smartwatch 2 bluetooth connection problem

Search This thread

shootingzen

Oct 19, 2013
Hi please can someone help or has anyone came across a simular problem? I received my sw2 yesterday and followed all the installation procedures and upgrades to relevant software on my Sony xperia z1. All that happens now is the watch connects and disconnects every 10 seconds and will not stay connected for long periods of time. All the apps have uploaded to the watch emails Facebook etc but even those only work briefly until the bluetooth disconnects.

I have gone through all the settings on the phone and watch so am left thinking that there must be something wrong with either the phone or watch.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Captain Splash

Apr 27, 2008
I've had mine for 2 weeks and I've not had any problems. Are you running a custom ROM? Does bluetooth work on it if you are? Have connected anything else bluetooth to your phone?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

marcyff2

Apr 11, 2013
Hey,

Received my smartwatch 2 about a week ago, I rooted my phone shortly after that. 4 days later my sw2 starts running the same issue.

I believe it can only be one of 3 things:
-Software upgrade on the watch that currupted the bluetooth connection
-Rooting affected my watch connection to the phone
- I had installed facebook, wich now became almost impossible to uninstal due to the short period of time that i can maintain the watch connected.

If anyone has any solutions i would appreciate the help.

themissionimpossible

May 12, 2008
If anyone has any solutions i would appreciate the help.
Have you tried with a SW2 factory reset?

To perform a factory data reset:

From the Home screen, find and tap
sony-13accca-settings=1.png

Find and tap Reset SmartWatch.

To confirm, tap
sony-13accca-checkmark=1.png

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
my phone loose connection with smartphone every few hours, but it connects back within seconds. annoying, but i couldn't find the reason for that.

marcyff2

Apr 11, 2013

From the Home screen, find and tap.

To confirm, tap

Hey,

Thanks for the tip had tried that before. Didn't work. Although I have now fixed the issue.

The problem with the smartwatch is that the apps are stored in your phone, but the notifications are not streamed to the watch but actually stored there. this causes the memory of the watch to be full and disconnect the watch from the phone (therefore the constant come out).

So to fix the issue:

- Disconnect your phones bluetooth
- Access the smartwatch app, and on FB and Twitter apps log out.
-reconect the bluetooth and quickly clear the history of all apps in the watch.
- You can log back into FB and Twitter but restrict the notifications to the minimum possible (e.g. when written on your wall, your idols tweets and your crush/loved/best-friend posts)

Every Friday remember to clear the history of your watches apps, to avoid this issue.

mx007

Apr 23, 2014
Not working

Hey,

Thanks for the tip had tried that before. Didn't work. Although I have now fixed the issue.

The problem with the smartwatch is that the apps are stored in your phone, but the notifications are not streamed to the watch but actually stored there. this causes the memory of the watch to be full and disconnect the watch from the phone (therefore the constant come out).

So to fix the issue:

- You can log back into FB and Twitter but restrict the notifications to the minimum possible (e.g. when written on your wall, your idols tweets and your crush/loved/best-friend posts)

Every Friday remember to clear the history of your watches apps, to avoid this issue.

I did everything i read in this particular post. But nothing seems to work. Or maybe i am doing it wrong. But i cant find what is the problem.
Still facing connection issues with my z1

Tuborg68

Jan 3, 2011
My son runs a new SW2 with a Samsung Galaxy Express and is experiencing frequent disconnects. But the SW2 app in the phone says it's connected. Turning Bluetooth off an on again makes the watch connect again. The watch is new and not filled up with notifications. The phone is all stock touchwiz and Android 4.1.2. Thanks for any help!

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk

vbrsekhar

Nov 25, 2008
Wellington
My son runs a new SW2 with a Samsung Galaxy Express and is experiencing frequent disconnects. But the SW2 app in the phone says it's connected. Turning Bluetooth off an on again makes the watch connect again. The watch is new and not filled up with notifications. The phone is all stock touchwiz and Android 4.1.2. Thanks for any help!

For those who are having the bluetooth connection issues, although the issue is not known completely (some say it is due to low watch memory issue and others say it is due to power management apks within high end gadgets resulting in switching the bluetooth connection off for every few seconds), there seems to be a fix and when I followed it, it is working perfectly fine. So the trick is

1. Find the Bluetooth Auto Connect free apk in the play store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.myklos.btautoconnect) or from http://www.appsapk.com/bluetooth-auto-connect/

2. Install it and give sw2 a priority. Vola ! your problem resolves.

What this app does simply is to cling on to the bluetooth connected devices and for any reason they disconnect, this app will try to reconnect again immediately. This apk has a feature to disable bluetooth connection automatically after xx minutes of retries, which is awesome. SInce I installed this apk, I did not face any issues with it.

If I have helped you in anyway, please do hit the thanks button. Good luck.

seanieboy922

Jun 5, 2016
Has anyone found a fix for this that really works. Got my ssw 2 yesterday. Worked fantastic without a problem until I went to bed turned my phone and smartwatch off to charge while I slept woke up and now it disconnects and connects every few seconds .If I can't fix the problem then will be taking it back to the shop it came from as pointless having it.. I've tried everything I can think of. Reset watch and phone. Cleared all app off and started again. Even tried the Bluetooth apps but still doing it

Dec 21, 2017
Found Problem !!!!

I purchased my smartwatch 2 about a month ago, and use it with my Sony Xperia S. About a week ago I started to experience frequent disconnects. Then I tried to figure out what the problem was (obviously!). Then I started to realize that it only disconnected when I played online games. When I open the PlayStation app to remote play with my PS3 or play BTD battles it would disconnect. So I think the excessive amount of radiation coming to and from my phone over Wi-Fi and 3G gsm cell connection is the culprit. It is interesting to see that even new small Bluetooth electronics have the same problem. For example; Sony's new wireless earbuds WF-1000x constantly connect and disconnect in crowded areas where there are is a lot of wireless activity. Sony claims to have fixed the problem with firmware updates....... I'm not an engineer, but I think this is probably just something we have to live with. At least until the smartwatch 4 comes out :angel:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For those who are having the bluetooth connection issues, although the issue is not known completely (some say it is due to low watch memory issue and others say it is due to power management apks within high end gadgets resulting in switching the bluetooth connection off for every few seconds), there seems to be a fix and when I followed it, it is working perfectly fine. So the trick is

1. Find the Bluetooth Auto Connect free apk in the play store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.myklos.btautoconnect) or from http://www.appsapk.com/bluetooth-auto-connect/

2. Install it and give sw2 a priority. Vola ! your problem resolves.

What this app does simply is to cling on to the bluetooth connected devices and for any reason they disconnect, this app will try to reconnect again immediately. This apk has a feature to disable bluetooth connection automatically after xx minutes of retries, which is awesome. SInce I installed this apk, I did not face any issues with it.

If I have helped you in anyway, please do hit the thanks button. Good luck.

From the Home screen, find and tap.

To confirm, tap

Hey,

So to fix the issue: