Samsung Galaxy S Case

Search This thread

vafels

Dec 14, 2011
Otterbox commuter

I've got the Otterbox Commuter for nearly a year now and I'm very happy with it.

It already saved my I9000 several times, including drops against hard floors and asphalt. The phone survived and the case itself wasn't dented.

It is also gives a surprisingly good surface grip when placed face down.

I myself like the design, it is a little bulky but that's what you pay for protection.

Better looking the case-mate in my opinion.

Only cons I can think of is the included screen protector which is awkwardly cut shorter than the actual screen surface. I just replace it with a 1$ one from ebay.

snapper.fishes

Aug 7, 2010
Hong Kong
I have an otter box case. It's nigh indestructible. I tried dropping it from over two metres high onto a hard wood surface. No problem at all.

The downside however is that the soft rubber bits are dust magnets. Also it's thick, really thick.

Knowledge is Power. Guard it well.

iajanus

Feb 23, 2011
I was very cheap and just got a hard plastic gameboy case from ebay. Best $3.30 I've ever spent :D

Hebihime

May 1, 2012
I've got a simple mumbi TPU case. It's really grippy although it's kinda hard to now press the volume buttons and the power button.

slybunda

May 6, 2010
i use otterbox commuter, loocks awsome doesnt add much bulk and has great feel and protection.

Ante241

Dec 9, 2012
Split
I use simple black gel case and it is fine..except it tends to bother me cause I can't pull my phone from pocket and it makes phone heavy..
But for 1 dollar from ebay it is ok.. :)

Mairo

Feb 28, 2013
I don´t like silicon or hard cases, I prefer Leather cases. So right now I use Swirl leather Pull pouch cace. Phone fits perfectly and it´s quite good protection also. I can´t add direct link but if You are interested, then this is ebay search word : Swirl Black Leather Pouch Case For Samsung I9001 Galaxy S Plus.

ho/bo

Nov 14, 2011
Nexus 7
Wileyfox Swift
AW: Samsung Galaxy S Case

I used to have belt clip-on leather holsters by Riwal.
Since I've got the sgs+ I use a leather flip-cover holster (Orbit Flex) by Krusell. Krusell's got a very intelligent system for fastening the handy on your belt or in the car or...
For an sgs advance I got a Perfect Case leather flip-cover holster.

I prefer the flip-covers, because theirs more protection. I don't like to draw my phone on a leash out of a pouch, because I'd be afraid of scratches or dropping it. I've often dropped the phone and as there's leather all around it, it's well protected.
And... those leather holsters are really elegant!:D:D:D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

fragioud

Jan 21, 2012
I am using a PURO silicon transparent case and i am very pleased about protection. The bad is that now is something between tranparent and yellow because of sun... :(

So when you choose a case pay attention if it has sun protection...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @h3dshot

Make sure to use a case that has an extension of material above the screen, so if the phone falls on the screen side, it will make contact with the floor using the protector and not the screen itself.

Looking at such protector that you stated here I'm not quite sure - is it the Galaxy that you want to protect, or the protector? :)
    i can't understand why folk cover up their beautiful sgs1 with all covering cases, get a nice slide in leather case with draw string, use the phone as it was intended, its a thing of beauty. its like getting a ferrari and covering it up with tyres

Sent using TCP/IP