[MOD][VZW Edition] Add all apps to multi-window build LJB

Search This thread

EVOme

Jun 3, 2010
Worked great!! I renamed all the files. I didn't delete anything.

Thanks, OP!!

duglas

Mar 29, 2007
I copied the files like 5 times with ES file and Root Explorer and I did not have the little tab on the side for multiWindow....
Finally I read on here that you can hold the back button and then it finally showed up again...

If possible, can you add that info to the first post so people know to try that to get the tab back..??

AWESOME THOUGH!!!!

I have Navigation and Pandora running at the same time!!!!

ILMF

Jun 1, 2011
Missouri
Great Mod, thank you!

Worked like a champ using paid version of Root Explorer:

1. copied files to internal memory
2. replaced Flashbarservice.odex file - no issue at all
3. replaced services.odex - phone froze for a bit then rebooted and came up fine, but no bootloop
4. had issue adding apps to the bar, so deleted com.sec.android.app.FlashBarService and rebooted
5. profit

Phone is stock, unlocked, rooted, with the safe OTA update from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2106203

No issues so far. Thanks for this Mod...for me one of only a few things missing from this phone out of the box.

C1audia

Oct 17, 2012
Phx
Thanks so MUCH!

Question: will we loose this if we do OTA update, then Root again?
Thanks again.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

archa1c

Jan 19, 2013
Stuck at Samsung logo here.
  • I made the changes on-phone using Root Explorer.
  • I renamed the original odex files to FlashBarService.odex_old / services.odex_old
  • I then copied over the newly extracted replacement files to their appropriate directories (with R/W access) and rebooted.
  • Upon my booting I couldn't get past the SAMSUNG logo (still staring at it now :(
  • I then booted into download mode and reflashed cwm6-recovery-i317.tar.md5, then booted into CWM recovery and ran CWM SuperU zip.

I'm still booting to the Samsung logo and getting stuck. Not sure what to do next... Sorry, I've only been an Android guy for 4 days...

On the bright side, I just ran a full titanium backup about 2 hours ago... :eek:

Any and all help is appreciated! I'm liberal with use of the "Thanks" button :)

Last edited:

archa1c

Jan 19, 2013
FWIW I think my fatal error must have been renaming and leaving the old ODEX files in their directories.

I read another reply that recommends removjng the old odex files completely (or overwrite), but old config habits die hard, so I just renamed them to _old.

I ended up flashing back to MrRobinson's SU-injected stock Rom, then restoring my app data from Titanium backup.

Before I have a go at this MultiWindow mod again, id love some feedback on my assumptions above.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

ILMF

Jun 1, 2011
Missouri
FWIW I think my fatal error must have been renaming and leaving the old ODEX files in their directories.

I read another reply that recommends removjng the old odex files completely (or overwrite), but old config habits die hard, so I just renamed them to _old.

I ended up flashing back to MrRobinson's SU-injected stock Rom, then restoring my app data from Titanium backup.

Before I have a go at this MultiWindow mod again, id love some feedback on my assumptions above.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Just replace the files. When you bootloop and then wiping and flashing a new ROM you are losing the old files anyway.
I would also recommend since the files you are overwriting are in use - that you perform the replacement quickly :D

Reactions: archa1c

archa1c

Jan 19, 2013
Just replace the files. When you bootloop and then wiping and flashing a new ROM you are losing the old files anyway.
I would also recommend since the files you are overwriting are in use - that you perform the replacement quickly :D

Since I had to restore to stock ROM with root injected anyhow, I just opted to throw the new CleanROM onto my Note 2, and I'm glad I did.
The multiwindow mod is included with the build, so I get what I'm after here and a lot more.
It's perhaps the slickest ROM setup BIOS I've ever gone through.

Very polished, and all touch-based input once you launch the zip from recovery.

Thanks for the input, though. I do appreciate it!

Reactions: ILMF

archa1c

Jan 19, 2013
+1 for the paid version of Root Explorer (is there even a free version?

-Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using only ONE HAND! (Just kidding! that's impossible.)

DroidBabe

Mar 1, 2011
I deleted flashbarservices and now I cant get multiwindow tab to show up even tho multiwindow is selected and even tho I press and hold the back button. I dont understand what happened. I also rebooted many times and still nothing. Im lostm pls help :(

YankInDaSouth

Oct 30, 2010
Sharpsburg, GA
I deleted flashbarservices and now I cant get multiwindow tab to show up even tho multiwindow is selected and even tho I press and hold the back button. I dont understand what happened. I also rebooted many times and still nothing. Im lostm pls help :(

I am gonna assume that after you deletes it you flashed the modded version in the OP ...

I'd say reapply the mod if you haven't already. If no luck with that you may have to go back to stock (or flash a stock ROM) and start over.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: DroidBabe

DroidBabe

Mar 1, 2011
Thanks. Looks like im gonna have to go back to stock. :(

jpleez

Oct 12, 2009
I am stock rom and rooted only. Success! I used root explorer and mounted r/w. I first turned off multi-window and then did step 1 and changed the permissions. Then did step 3 and then step 2. I got a bit scared when I pasted the services.odex file because it asked if I wanted to overwrite and when I pushed yes it just froze and did nothing, and no buttons were responsive, so I did a battery pull and reboot and then changed the permissions on the services.odex file and voila! Thanks for this mod!

SchwassKIN

Jul 23, 2011
Just applied to stock/rooted, (self) debloated OTA (VRALL4) using Root Explorer and all went well!

Thanks for the awesome MOD!

Same here. Thumbs up !!!

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

When I was trying to add apps. The app I grab isnt the one that adds?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is only for Verizon Stock with root injected

Build: JRO03C.I605VRALJB

Steps:
    1) Please mount your system as read/write, extract the files in the attached zip file, and copy:

FlashBarService.odex to /system/app

services.odex to /system/framework

Make sure you are actually replacing the old files and not renaming them.

The proper permissions should be rw- r-- r-- on both files (thanks Sylvaria)

2) Then reboot. Shouldn't have to clear dalvik-cache...

3) (recommended) delete "/data/data/com.sec.android.app.FlashBarService" and reboot once more

Potential issues
    **If your apps appear in the edit menu and you have trouble adding apps to the multi-window bar, check in your /data/data folder and see if you have a folder named flashbar. If so, delete it and reboot to see if that fixes your issue. "/data/data/com.sec.android.app.FlashBarService"

**If you cannot see the edit button on your multi-window bar, make sure your DPI is set to 320 via http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35036854&postcount=108

Warning
    services.odex is actually in use, so you may not be able to replace it before it reboots, which will cause you to boot loop. Just ODIN the root image again and try again. People have gotten it to be replaced after an attempt or two.

from nosit1: "This might sound extremely stupid, but when replacing services.odex (do it last of course) if you screen is on, turn it off before pushing it to your device (if using adb). "
    from shelooga: "I went into a bootloop, but a battery pull fixed it, no odin required, fyi."

---

Please let me know if this works, as it works for me. If you do go into a boot loop you will have to re-flash the root ODIN image.

Tips!
    How to stop Netflix player from pausing while in multi-window

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35016271

Screenshot_2012-12-03-20-14-28.png

Screenshot_2012-12-03-20-32-22.png
    hairdewx - what did you modify to make this compatible?

I modified FlashBarService.odex and services.odex :)

I basically made the changes from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1961813

Because our rom is odexed I had to
    1) de-odex the files with the note 2 framework
    2) make the code changes
    3) update the FlashBarService.apk and services.jar with the generated classes.dex with the changes to create my de-odexed apk and jar.
    4) load the updated de-odexed apk and jar
    5) re-odex the apk and jar with busybox and the proper $BOOTCLASSPATH
    6) copy over the signature from the original odex files to the new odex files
    7) restore the original FlashBarService.apk and services.jar
    8) delete original odex files
    With 4.1.2 you can just use the "Samsung Multiwindow App" from the Play Store. It works great.

Sent from my SCH-I605 / Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk v 2.4.13
    I know that it may be a lot to ask for but I wish someone would make a Youtube tutorial step by step using Root Explorer for this mod. I have read every post in this thread and still feel like actually seeing how it is done would make a world of difference.

It really as is easy as it sounds, though it's not a bad idea. Copy the files, replacing the originals, delete the last noted. Reboot and profit.

Worked perfectly. XDA continues to make the best phone in the world better.
    This is seriously one powerful freaking phone.. I played a both fight scenes at the same time. And while it was def hard as hell to do, I experiences no lag, no glitch, not even so much as a hiccup.. Until a text and call came in back to back then Avengers forced close. So Sweet this phone is!! And mad props to the awesome developers that got us root to be able to do this crazy sh*t.

Can't wait to get a custom kernel on this beast then we can really see how far it can be pushed!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium