[ROM/DEV] Ganii`s EVO 3D GSM AOSP/Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 v1.4 [13-02-2012]

Search This thread
T

thre3aces

If you're going to do something, don't Bs everyone and get their hopes up. Thats all I care about. I don't give a **** whether he's a volunteer, a hobo or a god damn employee. If you're going to say you're doing something, DO IT.

I don't know how volunteering works over at wherever you live, but over here, when people promise something, they give evidence of it, EVEN VOLUNTEERS.

Did he make a promise??
Did he say that he will release the libs for us.
NO
He just said he was working on it.

You have no right to be *****ing about anyone.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2

areestocrat

Dec 25, 2011
U know could it be that he didn't release his driver because he know its unstable. Who's going to take responsibility if the tester device blown up like his. Sorry but i'm nubies in tweaking hardware. Just saying though.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA

2Pair

Mar 7, 2012
What he said is right. If you're going to say you're going to develop in something then keep your word. Don't you dare back down on something you say.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA

shirioko

Jan 30, 2008
The Hague
You ungrateful sons of *****es. He never said anything about developing, he said he was "looking into it". And what's this bull**** about making promises? Just because you don't have the balls to make a promise doesn't mean that the people who do owe you anything.

And even if he did get the camera to work, what makes you think that he would share it with the likes of you? He has every right to keep his work for himself, so he doesn't owe you jack ****.

/rage mode

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

despotovski01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
You ungrateful sons of *****es. He never said anything about developing, he said he was "looking into it". And what's this bull**** about making promises? Just because you don't have the balls to make a promise doesn't mean that the people who do owe you anything.

And even if he did get the camera to work, what makes you think that he would share it with the likes of you? He has every right to keep his work for himself, so he doesn't owe you jack ****.

/rage mode

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

You are right. Some of the users here don't know how hard it is to develop. Rewriting the camera HAL is REALLY REALLY hard. One misspelling and it's not working. Sometimes everything may go wrong, yeah, it happens a lot, but everyone learns from mistakes. You shouldn't treat a developer as a peace of junk, you should motivate him and even help him if you want/can.

jason27131

Dec 10, 2011
You are right. Some of the users here don't know how hard it is to develop. Rewriting the camera HAL is REALLY REALLY hard. One misspelling and it's not working. Sometimes everything may go wrong, yeah, it happens a lot, but everyone learns from mistakes. You shouldn't treat a developer as a peace of junk, you should motivate him and even help him if you want/can.

I understand that, and in any other case it would be perfectly fine. But when a person kept saying he was getting everything working, and that everything works except it's in red and green, then one day tell everyone his phone blew up and disappears. Thats DAMN fishy.

Not even that, this guy never produced anything before. Nothing. No Roms, no mods, no themes. There's nothing that indicates he's even a developer in the first place, other than his (obviously bs) words that he was rewritting the HAL. No he didn't promise anything, but when he states that his camera was working, thats almost as good as a promise.

And you're right shirioko. He doesn't owe us jack****. In that case, leave. Seriously. No one gives a **** in that case you got a mystical camera working and decides to keep it all for yourself. Don't say anything in the first place.

It's human nature to want stuff you can't get, and people will obviously ***** at you for doing so. If that's called being ungrateful, then great, Everyone on earth is ungrateful. You're also ungrateful for everything that everyone has done in the past 3000 years to get to this point. You know that food you're living off? Human labor from farmers. Technology? Hard working researchers. Everything in your life is made by someone else other than you, and I don't see you thanking humbly every god damn human being that is working hard to make you live comfortably. Don't give me **** about being ungrateful and immediately think you're better than any of us because "we're demanding stuff".

Last edited:

shirioko

Jan 30, 2008
The Hague
No he didn't promise anything, but when he states that his camera was working, thats almost as good as a promise.
Seriously? And what "exactly" did he promise by saying that he got the camera to work? Because I fail to see the transition from "I'm gonna try to get my camera to work.." to "I promise I will make all of your cameras work!"

And you're right shirioko. He doesn't owe us jack****. In that case, leave. Seriously. No one gives a **** in that case you got a mystical camera working and decides to keep it all for yourself. Don't say anything in the first place.
You've got some real issues man.. so if I would spend several months to write an app which would make my battery last for over a week, it is my duty to freely distribute it to people who were doubting and discouraging me all the way down to this point? Get real

It's human nature to want stuff you can't get, and people will obviously ***** at you for doing so. If that's called being ungrateful, then great, Everyone on earth is ungrateful. You're also ungrateful for everything that everyone has done in the past 3000 years to get to this point. You know that food you're living off? Human labor from farmers. Technology? Hard working researchers. Everything in your life is made by someone else other than you, and I don't see you thanking humbly every god damn human being that is working hard to make you live comfortably. Don't give me **** about being ungrateful and immediately think you're better than any of us because "we're demanding stuff".
Well you are being ungrateful to him for him taking the time to at least try it, and you are demanding that he finishes what he decided to start even though he no longer has the phone.

If starting something without producing results is called scam, then I guess I should cancel my donations to cancer research, at least according to your logic. Those lazy bastards have been working decades on it, they've spent billions of dollars, and they still haven't fixed it.

Just putting you back into context :) you don't hear anyone COMPLAINING about the food and life we have today. And not thanking people who made today's life possible is a matter of ignorance, it has nothing to do with being ungrateful. The difference here is that people are actively bringing down someone who stood up and took a shot at a nearly impossible task. Normally people like that would be declared heroes and would inspire others to do the same thing. But I guess that was just back in the days.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Flashmaniac

Oct 3, 2010
Bremen
you guys are one hell of a show.
It's still not about the fact that developing is easy, why don't you get it?
He is just pretender, that's it.

I don't know why you guys are getting so angry when someone tells the truth.
I respect everyone that is modding / "developing" something for us.
And in the end you will know that he is lying. As you can see he has not even tried to say something about the reproaches....

no offence at all!

Last edited:
T

thre3aces

you guys are one hell of a show.
It's still not about the fact that developing is easy, why don't you get it?
He is just pretender, that's it.

I don't know why you guys are getting so angry when someone tells the truth.
I respect everyone that is modding / "developing" something for us.
And in the end you will know that he is lying. As you can see he has not even tried to say something about the reproaches....

no offence at all!

Maybe cos the guys 1st language. Isn't English. It's obvious from his posts. That's why he's probably not providing us with live updates of what's happening/happened

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Has development for this project ceased? It's been a little quiet in here lately, i know a lot of people have jumped ship but i'd like to see this rom continue seeing as it wasn't missing a lot.

Now that ICS has been released, has this had any impact on the development of this rom?

Any updates would be nice.

PS: Just been reading through some of the these comments, just wanted to say to xintel, if you have made any progress or even if you haven't, just give some sort of an update, ppl will stop flaming you m8, it's your prerogative to keep it to yourself, however it would be good to know if you have made any progress or if we're all waiting on nothing.

And to the people having a go at him, take a chill pill lol, no one's given him any cash and as frustrating as it may be, it's fair to show a certain amount of respect, even if it's looking like he could be lying, i'm frustrated myself, but like most of you, i'm not a dev so i've got to get in line too.

Personally i can't see the benefit of making something like that up, makes no sense, so try to give him a break. :) u never know, he might just release a working patch for the cam ?!?

Humble pie would be on the menu that day methinks. :)

Hope to hear something soon.

Cheers.

T

thre3aces

Has development for this project ceased? It's been a little quiet in here lately, i know a lot of people have jumped ship but i'd like to see this rom continue seeing as it wasn't missing a lot.

Now that ICS has been released, has this had any impact on the development of this rom?

Any updates would be nice.

PS: Just been reading through some of the these comments, just wanted to say to xintel, if you have made any progress or even if you haven't, just give some sort of an update, ppl will stop flaming you m8, it's your prerogative to keep it to yourself, however it would be good to know if you have made any progress or if we're all waiting on nothing.

And to the people having a go at him, take a chill pill lol, no one's given him any cash and as frustrating as it may be, it's fair to show a certain amount of respect, even if it's looking like he could be lying, i'm frustrated myself, but like most of you, i'm not a dev so i've got to get in line too.

Personally i can't see the benefit of making something like that up, makes no sense, so try to give him a break. :) u never know, he might just release a working patch for the cam ?!?

Humble pie would be on the menu that day methinks. :)

Hope to hear something soon.

Cheers.

Doesn't matter what xintel has been doing. We got ics libs now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since few days tried something with leaked ICS builds,but few things are hard
    to get working!
    I also know,few things are not working at the moment and some help is needed.
    Hope we can get this more stable and better.

Also did some edits to the ramdisk init files at boot.img to solve the "no booting"
    problem.I fixed the mount options and removed Wimax stuff!

Screenshot_2012-01-21-08-56-09.jpg Screenshot_2012-01-21-08-57-24.jpg Screenshot_2012-01-21-08-58-20.jpg

Working:

- Wi-Fi works for me
    - Touchscreen
    - Vibra
    - Sensors seems to working
    - Advanced power menu
    - lights for hardware button
    - taking screenshots
    - Mobile network + Data,but little bit bugy at the moment
    - Live Wallpaper
    - Calls work, but phone too close to your ear and it breaks call
    - CM9 Trebuchet launcher
    - Audio/Sound working

Not working:

- Camera
    - Maybe bluetooth,not tested
    - DSP Manager (but unnecessary app I think)

Maybe other things too,but not tested all!

Recommended radio: 10.59.9020.00U_10.15.9020.06_M

How to flash:

1.Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2.Perform a full wipe/factory reset,wipe dalvik-cache and cache
    3.Flash ROM.

Kernel Download:

Unnecessary at the moment to flash this kernel after the ROM

shooteru-cayniarb_miui.us_stock_ics-010612

cayniarb for ICS kernel and some tips
    Joelz for some tips
    m-deejay for default boot.img
    Tripnraver,Preludrew,RCTeam (Sensation forum) for some basics
    CyanogenMod Team
    Change log:

v1.4:

- GPS works for me,seems fixed
    - Gtalk seems now working for me,only chat tested
    - Import contacts from sim-card working for me (at first time you have to enable data or WiFi,then it works)
    - Updated CM9 Trebuchet launcher
    - added data/app support
    - added flash player to data/app (but update it from market)
    - code cleanups
    - automatic zipalgin script added (/data/app /data/app-private /system/app /system/framework
    - Test:boot.img from m-deejay`s ICS-Sense ROM added to the ROM
    - adb commands working
    - USB mounting works
    - Pin code bug after unlock from lockscreen seems solved

v1.3:

- fixes in graphical glitsches/screen flickering
    - ICS kernel now included at boot.img (for S-On devices) ;)
    - battery status at statusbar fixed
    - performance updates

v1.2:

- Auto-rotate seems fixed
    - fixes in some reboots
    - sound improvements
    - small wifi fixes
    - some code clean ups
    - added some gapps (Google apps)
    - update to hardware button lights (no problems with this)
    - GenieWidget now working
    - More APNs available for me
    - fixed rmt_storage at ramdisk (init.shooteru.rc"
    - Talk apk removed,not working at the moment

v1.1:

- Audio/Sound fixed

v1.0:

- Initial Release
    shooter_u-ICS_v1.3 uploaded!

- fixes in graphical glitsches/screen flickering
    - ICS kernel now included at boot.img (for S-On devices) ;)
    - battery status at statusbar fixed
    - performance updates
    Here it is :

http://dev-host.org/cv9

All credits to Ganii and mdeejay for the kernel.

All I did was take boot.img from mdeejays rom and wifi modules and put in ICS rom.

This basically fixes mounting sdcard and adb now works as well, also some additions are stock clock is 1512mhz and button leds are dimmed :D

Enjoy !
    Bluetooth FIX

Guys, big thanks to Ganii & m-deejay
    Im using this few days & hope battery bugs can be fixed soon.
    Here is patch to get btooth working. So far, basic functions are fully works. Some shots of my current config :

screenshot2012012512202.jpg
    screenshot2012012622240.jpg
    screenshot2012012622225.jpg

Flash thru recovery ;)