026 crashes apps constantly

Search This thread

Beanyness

Mar 10, 2009
I've put 026 on my phone twice now, with 2 seperate downloads (incase one was corrupt) but it always crashes apps, like timescape, the web browser, the market, even the uninstall app and many others...

Anyone else get this, or have a fix? I dont get it with 024, but would prefer to use 026 because it seems a little faster.

arizhasan

May 13, 2005
Lucknow
same thing happened to me after I stopped some of the apps from startup. that gave me about 180mb free though, but nearly all the apps were crashing, they were not force closing but simply vanishing. then I enabled everything while booting and everything was fine. so now am trying to stop one service or app one at a time to find which one of them is causing this.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Beanyness

Mar 10, 2009
Hmm i dont have any app killer installed though... but i did have one installed before flashing. But flashing would have completely removed it?
The very first time i started the phone after going to 026 i got this crashing, which happens exactly how it does with you.

arizhasan

May 13, 2005
Lucknow
nope, very first time I installed 026 everything was fine, only issue I had was when I used the app "my backup pro" to restore my messages, contacts etc, somehow my phone started sending messages again, the same ones that I already had sent in the last 4 months,I had to delete all the threads quickly or there were about 2000 messages which could have been sent.
then I started with the boot manager and disabled nearly everything, that's when vanishing of the apps started, nothing before that. but I guess its working fine now. am only disabling apps I installed, not touching anything I don't know, phone seems to be working fine.

arizhasan

May 13, 2005
Lucknow
guys, try not to kill all the services, instead eliminate them one by one to find which one is crashing your phone. mine seems to be working fine now