Restore to factory with root?

Search This thread

reno55

May 30, 2006
I have a dev edition currently on 4.4.2 and seeing as how I cant use the nice script thats out there to restore it can someone reccomend the best , easiest way to do this?

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
I have a dev edition currently on 4.4.2 and seeing as how I cant use the nice script thats out there to restore it can someone reccomend the best , easiest way to do this?

Gotta be patient reno, people will answer when they get the chance to.

You're options are:

1. Use recovery to factory reset (google for instructions to enter recovery mode)
2. Go into the phone settings and simply hit factory reset

If you're trying to REMOVE ROOT just install supersu and hit full unroot. So there are your options, I didn't mention fastboot because the above methods are EASIER which is what you wanted.

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
You lost me.... what "nice script"?

If you just want to factory reset, you can do so in either stock or custom recovery.

If you are trying to get back to 100% stock, then just use RSDLite to flash the 4.4.2 SBF for your phone (the 4.4.2 SBF for the GSM Dev Edition, and the Verizon Dev Edition are out there). Then, since you have dev edition, if you've unlocked your bootloader, you can just re-root if needed (via custom recovery and supersu).

If you haven't unlocked your bootloader yet, I would ask why, since unlocking the bootloader on a Dev Edition doesn't void the warranty.