the languages and removed all the calls, but I have recompile errors. I've tried 3 different versions of apktool.

I also forgot to add in dsp manager with the latest release. Not a big deal since Beats Audio works well, but I'll upload a patch for it later on today when I have the time for it. I was so busy with the multilanguage yesterday, and real life when I wasn't modding, that it slipped my mind.

PsyClip-R

Dec 19, 2009
Warsaw
*Scripts aren't activated by default. To use scripts, open Terminal Emulator, type "su", then use one of the following commands to use the scripts: "v6.sh" for V6SuperCharger "3g.sh" for 3g TurboCharger "kak.sh" for Kick Ass Kernelizer "dhb.sh" for Die Hard Battery Calibrator. I shortened all the script names to make the commands easier to type.*

What are these scrips for ?
And was the original MIUI 2.3.30 build overclocked ?

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
What are these scrips for ?
And was the original MIUI 2.3.30 build overclocked ?

The scripts are for memory, kernel, 3g, wifi, and lots of tweaks. Try them out. I recommend using the automatic settings in V6 (forgot the exact #), then option 20; options 5 & 7 in 3g, and enable io tweaks in kak and let it run. They'll help a lot. The 3g.sh option 5 doubles my 3g down speed. Check out the link on the bottom of the first post, it goes to the new release and archive page for the scripts.

No, it wasn't overclocked, but I've ran overclocked with those settings since December on all the roms I've ran. Only a few CM7's have had problems with those settings, and usually its the CM7 rom being buggy that causes the crashes with the low voltage.

I've also seen overclock posts with people running 300@18, 500@35, 800@44. for better battery. That's just dumb. You'll harldy ever stick at 500, hell, you'll hardly stick at the 600 stock, especially with the default governor settings. I found that 700 is a good median value to use. Powerful enough to get the job done without jumping to Vsel3 and stable when undervolted. And 1100 helps run games smoother without having to bump up the voltage.

For governors; choose Conservative for Best Battery with slight lag, then Smart Ass for Slightly less battery with less lag, then Ondemand. Performance & Userspace are battery killers, but they also stay on Vsel3 and are great when staying plugged in. The conservative lag comes from trying to stay on the lowest Vsel it can and lowering as soon as it can. Same with Smart Ass. Use No Frills to choose the governor and apply on boot. Leave the bootmenu governor at Performance, Ondemand, or Userspace for a faster boot and then don't pick that governor in No Frills, the overclock module likes to bug up with changing to the same governor already in use.

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
Questions:

Are you working on spanish language for MIUI? I understand everything but I'd like to install this rom to my girlfriend's bravo, she likes it.

Does Bravia engie work for us? I think it didnt work for defy neither for us.

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Questions:

Are you working on spanish language for MIUI? I understand everything but I'd like to install this rom to my girlfriend's bravo, she likes it.

Does Bravia engie work for us? I think it didnt work for defy neither for us.

Yes, working on Spanish. Maybe today or tomorrow. I'm having to use Google Translate on a hundred strings from 4 apks. After that I test.

I have no idea if Bravia works. I just added it in.

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
I'm having problems recompiling the apks no matter what method I do. I've tried a few methods with 3 different apktools. I'd just make a Spanish 2.3.30 rom, but there isn't one to make. The latest Spanish rom (miui.es) is 2.3.23. Other than that, the closest thing I can find is WajkIUI GB for Defy. I could port either one no problem.

The Pikachu Miui Rom has Spanish in it, if that helps.

PsyClip-R

Dec 19, 2009
Warsaw
can you build a clean install like MIUI does ?
I really appreciate your build, but i don't like overclock and software included

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I took Defy MIUI 2.3.30 from miui.us and ported it for the Bravo and added a few things to make it more functional or fix bugs.

If anybody has anysuggestions or things they want added in, let me know and I'll try to add them in.

Still working on multilanguage. I have almost working multilanguage, 14 languages, but plugging in to pc can corrupt sdcard data, no tethering, and no copy\paste to\from pc. I don't want to release until thats fixed. No one wants to lose data.

The multilanguage framework-res.apk I have calls a 2nd usb notification and the two confilct with each other. I'm working on removing the calls to the 2nd mount tool, but its taking time. I've also uploaded the framework-res.apk if anyone can help to fix it.

• Added Camera
    • Build.prop changes
    • Added CM7 DSP Manager + Audio Effects
    • Removed Torch
    • Overclocked\Undervolted (If you don't like it you can always change it)

Changelog 2.3.30.1
    • Replaced /system/lib/hw/ with CM7 Kobe
    • Removed Audio Effects
    • Changed CM7 DSPManager to WajkIUI's CM7 DSPManager
    • Changed GPS to AGPS
    • Updated Google Play
    • *Added KickAssKernelizer_Tweaks_Installer_Update_3_RC7.1*
    • *Added V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update8*
    • *Added Die-Hard_Battery_Calibrator_RC5*
    • *Added 3GTurboCharger_Installer_Update_3_RC7*
    • Added Yaffs Explorer
    • Added Catlog
    • **Added No-Frills Cpu Control**
    • Added CpuSpy
    • Added Terminal Emulator
    • Added TweetyPeetys's Zipalign on Boot\Sdcard Read Ahead Tweak

Changelog 2.3.30.2
    • Moved Supercharger scripts to xbin for easier execution and less problems
    • Added 4 Way Reboot
    • Added Volume Button audio track skip when screen off
    • Added Beats Audio
    • Added Bravia Postprocessing mod
    • Added Multiling Keyboard
    • Added MortPlayer Music and Widget (for myself, I don't use miui music)
    • Changed rom base from miuiandroid.com to miui.us

Download MIUI Bravo 2.3.30.2
    md5sum = e6151d7f4a10d0a1ff1a1c7eb60ea809

Install Notes

The Google First Run Wizard starts on the last page, then works normally after clicking finish.

**On first boot, open No-Frills Cpu Control, change Governor to Conservative or Smartass, change io scheduler to noop (not necessary, but is recommended), and select apply on boot. This will fix the Governor problems and use my overclock settings. Make it look like the last screenshot.**

The voltage for Vsel2 and Vsel3 may be low depending on your phone. If the rom acts unstable, increase Vsel2 by 1 and boot. If its still unstable, increase Vsel3 by 1 and boot. Repeat as necessary. They work perfect on my phone.

Thanks

Zepplinrox's Script Links For getting updated scripts and clicking thanks.

Thanks to TweetyPeety for his Zipalign scripts and to Mataflakitas for pointing out WajkIUI's working CM7 DSPManager
    thanks

Found "Bug"

thank...:D

it can see a glance this work...skeevy420
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1161110
    CM7 DSP Equalizer Crash

Found "Bug"

EDIT
    After looking through some of the translations, many strings are missing. I can provide the English translation files for anyone who wants to translate the rom to another language.
    Multilanguage help

I found a multilanguage pack for miui 2.3.30 but it makes a 2nd USB notification app appear and makes USB not work right. If anybody knows what activates USB notification it'll help me out a bunch.

I added in beats audio, 4 way reboot, volume button track skip on screen off. I'll post updated Tom later, I want to fix multilanguage USB first. Either way, update later today.

Edit--Found problem
    Framework-res.apk
    Now to try and fix it...