[ROM][V500][GPE-4.4 KOT49H] Alpha 3

Search This thread

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC
Update:
New Test build to see if it is finally working. I no longer have V500 to test with so if anyone wants to test and give me feedback.

Well it does not work...file removed

This will flash the persist.img from V510 to V500 which might be the key to get wifi and other hardware working. If it does not work and you need to flash old one back let me know. Make sure you back everything and be prepared to do a restore to stock if all else fails. That is the worst that can happen. Easy thing if it does not work is you flash the old persist.img which I will make if needed. I am downloading the TOT file now for v500 if it is needed...

Web Presence:
Twitter
Google+

Thanks to @Demetris for latest tip..

Thanks to @thoughtlesskyle and @Mixinitup4Christ for the system dump and all of their help.

Download HERE - File name V500_to_V510.zip

Last edited:

ekolb123

Aug 17, 2010
I flashed this using TWRP (was previously on cm11) and the G pad doesnt boot up. I just stay at that beginning screen where there is an LG logo with the text on the top left corner (secure booting error!, Cause device unlock so boot success!). I've had this message since i flash cm11 though.

Any idea what to do, it doesnt look like i can start-up in TWRP.

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC
I flashed this using TWRP (was previously on cm11) and the G pad doesnt boot up. I just stay at that beginning screen where there is an LG logo with the text on the top left corner (secure booting error!, Cause device unlock so boot success!). I've had this message since i flash cm11 though.

It should have not touched your recovery. Did you use the right button combo to the get into the factory reset screen and then keep pressing power button to get into TWRP?

ekolb123

Aug 17, 2010
Through some miracle of button combinations i was able to get back into twrp. Back on CM. Thanks guys!

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia

Happened to me too

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC
Yeah so after I got the basic patch to flash with no boot.img or aboot and other images, I decided to flash the imgs to see if I can covert tablet to GPE. Well folks...DO NOT TRY TO CONVERT!!! You may end up with a nice paper weight. Tablet will not even turn on now :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update:
    New Test build to see if it is finally working. I no longer have V500 to test with so if anyone wants to test and give me feedback.

Well it does not work...file removed

This will flash the persist.img from V510 to V500 which might be the key to get wifi and other hardware working. If it does not work and you need to flash old one back let me know. Make sure you back everything and be prepared to do a restore to stock if all else fails. That is the worst that can happen. Easy thing if it does not work is you flash the old persist.img which I will make if needed. I am downloading the TOT file now for v500 if it is needed...

Web Presence:
    Twitter
    Google+

Thanks to @Demetris for latest tip..

Thanks to @thoughtlesskyle and @Mixinitup4Christ for the system dump and all of their help.

Download HERE - File name V500_to_V510.zip
    new test build will be up in 20 minutes. Please read first post.

Edit: File done...
    OP is updated.

Sorry I could not get this working.
    i"ll fix wifi and upload you a working kernel to flash.
    Patience ;)
    We use different wifi(Prima) branches from palman and if our wifi binaries are signed that is why we cant have wifi working even if we replace them.
    I"ll have this checked on Gpe-ish kernel
    I am stumped!!!

I do not understand why this is not working. I got a 4.4.2 system dump to work with but yet still having the same issues. All permissions are set correctly for files and everything should be working but it is not. I have put so many hours into this when I am not even going to be running it since I am running CM. I should have wasted my time with the CM maintainer to get the games working.

I am going to try a few more things tomorrow and if it does not work then I will post up what I have and maybe someone else can take a shot at it.

I would not be surprised if it is something so minor causing the wifi, bt and sound not to work.