[AROMA][ HOW-TO ][4.4+] [ Enable ART Or Dalvik From Recovery ]

Search This thread

^^Robi

Jun 8, 2013
plus.google.com
Brother,
I had flashed art via cwm but ibdont what is its functions and how to use it?
Please suggest me about art....

Hi ART is not like some extension or app. Its runtime compiler so if I explain you in easy mode... Apps will use more space but they will be compiled already with ART. So they would open and load faster than dalvik (stock/default compiler) dalivk comiples app when you open it so it takes a bit more time to open and load.

Yogendra Kher

Nov 27, 2014
Rajkot,Gujarat
Hi ART is not like some extension or app. Its runtime compiler so if I explain you in easy mode... Apps will use more space but they will be compiled already with ART. So they would open and load faster than dalvik (stock/default compiler) dalivk comiples app when you open it so it takes a bit more time to open and load.

Thanks bro,
But i have one question that can we use xposed during art?

^^Robi

Jun 8, 2013
plus.google.com
Thanks bro,
But i have one question that can we use xposed during art?

No you can't use Xposed framework. So you need to decide would you like fancy custom things with Xposed or fast ROM? If you would like a faster rom than switch to ART otherwise stay on dalivk. In my case Xposed just slow down phone so much that I would definitely remove it even if I would stay on dalvik.

Reactions: Yogendra Kher

Yogendra Kher

Nov 27, 2014
Rajkot,Gujarat
No you can't use Xposed framework. So you need to decide would you like fancy custom things with Xposed or fast ROM? If you would like a faster rom than switch to ART otherwise stay on dalivk. In my case Xposed just slow down phone so much that I would definitely remove it even if I would stay on dalvik.

Bro,
I had selected art in runtime setting,its ask me reboot for changes
When phone rebooted its dalvik again not change in to art
my phone 4.4.2 is successfully rooted and i had removed xposed .
So what is the reason for not change into art?

^^Robi

Jun 8, 2013
plus.google.com
Yes i flashed enableart.zip file, and after flashing it i wiped dalvik cache as mentioned in main post.
But nothing done
Can tell me true procedure for it?
Is there any other manual method to do this?????

Hmm I don't know. I just flash enableart.zip and it worked for me. I don't know what its your problem wait for someone else who might help you

abinash

Dec 12, 2009
Bhubaneswar
I switched to art from developer options but then after my htc one M8 stuck at "Android is upgrading screen" that saying optimising apps 9 of 12. Unfortunately i am on custom recovery as well have no zip file in my phone. What to do? dont want to wipe phone.
any solution?

Last edited:

MaxisMan

Dec 9, 2014
Running ART..

Thanks!! It worked perfectly. Wiped dalvik cache then flashed the zip, 'Android is upgrading' pops up then BAM I'm using ART. I wish it worked with Xposed though..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I Made 2 Small Scripts Flashable Files Around 100Kb Each.
    No Need To Change To Add Files Anythings
    Just
    Reboot To Recovery
    To Enable ART Flash This : Mega Devhost
    Wipe Dalvik Cache

To Revert To Dalvik Flash This : Mega Devhost
    Wipe Dalvik/Cache

First Of All ART Is Not Compatible With Xposed. Xposed Itself Change ART To Dalvik. So If You Want To Use ART Uninstall Xposed.

To Check If You Are Using ART Or Dalvik
    Goto
    data/property/persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib
    Open File In Text Editor
    If It Says libart.so means You Are On ART
    if It Says libdvm.so Means You Are On Dalvik.

If libart.so and libart-compiler.so is Not Present in lib folder. Your ROM Doesnot Support ART.

For Those Who Are Getting Update Binary Error An Aroma Package Is Made By @Patrics83
    Features :
    * It Doesn't Use Update Binary : So No More Update Binary Issue
    * It Will Show Which Run Time You Are Using.

Download Link

Thanks
    Regards
    Husen
    I Made 2 Small Scripts Flashable Files Around 100Kb Each.
    No Need To Change To Add Files Anythings
    Just
    Reboot To Recovery
    To Enable ART Flash This : Mega Devhost
    Wipe Dalvik Cache

To Revert To Dalvik Flash This : Mega Devhost
    Wipe Dalvik/Cache

This is awesome! I'm looking for something like this in a long time, now i can keep them on my phone. And when my i get a bootloop or fc for switching to ART i do not need to factory reset my phone!
    For Those Who Are Getting Update Binary Error An Aroma Package Is Made By @Patrics83
    Download Link
    @husen4u: but is correct first zip to enable art? i see all two script report "Enabling Dalvik...", so i excract both updater-scripts and i compared them both and they are identical

Compare enb-dalvik.sh files. They are not identical. Enable ART will switch your phone to ART
    i'm not sure maybe u should check text inside file /data/property/persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib If it contain libart.so, you are on ART. my phone also flashed this .zip but it's still dalvik. i don't know why. i am using rom cm11.

No, still it is libdvm.so :crying:

Are you both using xposed framework? Xposed do not work with ART and every boot it switches to dalvik