[Q] Why can't I recompile modified apk?

Search This thread
I am trying to add 1% battery mod to my ROM. I decompiled my SystemUI.apk perfectly with the latest version of apktool. I modified the files I needed then I went to recompile using
Code:
apktool b -f -d SystemUI.apk SystemUI-new.apk
Here's (poor) screenshots of my errors:
y4u3u8yt.jpg

ytepypu3.jpg

yny5umem.jpg

I tried manually installing apktool in /usr/local/bin and I also tried Apk-Multi-Tool version 2.0. I'm running the latest version of Mint (17 I believe) and everything is up to date, including Java JRE. I cannot find any related help on Google so any help that u can give is greatly appreciated. Thx :)

siMp0lMaN

Feb 10, 2013
Baguio City
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I am trying to add 1% battery mod to my ROM. I decompiled my SystemUI.apk perfectly with the latest version of apktool. I modified the files I needed then I went to recompile using
Code:
y4u3u8yt.jpg

ytepypu3.jpg

yny5umem.jpg

I tried manually installing apktool in /usr/local/bin and I also tried Apk-Multi-Tool version 2.0. I'm running the latest version of Mint (17 I believe) and everything is up to date, including Java JRE. I cannot find any related help on Google so any help that u can give is greatly appreciated. Thx :)

your error says your lacking of resourses., you need to install also your framework_res.apk, then try to decompile/recompile., :)

edit: you can use this awesome tool to decimpile/compile apk or even deodexing., :) Tickle My Android (TMA) by @Ticklefish here: :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1633333

Last edited:
Reactions: Ticklefish

masanamuthu

Apr 15, 2014
pollachi
Use apkmultitool for a better experience. In this u dnt gve any command lines. There is a numbers for decompile & recompile . Hit >>>>>>> THANKS

Sent from my GT-S6102 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Nick_73

Ticklefish

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 27, 2011
Hampshire, UK
your error says your lacking of resourses., you need to install also your framework_res.apk, then try to decompile/recompile., :)

edit: you can use this awesome tool to decimpile/compile apk or even deodexing., :) Tickle My Android (TMA) by @Ticklefish here: :)

Say my name and I appear... ;)

It's hard to know quite what the problem is here as the screenshots are missing most of the error message. Including the first error, which is often the key to solving the problem.

By the looks of things though, I would say that you haven't added your png files. These error messages are all saying that you have a reference to image files in your xml..but no actual image files.

(Oh, and TMA isn't available on Linux...yet. But if the OP has access to a Windows PC, I can definitely suggest it!)

It's hard to know quite what the problem is here as the screenshots are missing most of the error message. Including the first error, which is often the key to solving the problem.

By the looks of things though, I would say that you haven't added your png files. These error messages are all saying that you have a reference to image files in your xml..but no actual image files.

(Oh, and TMA isn't available on Linux...yet. But if the OP has access to a Windows PC, I can definitely suggest it!)
Ha thx so much I think that's it :) I forgot to put my pngs on the system ui.

Ticklefish

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 27, 2011
Hampshire, UK
Fixed one issue, now I got these:

I didn't even modify the public.xml file...

You should never modify the public.xml file...

I'll be honest, it's really hard to tell what's going just from screenshots of part of the error. Can you provide the entire error message please? And it would help if you're able to provide the screen output from when you decompiled as well.

What type of phone/rom are you using?

You should never modify the public.xml file...

I'll be honest, it's really hard to tell what's going just from screenshots of part of the error. Can you provide the entire error message please? And it would help if you're able to provide the screen output from when you decompiled as well.

What type of phone/rom are you using?
I didn't mod it...

When I get back on my computer I'll copy the whole thing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    y4u3u8yt.jpg

ytepypu3.jpg

yny5umem.jpg

Use apkmultitool for a better experience. In this u dnt gve any command lines. There is a numbers for decompile & recompile . Hit >>>>>>> THANKS

Sent from my GT-S6102 using XDA Free mobile app