From Samsung phones, Question about HTC M8 models

Search This thread
Hi guys,
I am been for while on Samsung phones and bought M8 yesterday. Samsung had phones like S4 with different Hardware and Model numbers based on Carrier and Region. The ROMs are different to flash.

Is that the same case for M8? I bought M8 from Australia (Unlocked) and thinking to flash GPE. Will that be problem?

Thanks in advance

Black Antitoon

May 3, 2008
Zurich (Switzerland)
As far as I know, yes, but the differences tend to be minor. I can already tell from your signature here that we have a different phone. :p I also believe that there is much less variety in the hardware than what the model number would suggest (i.e. phones with different model numbers may be identical).

AFAIK, the M8s sold in Asia should be clocked at 2.5 GHz instead of 2.3, although this shouldn't make any noticeable difference.

Reactions: venki5star

Black Antitoon

May 3, 2008
Zurich (Switzerland)
Thank you for the reply.

Can I install GPE on device? As far I know it 2.5gHz clocked.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using XDA Free mobile app
I believe you can, as I can't recall hearing any major limitations about the GPE conversion. I am not sure anyway, I have no experience with the GPE. This is likely to be explained on the GPE conversion thread, just look for it. Good luck. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As far as I know, yes, but the differences tend to be minor. I can already tell from your signature here that we have a different phone. :p I also believe that there is much less variety in the hardware than what the model number would suggest (i.e. phones with different model numbers may be identical).

AFAIK, the M8s sold in Asia should be clocked at 2.5 GHz instead of 2.3, although this shouldn't make any noticeable difference.