[MOD] bLED button LED notification for Galaxy Note

Search This thread

watch_mania

Aug 27, 2011
Update 14/12/2011

Watch it in action here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OojU0REhrL0.

Update 13/12/2011

bLED kernel module updated to 0.2. Should fix the random crash occuring. Not sure how many of you guys checked the dmesg and found out plenty of stack traces on 0.1 :p

Grab your copy bled-0.2-lkm-update.zip and flash with Clockworkmod. Leave the bled-0.1.apk installed as is, no update is available for that yet :)

Original post

bLED touchkey button notification for GALAXY Note, version 0.1-EA

The wait is over.

Introducing bLED, my version of blinking notification through touchkey button LEDs. It's still on its early access version 0.1, and there are still some known inconveniences or bugs. Please refer to the known problems section for more info.

After applying the patch and installing the apk, your GALAXY Note will blink any notification found on the status bar, including missed calls and (TouchWiz) SMS :cool:

This MOD has been tested on KKA kernel, but it should support all stock kernels (seems like none of custom kernels are supported). But if anything happens, you can restore with the nandroid backup of (just) your system image.

ok, unfortunatly this Mod works with none of newer FM- and Abyss-Kernels....so we have to wait for the devs implementing stock touchkey drivers.

For all ROCKET ROM Users: of course you can switch to any CF-Root Kernel and this Mod will work - but you'll lose important init.d-tweaks if you do so, cause none of chainfires kernels support init.d-scripting

I could be wrong, it could possibly be another issue rather than stock touchkey driver.

I entered the stock touchkey drivers but bled still does not work.
At this point I do not think it's a driver issue.

And then FM 1.4 does not have the modified drivers

Prerequisites
- You'll need a clockworkmod-enabled GALAXY Note. Some advanced users can also load the kernel module by him/herselves.

Installation
0) Do nandroid backups!
Will not held responsible for bricking your phone if you don't backup first :mad:

1) Install the MOD
1.a) Download the update.zip (updated to bled-0.2-lkm-update.zip) and copy over to your SD card
1.b) Reboot in CWM to flash the update.zip. Go to "install zip from sdcard", "choose zip from sdcard", navigate and select the bled-0.2-lkm-update.zip.
1.c) Power off the phone, and start it again (obviously)

2) Install the bLED accessibility service
2.a) Go to "Settings", "Applications". Tick on "Unknown Sources" option.
2.b) Download bled-0.1.apk and install it on your phone. Don't look for it afterwards on your drawer menu as it does not contain real Activity-based application.
2.c) Go to "Settings", "Accessibility". Tick "Accessibility" and "bLED". Just ignore the warning when ticking "bLED", as I'm not interested on your personal details :D

Lock your phone. Have missed calls, SMSes, Whatsapp messages, GMail, whatever. They're all going to be blinked by bLED :cool:

Known issue
- Duration of blinking is currently limited to 15 minutes :rolleyes:
- There will be several seconds of delay before it will blink sms and missed calls. It happens due to the currenlty implemented notification logic. More of a workaround instead of elegant solution. Hope will have better logic for next releases on handling them.
- There are still some mutex locking bugs on KKA kernel. Very ironic, there seems to be some struggle to support PMIC on the currently best SoC in the world, by looking at the kernel codes.

Enjoy :D

Attachments

• bled-0.1-lkm-update.zip
    155.4 KB · Views: 2,722
  • bled-0.1.apk
    19.6 KB · Views: 13,071
  • bled-0.2-lkm-update.zip
    155.8 KB · Views: 19,119
Last edited:

watch_mania

Aug 27, 2011
no, works...

Did you discover any negative side effects on e.g. battery life?

Well I just got the kernel module working by last night and the accessibility service earlier today. Not enough time to tell yet :)

Will try blinking it tonight and see how much battery it would drain :p

But you can always disable the bLED accessibility service when you don't need it :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

erichbitch

Sep 16, 2010
Germany (NRW)
THANK YOU MAN !
This was such an anoying point that made me not love my Note !
Please keep developing, you are doing great work for all Note Users !

I hope MIUI and Cyanogen will make a Note-Port soon and integrate your LED Notification MOD

Last edited:

PATLEN

Nov 18, 2008
reset

After installing everything looked ok in 5 minutes there was reset the phone :-(.
But otherwise good

watch_mania

Aug 27, 2011
After installing everything looked ok in 5 minutes there was reset the phone :-(.
But otherwise good

Which kernel and version are you using? Yes there circumstances where the mutex crashes the system. It happened once on my KKA, but never afterwards. I think I have to consider some other ways for doing semaphores for bLED :(

watch_mania

Aug 27, 2011
Hi sorry I should of said I'm already on the abyss 2.0

Ok the Abyss kernel had BLN mod patched on the melfas touchkey driver. You needs kernels with stock melfas touchkey driver, left intact. Seems that BLN is not functional yet on the Abyss kernel anyway? Maybe you can ask him to revert to original melfas touchkey driver from Samsung :)

Reactions: Chris X.

eybee1970

Jan 22, 2010
ok, unfortunatly this Mod works with none of newer FM- and Abyss-Kernels....so we have to wait for the devs implementing stock touchkey drivers.

For all ROCKET ROM Users: of course you can switch to any CF-Root Kernel and this Mod will work - but you'll lose important init.d-tweaks if you do so, cause none of chainfires kernels support init.d-scripting

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 14/12/2011

Watch it in action here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OojU0REhrL0.

Update 13/12/2011

bLED kernel module updated to 0.2. Should fix the random crash occuring. Not sure how many of you guys checked the dmesg and found out plenty of stack traces on 0.1 :p

Grab your copy bled-0.2-lkm-update.zip and flash with Clockworkmod. Leave the bled-0.1.apk installed as is, no update is available for that yet :)

Original post

bLED touchkey button notification for GALAXY Note, version 0.1-EA

The wait is over.

Introducing bLED, my version of blinking notification through touchkey button LEDs. It's still on its early access version 0.1, and there are still some known inconveniences or bugs. Please refer to the known problems section for more info.

After applying the patch and installing the apk, your GALAXY Note will blink any notification found on the status bar, including missed calls and (TouchWiz) SMS :cool:

This MOD has been tested on KKA kernel, but it should support all stock kernels (seems like none of custom kernels are supported). But if anything happens, you can restore with the nandroid backup of (just) your system image.

I could be wrong, it could possibly be another issue rather than stock touchkey driver.

I entered the stock touchkey drivers but bled still does not work.
    At this point I do not think it's a driver issue.

And then FM 1.4 does not have the modified drivers

Prerequisites
    - You'll need a clockworkmod-enabled GALAXY Note. Some advanced users can also load the kernel module by him/herselves.

Installation
    0) Do nandroid backups!
    Will not held responsible for bricking your phone if you don't backup first :mad:

1) Install the MOD
    1.a) Download the update.zip (updated to bled-0.2-lkm-update.zip) and copy over to your SD card
    1.b) Reboot in CWM to flash the update.zip. Go to "install zip from sdcard", "choose zip from sdcard", navigate and select the bled-0.2-lkm-update.zip.
    1.c) Power off the phone, and start it again (obviously)

2) Install the bLED accessibility service
    2.a) Go to "Settings", "Applications". Tick on "Unknown Sources" option.
    2.b) Download bled-0.1.apk and install it on your phone. Don't look for it afterwards on your drawer menu as it does not contain real Activity-based application.
    2.c) Go to "Settings", "Accessibility". Tick "Accessibility" and "bLED". Just ignore the warning when ticking "bLED", as I'm not interested on your personal details :D

Lock your phone. Have missed calls, SMSes, Whatsapp messages, GMail, whatever. They're all going to be blinked by bLED :cool:

Known issue
    - Duration of blinking is currently limited to 15 minutes :rolleyes:
    - There will be several seconds of delay before it will blink sms and missed calls. It happens due to the currenlty implemented notification logic. More of a workaround instead of elegant solution. Hope will have better logic for next releases on handling them.
    - There are still some mutex locking bugs on KKA kernel. Very ironic, there seems to be some struggle to support PMIC on the currently best SoC in the world, by looking at the kernel codes.

Enjoy :D
    Dev please make it work for 4.1.2
    Im on JB LSC 4.1.2
    i look into bled for full support in AbyssNote Kernel 2.1
    no, works...

Well I just got the kernel module working by last night and the accessibility service earlier today. Not enough time to tell yet :)

Will try blinking it tonight and see how much battery it would drain :p

But you can always disable the bLED accessibility service when you don't need it :)

Anyone with apk link problem as well?

no, works...