[APP] Lightwell Live Wallpaper

Search This thread

dedeep

Nov 1, 2009
Lightwell is a Live Wallpaper which displays
- Current Location address
- How long you stay there already (UNIQUE NEW FEATURE)
- Time and Date
- Battery Status
- Local weather information [BETA]
- Network status (WIFI, mobile) and traffic counter [BETA]

I am very glad to read feedback from you here. Especially regarding measuring the time how long you stay at your current location. Does it have some value to you?
To me sometimes it was useful, e.g. "how long am i working already"...

Free version in Android market

If you have problems downloading the APK, you can try this link. But please note: Android 2.1 required to support Live Wallpapers.
Download lightwell_free.apk

-didi

NEWS:

CHANGES

- Added custom wallpaper feauture to FREE version. Use any image of your gallery as your wallpaper behind the Lightwell data
- Fixed weather to use Yahoo data instead of unofficial Google "API"

- NEW font CabinSketch

FIXED Battery status. Now resetting history whenever AC power connected or disconnected.
NEW Headers can be turned off if user wants to see the values only.
FIXED Font is now also adjusted in horizontal direction. CONDENSED and BASIC mode looked ugly in previous versions if used in PORTRAIT mode.
NEW Feature Stay Awake. Wallpaper tries to keep display ON when charging phone. Can be useful if phone is used as clock during night.

V1.10
- NEW Screen styles CONDENSED and BASIC - better tablet support
- NEW Screen styles separately configurable for portrait and landscape orientation

V1.9
- FIXED Permission READ_PHONE_STATE required for Signal Strength on some phones
- FIXED Signal Strength is resetted correctly
- FIXED Bitmaps were loaded too often since last update

V1.8
- NEW Signal Strength for mobile network

V1.7
- NEW Style "basic" with new layout
- NEW Fonts (free: 2 fonts, paid: 10 fonts)
- Fixed location time "since 0" if no location provider is enabled

device9.jpg
device10.jpg

V1.6
[2011-06-13] New feature (BETA): Mobile traffic since last reboot
[2011-06-13] New Language Translation: Spanish

http://dedee.de/lightwell

device6.jpg

device4.jpg

emulator1.jpg

Attachments

• device6.jpg
    device6.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 787
  • device3.jpg
    device3.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 779
Last edited:

Jon

Jul 22, 2010
Connecticut
I like the concept. I installed the wallpaper and I will use it and see how the battery is affected if at all on my evo.

Would be nice of we could select any image as the wallpaper background. Could even go crazy with the customization by reordering things, different colors for each data set...weather option maybe.

Great work!! I look forward to seeing how this grows.

i can haz root

Jon

Jul 22, 2010
Connecticut
Seems to work okay....however it doesn't scale properly on my Dell Streak.

Only uses 3/4 of the screen vertically.
Width is fine.

Was actually just going to mention this too. Doesn't use up the whole screen on my evo, it actually seems to shrink sometimes and use even less vertical real estate

i can haz root

Last edited:

matze91

Jul 13, 2010
As I´ve written in the market!
Keep on and this could be the base for something great - why? Because no oine really needs it and that´s often a feature of success ;)

If you need help with localization for German you can contact me (just see my other thread).

Reactions: dedeep

wporta

Apr 4, 2011
Excellent!!..

Thanks for this.

Can you please attach the APK?.. (sometimes is better for me than going into the market)

dodge3003

Mar 6, 2011
Derbyshire
I like the concept. I installed the wallpaper and I will use it and see how the battery is affected if at all on my evo.

Would be nice of we could select any image as the wallpaper background. Could even go crazy with the customization by reordering things, different colors for each data set...weather option maybe.

Great work!! I look forward to seeing how this grows.

i can haz root

With the pro version you can use your own pictures!

tr6coug

Oct 21, 2010
Cool wall paper thanks:D. I would like to be able to select the size of the battery gauge and the clock. I don't think time at a location is very useful to me. Seconds on the clock would be a cool option too.

Xam335

May 3, 2008
Looks very good!

Have you run some tests of battery drain?

It would be great if we could customize the emphasis of each category. I guess a lot of people would prefer to have a bigger time and smaller battery level.

dedeep

Nov 1, 2009
Select your own wallpaper background image

Hello,

first i want to thank you for all your feedback. I am very happy about.

- Currently I have uploaded two different versions to the market. One free version and a 1 $ version which adds the feature of selecting an image of your own gallery.

- Regarding Dell Streak's display size I will do some research and try to fix soon.

- Battery usage: This was one of my primary goals when developing the wallpaper. Often this was the cause, I have removed a live wallpaper in the past and changed back to a standard image again. As you can see all the values are updated when you turn on the screen. When the display is turned off, the app will unregister from all broadcast receivers to sleep all the night without getting disturbed (wakeup) by any OS notification. Repaint calls were optimized. I cant ensure that it is perfect, but I spent some effort on this already. (My N1 with Cyanogen is providing me nice statistics about CPU/Battery usage)

Once again I am glad, if the app is being used and some people out there like it. :D

-didi

engineer14

Jul 2, 2009
extremely smart and unique idea. Good Job DEDEEP. still testing it out on my Tmo Vibrant with custom Roms

Jon

Jul 22, 2010
Connecticut
Hello,

first i want to thank you for all your feedback. I am very happy about.

- Currently I have uploaded two different versions to the market. One free version and a 1 $ version which adds the feature of selecting an image of your own gallery.

- Regarding Dell Streak's display size I will do some research and try to fix soon.

- Battery usage: This was one of my primary goals when developing the wallpaper. Often this was the cause, I have removed a live wallpaper in the past and changed back to a standard image again. As you can see all the values are updated when you turn on the screen. When the display is turned off, the app will unregister from all broadcast receivers to sleep all the night without getting disturbed (wakeup) by any OS notification. Repaint calls were optimized. I cant ensure that it is perfect, but I spent some effort on this already. (My N1 with Cyanogen is providing me nice statistics about CPU/Battery usage)

Once again I am glad, if the app is being used and some people out there like it. :D

-didi

I apologize I didn't even see the paid version in the market, so I didn't know of the custom image feature.

I must say, I didn't notice any significant battery usage while the screen was off, certainly no change when the screen is sleeping, so it looks like that is working just fine.

Keep up the good work.;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lightwell is a Live Wallpaper which displays
    - Current Location address
    - How long you stay there already (UNIQUE NEW FEATURE)
    - Time and Date
    - Battery Status
    - Local weather information [BETA]
    - Network status (WIFI, mobile) and traffic counter [BETA]

I am very glad to read feedback from you here. Especially regarding measuring the time how long you stay at your current location. Does it have some value to you?
    To me sometimes it was useful, e.g. "how long am i working already"...

Free version in Android market

If you have problems downloading the APK, you can try this link. But please note: Android 2.1 required to support Live Wallpapers.
    Download lightwell_free.apk

-didi

NEWS:

CHANGES

- Added custom wallpaper feauture to FREE version. Use any image of your gallery as your wallpaper behind the Lightwell data
    - Fixed weather to use Yahoo data instead of unofficial Google "API"

- NEW font CabinSketch

FIXED Battery status. Now resetting history whenever AC power connected or disconnected.
    NEW Headers can be turned off if user wants to see the values only.
    FIXED Font is now also adjusted in horizontal direction. CONDENSED and BASIC mode looked ugly in previous versions if used in PORTRAIT mode.
    NEW Feature Stay Awake. Wallpaper tries to keep display ON when charging phone. Can be useful if phone is used as clock during night.

V1.10
    - NEW Screen styles CONDENSED and BASIC - better tablet support
    - NEW Screen styles separately configurable for portrait and landscape orientation

V1.9
    - FIXED Permission READ_PHONE_STATE required for Signal Strength on some phones
    - FIXED Signal Strength is resetted correctly
    - FIXED Bitmaps were loaded too often since last update

V1.8
    - NEW Signal Strength for mobile network

V1.7
    - NEW Style "basic" with new layout
    - NEW Fonts (free: 2 fonts, paid: 10 fonts)
    - Fixed location time "since 0" if no location provider is enabled

device9.jpg
    device10.jpg

V1.6
    [2011-06-13] New feature (BETA): Mobile traffic since last reboot
    [2011-06-13] New Language Translation: Spanish

http://dedee.de/lightwell

device6.jpg

device4.jpg

emulator1.jpg
    As I´ve written in the market!
    Keep on and this could be the base for something great - why? Because no oine really needs it and that´s often a feature of success ;)

If you need help with localization for German you can contact me (just see my other thread).
    Stay Awake Feature

Nice idea :) Please have a look at my 1.11 (pre-)release. You need to download the APK from project site (see link below) and install. Checkout the new setting "Stay Awake". I will need to test this version for some time...

http://dedee.de/lightwell/project

cu,
    -didi