Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500 flash to Straight Talk

Search This thread

Laserman00769

Oct 14, 2011
nope same problems.... got my samsung still doing the samn things... got texting in and out and i can get calls but not make them..... grrrrrrrr

Laserman00769

Oct 14, 2011
yes & yes, but when I go *#06# the old MEID comes up? I have a verizon sch-i500...

this is what i did... i used superoneclick & rooted.. reset..modem mode& usb debugging... DFS tools & changed my MEID to that of my straight talk ... reset.....factory restore .....bypass verizon activation... activated with straight talk *22890 reset.. the *22891 reset....then verizon activation..... I know that my PRL is wrong by one number....it doesnt match my straight talk .....?

Last edited:

903tex

Mar 22, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Moto G Stylus 5G
see i was just going to flash the straight talk phone meid to the fascinate (Before activaton) then just activate my straight talk account online. But i guess your having problems with that as well??? Man i don't know what to say do. Its something small people are missing? Wish OP or somebody that had it successfully working chime in on this!

yes & yes, but when I go *#06# the old MEID comes up? I have a verizon sch-i500...

this is what i did... i used superoneclick & rooted.. reset..modem mode& usb debugging... DFS tools & changed my MEID to that of my straight talk ... reset.....factory restore .....bypass verizon activation... activated with straight talk *22890 reset.. the *22891 reset....then verizon activation..... I know that my PRL is wrong by one number....it doesnt match my straight talk .....?

I did mine from stock. I don't see why it wouldn't work your way, but maybe the other stuff somehow is messing with it. Also, you shouldn't have anything to do with the Verizon activation, and you should only need one number (*22890, I believe) to activate. After that, it should be good. Dunno why it's trying to do VZW's activation if you're bypassing it.

see i was just going to flash the straight talk phone meid to the fascinate (Before activaton) then just activate my straight talk account online. But i guess your having problems with that as well??? Man i don't know what to say do. Its something small people are missing? Wish OP or somebody that had it successfully working chime in on this!

That's what you need to do. First time, I tried it with an ST MEID that was already activated, and it wouldn't work. You may wanna just wait til the others here get theirs straightened out though, so you know what NOT to do.

Laserman00769

Oct 14, 2011
well i bypassed it by vol up1 vol down2 vol up3 vol down 4 & bypassed, then i used *22890 & *22891 roaming.. i still only get full texting and incoming calls..

i used verizons activation thinking i needed to .... but with it or without useing verizons activation it still does the same thing......

do u think it was because I used SuperOneClick & rooted?:confused:

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

I did mine from stock

do u mean stock verizon ? I thought mine would be stock with doing a factory restore and formatting my phone would do this.....

ive done this now 4 times with different steps and still get the same results....

Last edited:

903tex

Mar 22, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Moto G Stylus 5G
Ok for those having problems try this and see if this works:

1. get a another straight talk phone for cheap! (CDMA)

2.Switch the new straight talk phone to your account(may have to call them idk yet)

3. Do a Factory reset on the fascinate! (if you already flashed good esn to fascinate then skip # 4)

4. Flash the esn from the lg 220(or whatever cdma phone your flashing) to the Fascinate"

5. Bypass activations screen, tap each corner of the screen, starting from the top left corner and go clockwise.

6. Then wait about five minutes, call straight talk, and switch your esn back to the "Straight Talk Fascinate"

5. And then do a *22891 Updated your prl

6. then do a *22890 to program your phone

Eveything should work and let me know if this fixed your problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: vq35ftw

numat

Oct 26, 2011
flash samsung facinate to straight talk

well i did get the facinate flashed,phone operates great. now i am having a problem i keep recieving text message from 31778 and 55330. it is just a series of numbers. can anyone help me with this problem? thanks

903tex

Mar 22, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Moto G Stylus 5G
well i did get the facinate flashed,phone operates great. now i am having a problem i keep recieving text message from 31778 and 55330. it is just a series of numbers. can anyone help me with this problem? thanks

Dont mind me asking. What did you do exactly to get it to work??? The OP guide, or what i posted on page 3?

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

now i am having a problem i keep recieving text message from 31778 and 55330.

You can get a app on the market and blacklist those number to keep them from text messaging you.
Also how are your 3g speeds?

Laserman00769

Oct 14, 2011
I too am getting weried texts from 31778 and 55330...... idk why..... i just got a new straight talk phone on my account, and Im about to switch back to that of my samsung flashed straight talk..... I hope this works...:D

Laserman00769

Oct 14, 2011
ok well im still where I was lastnight..... full texting with no pics or videos.. & incoming calls only.... no web... grrrrrrrrr

:mad:

I still get verizons where sorry we are currently unable to authentic your phone at this time.... grrrrrrr :(

Laserman00769

Oct 14, 2011
it works!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

just follow 903tex's guide.. sometimes it could take up to 48 hours......

i just dont think it wotks when u port a old number to straight talk..... i now have a new cell number....

Last edited:

rizaydog

Oct 28, 2011
Will this work with other android cdma phones? I am thinking of getting a htc incredable or motorola droid x.

djcowboyjosh

Nov 10, 2011
Hey guys I am new to all of this. I have a samsung fascinate sch-i500 that a friend gave me, and I need to unlock it from us cellular. Process for cdma unlock, and where do I find an unlock code. I am feeling pretty special right now. lol+

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. First buy a Straight Talk for walley world .com get the LG220.
    (Its $45 with one month unlimited everything with free shipping.)

2.Then activate it .

3.Download the drivers for the Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500 making sure you get 32 bit or 64 bit which ever machine have it installed.

4.Download DFS you have to ativate the software though their site after you install it.

5.You will need to put the http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1209992

6.Then dial **87284 put both options in modem mode

7.When plug the phone in it should tell you its found new hardware and ask for drivers

8.Then run DFS

9.Go manager in DFS your Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500 should show up select it
    (sometimes you need to put the phone in dial mode dial **33284 then enter 000000 in the block for SPC)I think.

10.Then you will need the password to unlock the SCH-I500 its a 16 digit number you can find it online

11.Enter it in the PWD block at the top of DFS program it will tell you its unlocked.

12.Then read the phone write the ESN down just in case want put back.

13.Then enter the 20 digit number that on your straight talk green card enter it in the MIED block

14.Hit write it will do it real quick

15.Then hit reset from the reset from DFS

16.OK to active it might try to dial Verizon if activate and the Emergency buttons are at the bottom hit the Emergency *#83786633 then dial *22890 it will program

17.OK then dial *22891 to update roaming

18.Set up a gmail account then market and the internet will work.

Good luck
    Modman72
    Updated Guide with some clarification of steps.

Gentlemen,

I went through the process tonight and everything worked great but I found some confusing parts in the process for a dummy like me so I added some clarification to the process to be a bit more literal for the slower folks in the crowd out there, like myself. Hope it helps.

*** UPDATED GUIDE - 12/21/12 ***

1. First buy a Straight Talk from Walmart.com or straightalk.com. Get the LG220C (Refurbished if needed, it will be a clean phone and works all the same). (Its $45 with one month unlimited everything with free shipping.)

2. ** DO NOT ACTIVATE IT. DON'T EVEN TURN IT ON. THAT'S WHERE THINGS GET MESSED UP OVER THE NETWORK. IF YOU HAVE ACTIVATED IT ALREADY THEN YOU MIGHT HAVE TO GET ANOTHER ONE. THIS IS ONE OF THE ONLY THINGS I DID DIFFERENT AND NOW EVERYTHING WORKS ON MY FASCINATE. **

3.Download the drivers for the Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500 making sure you get 32 bit or 64 bit which ever machine have it installed.

4.Download DFS (as of this posting 4.0.2.0 is the most current). YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY THEIR PRODUCT, EVEN THOUGH IT SEEMS LIKE YOU DO. Just make an account (using the software) and login.

5.*** THE PHONE MUST BE STOCK VERIZON !!!! *** NO, CUSTOM IMAGES!!! I used EH03 Stock Build. You need to put the phone in Debugging Mode & Allow Unknown Sources.

6. Dial **87284 put both options (UART & USB) in modem mode.

6a. Then dial **33284 and enter 000000 in the block for SPC. SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM AND FIND "Dial-UP Networking". Select ON. Backup one screen and select "Port Map" Set it to hkf & diag. It was already enabled on my phone.

7.Then plug the phone in to your PC. It should tell you its found new hardware and ask for drivers

8. Run DFS. MAKE SURE THE RIGHT PORT IS SELECTED FOR YOUR DEVICE. CLICK ON THE TOP LEFT BUTTON CALLED "Ports". DOUBLE CLICK YOUR DEVICE. It will be the one that says "Samsung Diagnostic Modem"... or something equivalent. Diagnostic being the key word. You know you are connected to the phone properly when all the information on the main screen fills in with YELLOW text and tells you everything you may (or may not) have wanted to know about the phone.

9. Go back to the Main DFS Screen.

10. You will need the password to unlock the SCH-I500: 2010031619780721.

11.IN THE SPC THE NUMBERS, it should already have 000000 IN IT. CLICK ON THE RUN BUTTON to the Left of the SPC number. In the "Logging Window" that floats to the side, IT SHOULD SAY "Device Unlocked". THEN enter the 16 digit code in the PWD block at the top of DFS program. Click run to the left of the PWD Numbers and it should say "Device Unlocked" again.

12. IN THE VERSION I'M USING, YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON THE PROGRAMMING TAB TO BRING UP THE MEID OPTIONS. ITS IN THE CENTER COLUMN HALF WAY DOWN. Click the "read" button next to the ESN information. Write it down just in case want put back.

13.Then enter the 20 digit MEID number that's on your straight talk green card (and also on your phone) in the MEID DEC box, (NOT the HEX).

14.Hit "Write". It will do it real quick.

15.Then hit reset on the DFS main screen. [TOP RIGHT CORNER]

16. At this point, the phone will come back & be basically brand-new. You have to select your language and then you will only have the "Emergency" & "Activate" buttons. You DO NOT want to ACTIVATE. It will attempt to call Verizon and not do you any good. Instead, PUT THE PHONE DOWN and go to the Straight Talk Website. "Activate" the new MEID that you just programmed into the Fascinate and that was provided to you on the phone and GREEN card. The Straight Talk website will also ask you for the "Service PIN", this is the $45 for Phone / Data you paid for. *** SPECIAL NOTE: You have the option of "porting" a phone number over from another Carrier as you are activating the LG220 MEID. i.e. Verizon. You HAVE to know your full account number, password, last 4 digits of SSN, and billing address of your VERIZON account. IF you choose to port your number over, it says it can take 2 business days; mine took 15 minutes, your results may vary. Once that is all done, the Straight Talk MEID is activated and your newly programmed Fascinate will be ready to come to life (soon). Straight Talk will show the phone as the LG220 you bought, but you took that MEID from the LG220 and put it into the brains of your Fascinate (that's what DFS does).

16a. Pick your phone back up and at the screen with the 2 buttons for "Emergency" and "Activate", press Emergency and Dial *#83786633. A message will pop up that says "Soft Keys enabled". This will allow you to hit the HOME button and get to the normal desktop and give you access to the Phone Dialer. Thereby, avoiding the "Verizon" Activate button that you would've otherwise been forced to use. Use the Phone Dialer to dial *22890, this is Straight Talks number to Program the phone. **NOTE ** If you ported another number over from your old Carrier (i.e. Verizon), This number "may" not answer right away or not work. I "think" the porting has to be complete before it can program you. If you did not Port your number over, then you should be good to go right away.

17. Once that gets done, use the phone dialer again and dial *22891 to update roaming. Once that Completes, make a test call.

18. Once again, DIAL **33284, and UN-SELECT DIAL UP MODE FROM THE BOTTOM. THAT WILL ENABLE DATA.

19. Everything should be live: Phone, Data, Texting. You should have 3g, not 1x or anything like that.

20. At this point, you should be able to put any Custom ROM back on the phone that you want. Welcome to Straight Talk.
    Alright!! Those having problems not being able to get calling, texting, or data(or some combination of the three) Here is what I did. It's almost the exact same as post #1 with some tweaks, indicated by brackets and capitol letters in the brackets.ei [MY INSERTIONS]

1. First buy a Straight Talk from Walmart.com or straightalk.com. Get the LG220C.
    (Its $45 with one month unlimited everything with free shipping.)

2.[DO NOT ACTIVATE IT. DON'T EVEN TURN IT ON. THAT'S WHERE THINGS GET MESSED UP OVER THE NETWORK. IF YOU HAVE ACTIVATED IT ALREADY THEN YOU MIGHT HAVE TO GET ANOTHER ONE. THIS IS ONE OF THE ONLY THINGS I DID DIFFERENT AND NOW EVERYTHING WORKS ON MY FASCINATE]

4.Download DFS [I HAPPEN TO BE USING VER. 3.3.0.7] you have to activate the software though their site after you install it.[YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY THEIR PRODUCT, EVEN THOUGH IT SEEMS LIKE YOU DO. JUST ACTIVATE IT]

5.You will need to put the [FASCINATE IN USB DEBUGGING MODE AND ALLOW UNKNOWN SOURCES]

6.Then dial **87284 put both options in modem mode[sometimes you need to put the phone in dial mode. dial **33284 then enter 000000 in the block for SPC. SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM AND IT'S THE BOTTOM OPTION. SELECT IT ON]

7.Then plug the phone in it should tell you its found new hardware and ask for drivers

8.Then run DFS[MAKE SURE THE RIGHT PORT IS SELECTED FOR YOUR DEVICE. CLICK ON THE TOP LEFT BUTTON CALLED "Ports". DOUBLE CLICK YOUR DEVICE]

9. Go back to the main screen

10.Then you will need the password to unlock the SCH-I500 [HERE'S THE NUMBER: 2010031619780721. NOT SURE WHY HE DIDN'T PUT IT ON HERE]

11.IN THE SPC THE NUMBERS SHOULD ALREADY HAVE 000000 IN IT. CLICK ON THE RUN BUTTON. AT THE BOTTOM OF DFS IT SHOULD SAY "Unlocked". THEN enter the 16 digit code in the PWD block at the top of DFS program. Click run and it will say unlocked again.

12.[IN THE VERSION I'M USING YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON THE PROGRAMMING TAB TO BRING UP THE MEID OPTIONS. ITS IN THE CENTER COLUMN HALF WAY DOWN] Then "read" the phone's ESN. Write it down just in case want put back.

13.Then enter the 20 digit number that's on your straight talk green card [IT'S ALSO ON THE BACK OF THE PHONE UNDE THE BATTERY], enter it in the MEID block under the DEC, (NOT the HEX).

14.Hit "Write". It will do it real quick

15.Then hit reset from the reset from DFS. [TOP RIGHT CORNER]

16.OK to active it might try to dial Verizon if activate and the Emergency buttons are at the bottom hit the Emergency *#83786633 then dial *22890 it will program

17.OK then dial *22891 to update roaming[MAKE A TEST CALL]

18.[DIAL **33284 AGAIN. UN-SELECT DIAL UP MODE FROM THE BOTTOM. THAT WILL ENABLE DATA]

(Hopefully my modifications make it work for those that are having problems. It worked for me.
    When mine was doing that, it was cuz it wasn't reaching the Verizon activation servers because I did it about 1230 am Central time, and their servers go down for maintenance then. Try it in the middle of the day. Also, are you using an MEID from a deactivated phone? It can't be activated until AFTER you write it to the Fascinate. And also, you need an Unlimited Plan, or it won't work right.

Sent from my Straight Talk Fascinate using xda premium
    This is very interesting I cannot for the life of me how to get to dfs program I contact that guy but he is not willing to provide a and I am not sure how I can get it. I got.the new demo but thats it.any help is much appreciated.thx!

Why would you pay someone for it?... Just register here (I can't post direct links since I don't have 10 posts, but add the www infront of it..)

cdmatool.com/register.aspx and download here cdmatool.com/Download.aspx then just login with whatever account you registered.. I think it'll say demo mode, but it won't expire and you will have access to everything you need