All Atrix 2 Users on ICS Leak!

Search This thread

Zoide_

Sep 27, 2009
I think when the devs find a way to get back to 2.3.5, 2.36 then we'll be able to take the OTA. No cheesecake support and cannot check for system updates. I'm sure these devs will figure it out for us...They're smart.

Sent From My DROID That DOES. Not Your APPLE That DIDN'T.

That's strange. I installed the ICS leak and I can go to Settings -> About phone -> System updates just fine. It says "Checking for available update" for a while and then it says "Your device is up to date! No update is necessary at this time."

I guess it's possible that once the official ICS OTA comes out my phone will be able to detect it but the installation will fail.

jfrank1485

Nov 1, 2010
Tegucigalpa
OnePlus 7 Pro
That's strange. I installed the ICS leak and I can go to Settings -> About phone -> System updates just fine. It says "Checking for available update" for a while and then it says "Your device is up to date! No update is necessary at this time."

I guess it's possible that once the official ICS OTA comes out my phone will be able to detect it but the installation will fail.

This isn't necessarily mean that you can update, the update server can be another one that ota production server.

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX

No, checking for the update is not the issue... it is the check that runs before anything installs, and it checks the signatures of apps on the phone, including bloatware. If the signatures don't match it won't install. I am 100% sure that ALL of the signatures will be for 2.3.6 apps, so the patches won't 1) apply, and 2) Actually work on the ICS files we have installed.

Daiskei

Feb 13, 2009
No, checking for the update is not the issue... it is the check that runs before anything installs, and it checks the signatures of apps on the phone, including bloatware. If the signatures don't match it won't install. I am 100% sure that ALL of the signatures will be for 2.3.6 apps, so the patches won't 1) apply, and 2) Actually work on the ICS files we have installed.

Any fix in sight Jim?

T

tmease1

I hard bricked mine this morning like a idiot. I was using setcpu and i set it on boot. The phone would not come out of the att screen for nothing after i rebooted. I tried to fzx back and mine did not work. I called the number Jim posted, played dumb and I'll have a replacement in two days. I talked sweet nothings to the operator and she waived the two day priority shipping. Just a note for everyone be careful messing around with this leak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

jfrank1485

Nov 1, 2010
Tegucigalpa
OnePlus 7 Pro
I hard bricked mine this morning like a idiot. I was using setcpu and i set it on boot. The phone would not come out of the att screen for nothing after i rebooted. I tried to fzx back and mine did not work. I called the number Jim posted, played dumb and I'll have a replacement in two days. I talked sweet nothings to the operator and she waived the two day priority shipping. Just a note for everyone be careful messing around with this leak.

What did you do with SetCpu I underclock the cpu to 1ghz and set on boot and it works fine, can you tell us please what was the change you did with SetCpu?

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

T

tmease1

What did you do with SetCpu I underclock the cpu to 1ghz and set on boot and it works fine, can you tell us please what was the change you did with SetCpu?

That's what i did and it would not boot. Then i tried a factory reset in recovery. Nothing.

Last edited:

jfrank1485

Nov 1, 2010
Tegucigalpa
OnePlus 7 Pro
That's what i did and it would not boot.

That's strange because it work for me
uploadfromtaptalk1342717670225.jpg

GaganPla

Aug 9, 2009

just wanna know which version of rom fxz where u trying to flash .... 2.3.5 or 2.3.6 ? nd what exactly happend did process just stoped or showed error on specific process.....since i have indian phone not att here so would not be possible to ask for replacement here

cornflaku

Dec 5, 2011
So when the official OTA comes out, this kernel won't match and we won't be able to install anything, even custom roms created with the OTA update?

T

tmease1

just wanna know which version of rom fxz where u trying to flash .... 2.3.5 or 2.3.6 ? nd what exactly happend did process just stoped or showed error on specific process.....since i have indian phone not att here so would not be possible to ask for replacement here

2.3.5, stopped on 5/18 bootloader. Just don't try it. I thought i might get lucky but i didn't. It doesn't work.

GaganPla

Aug 9, 2009
2.3.5, stopped on 5/18 bootloader. Just don't try it. I thought i might get lucky but i didn't. It doesn't work.

sorry 4 ur brick nd thanks 4 the warning man .....i was also thinking of fxz back to 2.3.6 than ics again since i lost webtop feature cause i deleted some bloatware

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
Well, I too am one of the unfortunate souls that hard bricked during what will probably be remembered as the "Great Leak of 2012". We lost many men during this frantic and furious flood. And, we are not yet certain about the fates of those that chose to run the risk, and jumped into the ICS leak waters with out a life-preserver, or a definite way back.

I hate to say it, but we have only ourselves to blame for the mess we are in (and Motorola's bootlock & key, of course.. oh, and include AT&T with Moto for lagging on the OTA updates which makes us more antsy to get our hands on it). But, we chose to put this leak on our phones. We all should realize the risk we are running when using non-confirmed, non-finalized, dev-only firmware.

I personally was trying to experiment with some things while on the ICS leak (for the sake of the community, I suppose), and something went wrong - terribly wrong. I had no choice but to attempt to fxz back to 2.3.5 with the replaced 4.0.4 files - and RSD got stuck and failed at step 5 (like most others here). And, that's it. Dead weight now.

For those of us lucky enough to be able to get a replacement (mine should be here tomorrow), we will press on, against all odds and warranties... but, hopefully with lessons learned.
For those who can not get replacements, we are truly sorry for your loss, but let this be a harsh lesson on the dangers of rooting and changing system files - you were always warned..
For those floating out there on 4.0.4, I have faith and trust that the devs here will have a fix, or a "good-enough-for-me-for-the-rest-of-my-contract" solution...

Good luck to all, and godspeed to the devs!

girishvk

Jul 10, 2012
Bangalore

i dont think this leak is compitable with Indian A2 (stock searet). There are other MEARET ICS leaks which can be installed on Indian A2.

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
Well, I too am one of the unfortunate souls that hard bricked during what will probably be remembered as the "Great Leak of 2012". We lost many men during this frantic and furious flood. And, we are not yet certain about the fates of those that chose to run the risk, and jumped into the ICS leak waters with out a life-preserver, or a definite way back.

I hate to say it, but we have only ourselves to blame for the mess we are in (and Motorola's bootlock & key, of course.. oh, and include AT&T with Moto for lagging on the OTA updates which makes us more antsy to get our hands on it). But, we chose to put this leak on our phones. We all should realize the risk we are running when using non-confirmed, non-finalized, dev-only firmware.

I personally was trying to experiment with some things while on the ICS leak (for the sake of the community, I suppose), and something went wrong - terribly wrong. I had no choice but to attempt to fxz back to 2.3.5 with the replaced 4.0.4 files - and RSD got stuck and failed at step 5 (like most others here). And, that's it. Dead weight now.

For those of us lucky enough to be able to get a replacement (mine should be here tomorrow), we will press on, against all odds and warranties... but, hopefully with lessons learned.
For those who can not get replacements, we are truly sorry for your loss, but let this be a harsh lesson on the dangers of rooting and changing system files - you were always warned..
For those floating out there on 4.0.4, I have faith and trust that the devs here will have a fix, or a "good-enough-for-me-for-the-rest-of-my-contract" solution...

Well said!

Thank you!

I would give you a thanks, but I have used my 8 here and 8 on my phone in the last 24 hours... :D

JetSurly

Jan 6, 2012
Side Question

Since i dont want to get my rear handed to me in another thread, here goes nothing:

I flashed the leak. Prior to doing so I was rooted on gb 2.3.6. I fxz'd back to 2.3.5, lost root and OTA up to 2.3.6. I just installed this leak yesterday and love it.

My phone is used mainly on wifi only and also use a lapdock. I got this from a guy on craigslist who used it as his main device. Regardless, its mine now.

Here is my question:

If i were to attempt to fxz back to stock using the .bat that someone else created in another thread and i get bricked. Will motorola replace my device? i have warranty until 01/2013.

jfrank1485

Nov 1, 2010
Tegucigalpa
OnePlus 7 Pro
Since i dont want to get my rear handed to me in another thread, here goes nothing:

I flashed the leak. Prior to doing so I was rooted on gb 2.3.6. I fxz'd back to 2.3.5, lost root and OTA up to 2.3.6. I just installed this leak yesterday and love it.

My phone is used mainly on wifi only and also use a lapdock. I got this from a guy on craigslist who used it as his main device. Regardless, its mine now.

Here is my question:

If i were to attempt to fxz back to stock using the .bat that someone else created in another thread and i get bricked. Will motorola replace my device? i have warranty until 01/2013.

Did you read something from previous post??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'am putting this thread out as a warning to all Atrix 2 users. Currently it seems that there is something wrong with the fkz patch to 2.3.5 from ICS. About 5 or 6 people have encountered this and after trying to flash through RSD Lite they have HARD BRICKED their phones. According to Jim, there might be something in the ROM (similar to the HK leaks) that causes a hard brick during an RSD flash. So this means we currently have no way to get back to stock. Jim and the other devs are looking into it.
    SO UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE I STRONGLY ADVICE, FOR NOW, NOT TO DO ANYTHING THAT COULD BRICK YOUR PHONE, AS YOUR PHONE WILL STAY BRICKED.

You also cant get more leaks since cheesecake is not working with ICS at this moment... and you are also off the OTA train as well, since this is a leak, and the real ICS OTA will most likely have some more checks for system apps signatures.

exactly, the problem is, once you go to the ics leak, you may never be able to get the real ics update. it may be possible, since you could keep this boot image and just flash the system, but there is no guarantee that would work and may even cause hard brick.

Keep in mind, this risk of hard brick is simply becaus moto decided to lock us down even more. they made an rsd flash not really possible. I think this same thing happend to the OG atrix people.

For some reason, Jim has had no problem getting back, but the rest of us have not been able to as of yet. we are looking into why that is and trying to find a way around it.

I do believe we will be able to find a way to get users now on ICS back to GB and back on the ota track, but even if not we may be able to at least make it so that they can unbrick from ics by flashing an ICS fxz like thing.

For those that have already bricked, there may not be a way back, but you can get an exchange.

For better or worse, one or two of our devs (not to be named here) hard bricked. while that means they will not be able to do much until they get replacements, they should be the best at figuring out how to get out of it if possible.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO TAKE FROM THIS WHOLE PROCESS IS THAT YOU CANNOT GET MAD AT THE DEVS FOR NOT WARNING YOU. NONE OF US SAW THIS COMING. THERE IS AN INHERENT RISK IN MODDING YOUR PHONE, AND THIS IS EXACTLY IT.
    I'am putting this thread out as a warning to all Atrix 2 users. Currently it seems that there is something wrong with the fkz patch to 2.3.5 from ICS. About 5 or 6 people have encountered this and after trying to flash through RSD Lite they have HARD BRICKED their phones. According to Jim, there might be something in the ROM (similar to the HK leaks) that causes a hard brick during an RSD flash. So this means we currently have no way to get back to stock. Jim and the other devs are looking into it.
    SO UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE I STRONGLY ADVICE, FOR NOW, NOT TO DO ANYTHING THAT COULD BRICK YOUR PHONE, AS YOUR PHONE WILL STAY BRICKED.

You can get an advanced exchange by calling AT&T at the following number, if you have bricked using RSDlite:

1-800-801-1101

As usual, play dumb.
    OG Atrix user here. If you flash a leak, stick with it. There's no turning back! Until your developers can figure out to flash ICS without messing with boot images and what not, hold off. We lost a lot of OG Atrixes with the latest update by returning to stock via SBF or RSDing.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app