Poor Youtube video quality?

Search This thread

sgstouch

Apr 5, 2012
Hello, I have a note 2 n7100. I used to have 4.1.2. Flashed 4.3. Everything went well. One thing that's bothering me is the youtube app video quality is low even when I choose HQ. It gets better but it's pixilated. On 4.1.2 it was basically hd. Has anyone else experience the same problem? I can't figure out what it is. The rom?. Or a setting somewhere? Could a custom kernel effect it somehow? Any tips or advice appreciated.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mohammed779

Dec 28, 2012
Are you on 3G? Because usually the app switches to HQ rather than HD only on 3G.

Also there is an app called Viral .. It let's you choose whatever quality you want, its kinda good, you may want to try it

sgstouch

Apr 5, 2012
Thanks, i guess i had a modded youtube app before where it would automatically play hd in 3g. Noe it only has hd option on wifi only. The only solution i foind is the OG youtube downloader. Where you can choose what quality you want when on 3g. But it doesnt have an auto option to go to highest quality when on 3g. Ill check out that viral app. Thanks.

Mehul mehta

Jan 22, 2013
New Delhi
Thanks, i guess i had a modded youtube app before where it would automatically play hd in 3g. Noe it only has hd option on wifi only. The only solution i foind is the OG youtube downloader. Where you can choose what quality you want when on 3g. But it doesnt have an auto option to go to highest quality when on 3g. Ill check out that viral app. Thanks.

Actually most of the roms have youtube apk as system app and those apks are a little modified for better performance!
If u have system youtube apk then you can remove it by using root uninstaller from play store(needs root).
And reinstall youtube from play store!

sgstouch

Apr 5, 2012
Actually most of the roms have youtube apk as system app and those apks are a little modified for better performance!
If u have system youtube apk then you can remove it by using root uninstaller from play store(needs root).
And reinstall youtube from play store!

Yes i removed it and installed og youtube apk from xda.just wish i didnt have to choose quality eachtime i play a new video.