[THEME] Blue Magic (Full ICS) Theme (AOKP M5 | Universal .zip) [May 5]

Search This thread
E

ezcats

I did do it myself. I just think its common courtesy to ask someone before posting their work. I know a lot of people are waiting so I am attempting to help him out if he wants it. Yes, its just orange png's replaced with blue ones

Edit: I don't know if there's some confusion... I didn't make the images. I made the ziptheme using the OP's images

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

wait you did it yourself but its his work?... confused :(

you mean you made it a zipthemer file?

just wondering cause i wouldn't ask for permission when all of it was my work and no one elses :)

nbeebe24

Jun 16, 2009
wait you did it yourself but its his work?... confused :(

you mean you made it a zipthemer file?

just wondering cause i wouldn't ask for permission when all of it was my work and no one elses :)

I made it into a zipthemer file. I thought that was what I was being asked. I wouldn't ask permission or be posting in another thread if it was my own theme

mariotme

Feb 7, 2011
Amman
Any news from OP so you can share the universal theme?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Roman-Kumori

Dec 7, 2010
Moscow
Hey guys, the thread is updated with nbeebe24's .zip added.:)
Enjoy.:) And do not forget to say thanks to this good guy! ;) This community wouldn't have existed without guys like him.

And also we changed the name of the theme to BLUE MAGIC. It's also nbeebe24's creation (I mean the name), and he doesn't mind if I use it.:) I hope you like it better too.:)

So... To be short, if you use ROM other than Codename Android, please download Blue Magic.zip from the attachments from the first post.:)

mariotme

Feb 7, 2011
Amman
Enjoy.:) And do not forget to say thanks to this good guy! ;) This community wouldn't have existed without guys like him.

And also we changed the name of the theme to BLUE MAGIC. It's also nbeebe24's creation (I mean the name), and he doesn't mind if I use it.:) I hope you like it better too.:)

So... To be short, if you use ROM other than Codename Android, please download Blue Magic.zip from the attachments from the first post.:)

Just want to thank you and nbeebe24 for your efforts! Just tried it with zipthemer and everything is running great on latest cm9 nightly:)

M

mattyb1085

Working Great on AOKP M4. Thanks.

Keith
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus.

Roman-Kumori

Dec 7, 2010
Moscow
+1 to working great in AOKP. What is required to change the colours on progress bars?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Modification of Progress_bar.xml.
However, inserting a modified and smali'ed Progress_bar.xml with blue colors in the .zip caused Metamorph to fail to open the theme, but then it opens and even applies it, but button higlight gets screwed for an unknown reason.:(

Reactions: Colpophage

Colpophage

May 10, 2011
Edmonton
Thanks for the info, I'll see if I can get something inserted, at least on my own phone.

Swyped on my rooted AOKP(m4) Galaxy Nexus with XDA app

nbeebe24

Jun 16, 2009
However, inserting a modified and smali'ed Progress_bar.xml with blue colors in the .zip caused Metamorph to fail to open the theme, but then it opens and even applies it, but button higlight gets screwed for an unknown reason.:(

Did you put a decompiled XML in?

MontAlbert

Jan 10, 2007
for the theme to work with metamorph the Blue Magic.xml needs to be opened and the title of the theme in first line changed to Blue_Magic.xml and then the name of the xml changed to Blue_Magic.xml (metamorph requires you to have the name of the theme - the zipped folder- the same as the name of the xml file).. I have attached my edited file.. seems to work...just remove the .zip extension from the name and you are good to replace it into the folder)

Attachments

• Blue_Magic.xml.zip
    632 bytes · Views: 23

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Could you post what specific changes need to be made? Also, what apk is progress_bar.xml located in? I'd like to make the changes for myself.

Thanks for the work.

Colpophage

May 10, 2011
Edmonton

Ok, all the progress bar xml files are in framework-res, is this the right place to be changing them? There doesn't seem to be one single progress_bar.xml file on my phone in either SystemUI or framework-res.

Will keep messing about.

Swyped on my rooted AOKP(m4) Galaxy Nexus with XDA app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GALAXY NEXUS
    BLUE MAGIC THEME

for
    AOKP Milestone 5
    and
    any other ICS ROM (universal .zip by nbeebe24)

News

Guys, GOOD NEWS! Our mate nbeebe24 made a unversal .zip (it's in the download section and has a name "Blue Magic.zip") to use with any ICS ROM! Say thanks to him, he did a good job.:)
    This .zip file is to be applied in Zip Themer app or Metamorph app.
    And also, nbeebe24 had a better name for my theme, that he agreed to lend.:) Thank you, mate.;)

Introduction

Have you ever wondered why we sometimes meet orange highlight in the latest Android firmware? (previously Honecomb, now we meet it in ICS)
    It's when you open an app which works on a device running any android version like ES File Manager, etc. when you long-tap on a file and when you choose an option you have to see ORANGE highlight, while the rest of your phone's theme is blue/light blue/cyan? This kind of crap annoyed me a lot, and nobody ever made a theme that could change it. So I decided to do it by myself.

So, this theme makes your Galaxy Nexus running custom ROM more ICS than even stock one. Google created new theme named "holo", that was implemented in ICS, but kept old theme files in framework so that we could "enjoy" feeling of old android sometimes (in older apps, non-ICS apps, etc.). I don't like seeing design that makes to recall old badly stylized android. I enjoy ICS style.

Sorry for long introduction, so...

Disclaimer

As always, I'm not responsible for such catastrophic situations that actually shouldn't ever happen to your phone as that flashing my theme made your device melt / cough / brick / explode / fly into space / scare your cat / etc.
    You are responsible for what you are doing to your device. However, if you need help, don't hesitate to ask for it. ;)

What does the theme change?

Orange highlights, old orange progress bar, orange highlights of text fields in some apps... I annihilated everything orange. What was orange now is in ICS-style. :cool:

How to install?

1. Download from the downloads section below
    2. Put on an internal SD card
    3. Do a nandroid backup (if you want to have a possibility to restore)
      Full wipe is NOT required
    4. Flash with CWM Recovery

Note

Many apps use graphic files that are independent from system graphic files, and that means that after flashing my theme you'll meet orange more rarely, but, unfortunately, not never. If app dev decided to put orange in his app, you'll see that orange color. :(

Screenshots

There are some screenshots from ES File Manager, Twitter and Tapatalk apps.
    None of them is optimized for use on ICS, that's why previously we saw old graphics using them. Take a look on the screenshots to see what changes after applying Blue Magic (Full ICS) theme.

ES File Manager
    Before... and... After
    GcEGHm.png
    D1ZDDm.png

Twitter​
    Before... and... After
    5BwO8m.png
    LVFffm.png

O5HiBm.png
    pUolUm.png

Tapatalk

Before... and... After
    fDHhCm.png
    c3vcWm.png

J7fqrm.png
    rzCxKm.png

Release Notes

Code:
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"]

May 5 - released a version for AOKP M5

Mar 15 - released a version for CNA 1.5.5

Mar 10 - released universal .zip made by [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=1837158"]nbebee24[/URL] and changed the name of the theme!

Mar 7 - released version for CNA 1.5.0

Feb 18 - released version for CNA 1.4.0

Feb 6 - released version for CNA 1.3.2

Feb 5 - released version for Apex v1.0.2 maguro

Feb 2 - released versions for AOKP M3 toro and AOKP M3 maguro

Jan 30 - released version for Codename Android 1.2.0

Jan 28 - released version for Build 21

Jan 14 - released version for Milestone 2

Jan 7 - released version for build 14[/FONT]

Downloads

The theme is pretty slim at the moment, that's why it is in the attachments to this post.
    Please download new versions for AOKP or Codename Android and universal Blue Magic.zip made by nbeebe24 from the attachments.

Thanks for thanks! :)

He did say yes and I sent him the zip yesterday. I'm waiting for him to post it as well

oh ok :D

i thought you did it by yourself. (it just changes some pngs around right?)

I did do it myself. I just think its common courtesy to ask someone before posting their work. I know a lot of people are waiting so I am attempting to help him out if he wants it. Yes, its just orange png's replaced with blue ones

Edit: I don't know if there's some confusion... I didn't make the images. I made the ziptheme using the OP's images

Any chance of a version for toro aokp 21?

Glad that have requests ;)

Yes, no problem.:)
    Will make it shortly. (maybe my theme is compatible with both versions, I'll ask AOKP developer, Roman)

Also if you lack translation for power menu and status bar toggles in your language, I can add them if you provide me translation.