malikalhaji

Jan 26, 2012
Re: [KERNEL][GPL] franco.Kernel - r7

Does this kernel support OTG?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Alleycat68

Jan 21, 2009
Murfreesboro, TN
CPU locked at 800mhz while on charger according to CPU spy.

Goes into deep sleep when disconnected from charger.

Using interactive governor on CM10.1 nightly (r7 kernel)

rpjwalter

Dec 20, 2010
Rockland, ME
www.limerockinn.com
I am on the paranoid android ROM with the Franco kernel. I can't seem to play purchased movies from the play store. I keep getting an error that it can fetch the license. When I restore the stock kernel that came with the ROM there is no problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

jjdevega

Jan 3, 2011
Bothell, Washington

Hulu plus is does not work either with this kernel either. Stock kernel works fine.

jefflikesbagels

Oct 19, 2010

Installed franco kernel r7, and all of my wifi disconnects seem to have disappeared so far!

Thanks!

Edit: Damn, just got a disconnect... it's not happening as often now though.

Last edited:

EniGmA1987

Sep 21, 2010
Ya but half the "butter" stuff is simply the touchboost to Interactive. Giving that to OnDemand is the biggest thing right there

epunk

Oct 24, 2010
Barcelona
Random BSOD

Hi Franco,

I've been running R7 for a few days (since it came out) and have got several random BSOD while the tablet was in idle (sometimes with wifi on, sometimes in airplane mode).

Running factory JB 4.2.2 with SuperSU 1.09 and as of today, SuperSu 1.10 with TWRP 2.4.1.0 recovery.

BSODs happened with both versions of SuperSU as well.

Franco settings are: ondemand governor, min CPU frequency: 200, max 17000, IO Scheduler: deadline, westwood TCP congestion avoidance

attached is my kmsg

Cheers and keep up the great work!

Attachments

• last_kmsg.txt
    119.9 KB · Views: 16

gzub

Apr 10, 2006
Franklin, MA
I'm sure Franco will correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the belief that any watchdog resets:
"Last reset was system watchdog timer reset (RST_STAT=0x100000)"
were not from the kernel and were instead due to a deadlock in the rest of Android... I think when a reset is triggered by watchdog you can find the information in /data/anr/traces.txt and from that you might be able to determine what caused the core Android Framework to stop responding.

Geoff

Hi Franco,

I've been running R7 for a few days (since it came out) and have got several random BSOD while the tablet was in idle (sometimes with wifi on, sometimes in airplane mode).

Running factory JB 4.2.2 with SuperSU 1.09 and as of today, SuperSu 1.10 with TWRP 2.4.1.0 recovery.

BSODs happened with both versions of SuperSU as well.

Franco settings are: ondemand governor, min CPU frequency: 200, max 17000, IO Scheduler: deadline, westwood TCP congestion avoidance

attached is my kmsg

Cheers and keep up the great work!

epunk

Oct 24, 2010
Barcelona
I'm sure Franco will correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the belief that any watchdog resets:

were not from the kernel and were instead due to a deadlock in the rest of Android... I think when a reset is triggered by watchdog you can find the information in /data/anr/traces.txt and from that you might be able to determine what caused the core Android Framework to stop responding.

Geoff

Thanks for the info, although I havent understood much of it :s

I had a look at /data/anr/traces.txt.bugreport, cant understand a thing either.. oddly enough, the only dates showing up in there are from February 15th... but I had the problem happening every couple days since as well too.

Ironically, my mobile that is running CM nightlies is more stable than my tablet running factory ROM :D

epunk

Oct 24, 2010
Barcelona
Following up on my SoDs, I've restored the backup of the factory kernel a couple days ago and havent had any problems since...

So something in FK R7 was definitely causing me problems.:eek:

Reactions: ChosSimbaOne

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all. I hate bloated OP's so this is a simple one. I don't post changelogs in here, only when I released new versions so you'll have to search for it.

Just for general awareness this is compatible with CyanogenMod based roms.

Download:
    http://192.241.177.15/Nexus10/4.4/

How to flash:
    fastboot flash boot image_name
    or
    flash the zip in your custom recovery

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/manta/tree/nightlies-4.4

Kernel changelog:
    http://192.241.177.15/Nexus10/4.4/appfiles/changelog.xml

franco.Kernel updater Free apk: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1867127

F.A.Q.
    1. My tablet exploded, halp!
    A: I don't answer to problems without a log. The log file is in /proc/last_kmsg. Retrieve it from your device and attach it to your post.
    2. This kernel works on Y or X rom?
    A: This is one of the worse questions you can ask on my threads. This is a Nexus, it works on every rom you can possibly imagine.
    3. OMG BETTARY SUCKZ, IT DEAD IN 45 MINUTAS, HALP!
    A: As you can imagine I don't build kernels to decrease battery life. All the battery life problems come from your apps, either Facebook, or Maps, or some Location Service being enabled etc etc. Check your damn wakelocks and fix them, the kernel is not responsible for them.
    4. How do I flash this?
    A: Reading the OP, theres a reason why I added instructions on it.
    Hey guys. I've been doing a lot of idle tests because I've tweaked the power states latency on this device and I've got great results, so here is r8. Contains that lower latency which means it will enter and leave the C power states much faster which will probably achieve a good battery boost. Also contains a few tweaks to the memory bus frequencies adding a little bit of throughput when needed and some patches from upstream. I still haven't got time to look into to some Color Control on this display, I'll try to look at it further during the weekend, work has been hectic.
    4.2.2 kernel source are out, later when Im off work I'll release a kernel compatible and a few other changes I have in mind - I was waiting for 4.2.2 ro update this kernel.
    r13
    * Compatible with 4.3
    * Compatible with CyanogenMod and its derivates
    * Added ROW I/O and made default
    * Lots of I/O patches from upstream
    * Updated interactive governor to its last version from Android's gerrit
    * Updated CPUidle subsystem so that the device spends more time at the deepest states for better power consumption
    * Merged patches from Colin Cross to decrease power consumption
    * Updated the Wi-Fi driver to its latest version from Android's gerrit
    * Merged USB Audio changes from CyanogenMod to enable the usage of USB DAC's plugged to this device
    * Partitions properly mounted for increased I/O performance
    * Removed lots of debug from the Kernel
    * Disabled memory throttling if the device hits thermal throttling point
    I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, lots of food, kisses, hugs, and quality time.

Thanks for sticking with FK even though this is not one of my priorities Kernel wise, although I promise to be more active like I did with the latest two releases. Very happy with r15 - but more improvements are coming.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app