[Q] Belkin Yourtype bluetooth keyboard

Search This thread

hackhound

Dec 1, 2007
Greetings,
I just bought the Belkin Yourtype Bluetooth Keyboard and it pairs fine with my tablet but after about 5 seconds of typing it looks like I lose the connection as I no longer see any new text on the tablet while typing. If I keep typing I get a popup that says "Bluetooth keyboard connected" and I can resume typing for a few more characters.

The keyboard works fine on my Nexus 7, so is there a setting on the Sammy that I am missing, or is this an issue of bluetooth incompatibility?

Thanks,
Hackhound

Steelgrave

Jan 10, 2014
Greetings,
I just bought the Belkin Yourtype Bluetooth Keyboard and it pairs fine with my tablet but after about 5 seconds of typing it looks like I lose the connection as I no longer see any new text on the tablet while typing. If I keep typing I get a popup that says "Bluetooth keyboard connected" and I can resume typing for a few more characters.

The keyboard works fine on my Nexus 7, so is there a setting on the Sammy that I am missing, or is this an issue of bluetooth incompatibility?

Thanks,
Hackhound

It's a bluetooth bug. Pretty much any BT input device has this disconnect issue.

I was hoping this would be fixed with a software update, but I'm losing faith...

lawalty

May 16, 2008
Greetings,

Thanks,
Hackhound

I have noticed this bug on my Note also. However, i feel it has something to do with the keyboard instead of my precious Note. I think it has something to do with the BT power management on the keyboard iteslf. I have tested with my wife's BT keyboard, which she has an Idea-pad with keyboard dock. I synced it with my Note 10.1 (2014 edition) just fine, and it says connected with NO issues, however on my brand new BT keyboard I purchased from Fry's, it has this stupid disconnecting issue.

My vote is with the BT keyboard, not out Notes.