[Tutorial] AUTO BRIGHTNESS 100% Working on L9

Search This thread

gdjindal

Hello Guys!!

Have anybody missed AUTO BRIGHTNESS feature in L9 because lack of Ambient Light Sensor:(,

If yes, the don't worry. I have an easy solution for Auto Brightness, Yes you can use Auto Brightness on LG Optimus L9:victory:

NO ROOT REQUIRED

Download and install These two app from following links:-

Lux Auto Brightness

Tasker

After Installing these apps follow these steps:-

Lux Auto Brightness:-

• Go to Lux settings
  • Tap on Sample Collection
  • Tap on Select light reading source
  • Select Camera
  • Then get back to main settings menu
  • Tap on Mopdify linked samples
  • Tap on Luma TAB
  • Tap on ADD, set brightness (yello bar) to 4% Luma value to 1 and press ADD
  • Add 3 more links with these values= 35%-70|100%-80|50%-120|
  • Exit Lux

Tasker:

• Open Tasker, tap on Plus Gign(+) on main screen
  • Tap on Event
  • Select Display in Event Category
  • Select Display On in Display Event
  • A blank screen will appear, do nothing just press BACK Button
  • TAP on New Task +
  • Enter Name to task or just tap on tick
  • A blank screen will Appear, tap on Plus Sign (+)
  • Select Plugin from action category
  • Select Lux Plug-in
  • Tap on Edit Button
  • Scroll Down and Tick in front of Refresh Backlight brightness? Under Force
  • Press Done, then press back and back again
  • Exit Tasker

Thats all work to do, now your dvice have Auto Brightness feature:silly:

To test, just press power button and lock the screen and then cover front camera with finger and press power button again, screen will Light up wait 1-2 seconds, Screen brightness will reduce:D, remove finger, lock unlock screen and brightness will resume to normal.;)

I have tested this for full day on my L9 and got no any battery drainage.
You can modify Linked Samples Values to your comfort zone for batter sample values you can also search other XDA forums.

Guys try it and let me know how you feel :p
if you got any issue please post, I'll try to solve it (Coz m also new to TASKER & LUX so may be it will take little bit time to Solve:fingers-crossed:)

EDIT: You can uncheck "Presistent notification" in general settings of Lux Auto Brightness, If you think it is draining your phone's battery. This will also disable the annoying Lux icon from notification.

HIT THANKS IF I DESERVE IT :rolleyes:

Last edited:

hamdimo

Jan 14, 2012
Another mod we miss in our L9 just got fixed.
thanks for sharing :)
i'll try it as soon as i can and report back.

Mr.Brown94

May 16, 2012
Teramo
Is it possible to have a refresh .. for example every 10 minutes camera will check light to set brightness?

Found it's in lux settings!

Last edited:

gdjindal

Thanks for your appreciation hamdimo:laugh:, i'll wait for your review...

Is this battery hungry workaround ? Two apps must run in background so they must eat battery .

No, I have tested this yesterday for full day and haven't noticed any battery drainage coz of these apps. According to me, besides draining battery this MOD should save battery by adjusting it according to Ambient Light.;)

Is it possible to have a refresh .. for example every 10 minutes camera will check light to set brightness?

Yes Mr.Brown, you can set automatic refresh in general settings, but I'll never suggest you use automatic mode, it could drain your phones battery.

gdjindal

Do not use lux with easyeyez it will slow down your phone too much

Yes bleuwavem you are absolutely right, that's why I am using tasker to initiate refresh process on display on. If you use lux individually then it will slow down your phone and drain the battery. In my tutorial actually lux is not running in background (if it is running you can kill it). Tasker plug in triggers it to refresh the brightness. Coz i have used it for hole day and currently using, I have not face any issues with device performance. If anyone body faced any issue can post here i'll try to solve it.

Sent from my LG-P765 using xda premium

sebx_g1

Nov 6, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Light version of LUX AUTO don't have option for using camera so it is usless , only paid version work but I don't want to pay for it just too test if whole mod work , not now .

gdjindal

How to set min brightness 40% in LUX ? How works those luma settings ?

in which condition you want set your brightness 40%. Like if you want to set brightness 40% in normal day light then, when you are in normal day light, go to Lux, tap on modify linked samples, tap on Luma. Here you will see Current Value: with some digits showing. Now here hold your phone in normal light and click on "tap to refresh". it will say reading for a second and then it will show you a value, mine was 118. Note that value. Now tap on add at the bottom. In "Add custom link" box, drag and adjust brightness (Yellow Bar) to 40% and in Luma enter value you have noted. then tap on Add. thats all, now your normal daylight brightness is 40%.

Try it:highfive:

Reactions: Apuokenas

bleuwave

Mar 31, 2011
Noob Question: Why does a lux value of 120 set a brightness of 50% in the tutorial? I've set it to 100% for now till you reply.

Great solution OP! Also, why do we need tasker to force display brightness when there is a setting for adjust brightness on wake in the lux settings? Is it because it doesn't adjust it sometimes?

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

I've also noticed that direct sunlight throws the lux reading off....(lux value becomes lower in direct sunlight than in shade in the same area)

gdjindal

My device works just wake mod only....i do not understand why need tasker app, works without

Great solution OP! Also, why do we need tasker to force display brightness when there is a setting for adjust brightness on wake in the lux settings? Is it because it doesn't adjust it sometimes?

Yes bleuwave your right, I used Tasker for two reasons, first as you mentioned Lux's auto brightness Don't works some tims, so tasker force it to adjust. Second reason is this that using tasker you no need to keep lux app running in background, coz if we keep it running in backgroung it will slow down phone performance and drain it's battery. Using tasker you will never miss auto adjustment

Reactions: bleuwave

gdjindal

Noob Question: Why does a lux value of 120 set a brightness of 50% in the tutorial? I've set it to 100% for now till you reply.

I've also noticed that direct sunlight throws the lux reading off....(lux value becomes lower in direct sunlight than in shade in the same area)

i have set 50% Brightness with value of 120, coz 120 is normal day light reading, so in normal day light 50% brightness is good enough to see the screen. 50% brightness is also no drain battery.

Yes this behave of lux also amazed me. it shows light reading value 80 in direct sunlight, in shade it shows 120. But the settings i have done, are working like charm even in sunlight also. as per my observation reason of low reading value in direct sunlight may be auto brightness setting of front camera ....What do you think about this..

Reactions: bleuwave

aishwary55

Feb 1, 2013
pune
Thank you very much....now my phone has auto brightness :)

Sent from my LG-P765 using xda app-developers app

sebx_g1

Nov 6, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Hmm ... it is strange today Lux Auto stoped - it just don't work . And I must say that combo of those to programs eats battery ,maybe for the reason I have not stock kernel ?
5% per hour vs 2.4% per hour with out them running .

gdjindal

Hmm ... it is strange today Lux Auto stoped - it just don't work . And I must say that combo of those to programs eats battery ,maybe for the reason I have not stock kernel ?
5% per hour vs 2.4% per hour with out them running .

Yes sebx its strange, Stock kernel may be an issue for this. I will suggest you to change some settings in Lux, keep every thing disabled in Lux settings, because Tasker is enough capable to run its services automatically and keeping everything disable in lux will reduce battery consumption also, so change setting and try it again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guys!!

Have anybody missed AUTO BRIGHTNESS feature in L9 because lack of Ambient Light Sensor:(,

If yes, the don't worry. I have an easy solution for Auto Brightness, Yes you can use Auto Brightness on LG Optimus L9:victory:

NO ROOT REQUIRED

Download and install These two app from following links:-

Lux Auto Brightness

Tasker

After Installing these apps follow these steps:-

Lux Auto Brightness:-

• Go to Lux settings
    • Tap on Sample Collection
    • Tap on Select light reading source
    • Select Camera
    • Then get back to main settings menu
    • Tap on Mopdify linked samples
    • Tap on Luma TAB
    • Tap on ADD, set brightness (yello bar) to 4% Luma value to 1 and press ADD
    • Add 3 more links with these values= 35%-70|100%-80|50%-120|
    • Exit Lux

Tasker:

• Open Tasker, tap on Plus Gign(+) on main screen
    • Tap on Event
    • Select Display in Event Category
    • Select Display On in Display Event
    • A blank screen will appear, do nothing just press BACK Button
    • TAP on New Task +
    • Enter Name to task or just tap on tick
    • A blank screen will Appear, tap on Plus Sign (+)
    • Select Plugin from action category
    • Select Lux Plug-in
    • Tap on Edit Button
    • Scroll Down and Tick in front of Refresh Backlight brightness? Under Force
    • Press Done, then press back and back again
    • Exit Tasker

Thats all work to do, now your dvice have Auto Brightness feature:silly:

To test, just press power button and lock the screen and then cover front camera with finger and press power button again, screen will Light up wait 1-2 seconds, Screen brightness will reduce:D, remove finger, lock unlock screen and brightness will resume to normal.;)

I have tested this for full day on my L9 and got no any battery drainage.
    You can modify Linked Samples Values to your comfort zone for batter sample values you can also search other XDA forums.

Guys try it and let me know how you feel :p
    if you got any issue please post, I'll try to solve it (Coz m also new to TASKER & LUX so may be it will take little bit time to Solve:fingers-crossed:)

EDIT: You can uncheck "Presistent notification" in general settings of Lux Auto Brightness, If you think it is draining your phone's battery. This will also disable the annoying Lux icon from notification.

HIT THANKS IF I DESERVE IT :rolleyes:
    Do not use lux with easyeyez it will slow down your phone too much

Yes bleuwavem you are absolutely right, that's why I am using tasker to initiate refresh process on display on. If you use lux individually then it will slow down your phone and drain the battery. In my tutorial actually lux is not running in background (if it is running you can kill it). Tasker plug in triggers it to refresh the brightness. Coz i have used it for hole day and currently using, I have not face any issues with device performance. If anyone body faced any issue can post here i'll try to solve it.

Sent from my LG-P765 using xda premium

Thanks for your appreciation hamdimo:laugh:, i'll wait for your review...

Is this battery hungry workaround ? Two apps must run in background so they must eat battery .

No, I have tested this yesterday for full day and haven't noticed any battery drainage coz of these apps. According to me, besides draining battery this MOD should save battery by adjusting it according to Ambient Light.;)

Yes Mr.Brown, you can set automatic refresh in general settings, but I'll never suggest you use automatic mode, it could drain your phones battery.
    After much debate with myself and 2 days of testing and usage in real world situations, I've decided to remove Lux because sunlight and shade kept throwing it off. I found that the camera as a light sensor for brightness is not a satisfactory solution and Jelly bean's brightness slider in the notification menu is enough for now. I'm slightly mad at LG for not including an ambient light sensor and will try to research phones a lot more next time.

BUT. gdjindal, you've inspired creative thinking by your thread on the many ways to use tasker for an average dude like me. I'm glad I was able to give the steps outlined in the OP a fair shot and learn tasker's potential in the process. Many thanks. :)

Thanks bluewave,

I am so happy that you give your lots of valuable time and reviewed this little work. You have appreciated me to do more creative stuff in future, hope for same appreciation in future also:highfive:

AND Tasker is a magical app, M using this app to trigger phones brightness to 100% when phone rings, it helps me to observe incoming call even when phone is in full sunlight, after call ends it returns to normal:p
    After much debate with myself and 2 days of testing and usage in real world situations, I've decided to remove Lux because sunlight and shade kept throwing it off. I found that the camera as a light sensor for brightness is not a satisfactory solution and Jelly bean's brightness slider in the notification menu is enough for now. I'm slightly mad at LG for not including an ambient light sensor and will try to research phones a lot more next time.

BUT. gdjindal, you've inspired creative thinking by your thread on the many ways to use tasker for an average dude like me. I'm glad I was able to give the steps outlined in the OP a fair shot and learn tasker's potential in the process. Many thanks. :)