[REQ] spotify in music widget

Search This thread

Alting900

Jun 19, 2011
Herlev
just wanted to know if it would be possible via mod or update to control Spotify via the build in music player i mean in the widget ??

Aeneas

Apr 1, 2007
just wanted to know if it would be possible via mod or update to control Spotify via the build in music player i mean in the widget ??

If I'v understood correctly, you want a widget to contol Spotify from the homescreens?
Spotify has its own widget. It's installed automatically when you install Spotify.

Dellocatus

Apr 21, 2012
Are you using the new beta version of the Spotify App that supports ICS? If so, could you please give a feedback? I would like to use Spotify, but I refuse to pay for a service that is only in beta right now...

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Aeneas

Apr 1, 2007
Are you using the new beta version of the Spotify App that supports ICS? If so, could you please give a feedback? I would like to use Spotify, but I refuse to pay for a service that is only in beta right now...

It's excellent, but still doesn't have playlist folders.
You can download it here.
It includes "extreme" quality streaming/saving (for offline access). It's much neater to use. It's now just as good (albeit quite simple) as an ordinary music player on Android.

Get a trial and see if you like it?

Also, relevant to this thread, it doesn't seem to have come with a widget!

Last edited:

Dellocatus

Apr 21, 2012
Well, I have been using Spotify Premium on my Symbian device. I cancelled my subscription because I read about the incompatibility with ICS. But this seems to be fixed now, so I will consider subscribing once again.

Thx for your answer! :)

Alting900

Jun 19, 2011
Herlev
Yes i am and it's beautiful running perfectly only wish is to use it in the HTC media widget

I would strongly recommend paying for premium

D

Deleted member 4123551

Wow. Lucky me browsing for Sense 4 stuff to port finding this.
I have spotify Premium, so i'm going to give this a warm, warm welcome in my app drawer :D

friedgoldmole

Jan 10, 2009
The new ics version of spotify works with the lockscreen widget, only just noticed, which makes me think its only just started working.

uploadfromtaptalk1335356995198.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

friedgoldmole

Jan 10, 2009
Have you installed the ics version, its only available from the spotify blog, not the play store. I didn't enable anything it just started working, though I am convinced it didn't work right off the bat.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

manook

May 12, 2010
Think I had to open the stock music app first and select spotify (beta version) and then the widget worked on lock screen

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

DazNoonan

Apr 10, 2012
Hull
Will try doing that... Thanks :)

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Will try doing that... Thanks :)
Have got the Beta App installed now... Looks much cleaner than the previous version and its now working on the lock screen which is brilliant. I see it doesn't currently have Last.FM in the settings now though :(

pat333

Mar 24, 2010
London, UK
It's excellent, but still doesn't have playlist folders.
You can download it here.
It includes "extreme" quality streaming/saving (for offline access). It's much neater to use. It's now just as good (albeit quite simple) as an ordinary music player on Android.

Get a trial and see if you like it?

Also, relevant to this thread, it doesn't seem to have come with a widget!

Thanks. I completely missed this release. I've been using normal spotify on the one x without any problems though (aside from occasional sound glitches when beats was turned on). Hopefully they have finally added landscape mode..

dasilvetz

May 16, 2007
can't get the lock screen widget to work with the spotify ICS beta..

tried opening stock music app first and selecting spotify as suggested above but that did not work either..

is there a generic way of enabling the music widget on the lock screen that i am missing ?