[Q] Phone bricked

Search This thread

Xepherias

Mar 15, 2014
Hi Please help me.

I unlocked my moto g when i started my phone i got a black screen.
I tried to fix it my by reseting it but this complete uninstalled my image so now i can't even do a recovery factory reset:crying:
I live in Europe so i don't know if unlocking it voided my warrenty or what i need to do

Please help me :crying:

Xepherias

Mar 15, 2014
i've managed to install a new image on it but when i start my phone i get this message: "unfortunatley the process com.android.phone has stopped"

small-mallet

Apr 14, 2010
What image(firmware) did u install? How did you install? Mismatched firmware maybe? Did you flash the all the files or just some? More details please.

small-mallet

Apr 14, 2010
Well, as you seem to actually get past the bootscreen and just getting force closes, i am guessing all files didnt flash properly or maybe you missed some commands (like clear userdata). Sure you are flashing the right firmware for your phone? Also, all the errors or text you get while flashing will be very helpful! Don't worry, as long as your fastboot itself is working, you phone really isnt bricked. Can you access recovery and all other things?

Xepherias

Mar 15, 2014
Well, as you seem to actually get past the bootscreen and just getting force closes, i am guessing all files didnt flash properly or maybe you missed some commands (like clear userdata). Sure you are flashing the right firmware for your phone? Also, all the errors or text you get while flashing will be very helpful! Don't worry, as long as your fastboot itself is working, you phone really isnt bricked. Can you access recovery and all other things?
I reinstalled it like 15times and now it seems to work.

i relocked my bootloader and now it's fixed. can i now unlock it again or should i just leave it alone?

small-mallet

Apr 14, 2010
Well, that's weird. You can unlock with no issues, but that will factory reset (clean sdcard, reset everything, as you already know). What actually caused the black screen issue though?
Edit: Why relock the bootloader though? No reason to do that.

Last edited:

small-mallet

Apr 14, 2010
Hmm, unlocking shldnt in any way cause that. What happened after you typed the unlock code at fastboot? Did the phone reboot normally? Got the motorola boot graphics? Or did it just go blank immedi. after inputting oem unlock with code? You mentioned that you reset after this, how exactly did you do that? "Factory" option in fastboot?

Xepherias

Mar 15, 2014
Hmm, unlocking shldnt in any way cause that. What happened after you typed the unlock code at fastboot? Did the phone reboot normally? Got the motorola boot graphics? Or did it just go blank immedi. after inputting oem unlock with code? You mentioned that you reset after this, how exactly did you do that? "Factory" option in fastboot?

Well i typed fastboot oem lock begin , reinstalled using this tut: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47820707#post47820707 , fastboot oem lock. after that i wouldn't work so i reinstalled it again and no it works perfectly.

I quite afraid to reunlock him because that was the reason it crashed

small-mallet

Apr 14, 2010
Hmm, i have no idea why everyone is doing oem lock before or after installing stock firmwares, is it necessary? Where is this mentioned? I had no problem flashing different firmwares without using oem lock command even once.

Imo, the oem lock command seems to be causing probs to many ppl. Just don't use those commands at all :)
(i would like to see a post which suggested the locking part before or after flashing stuff)

So, its unlocked and working fine now?