Need some advice on i337 ATT S4

Search This thread

Mithanx

Jan 10, 2014
Hi guys, I am having some issues with my Girlfriends S4 (i337 AT&T Version).

The issues I am having are below, but I want to know if you guys would recomend me upgrading it from 4.2.2 to some other ROM that may clear out these issues and what you would suggest me to upgrade it to?

I want something that is STABLE, fairly close to the stock S4 Build or even the Stock Android GUI and easy to upgrade too.

Or is the phone just screwed and I should look into replacing it? I have not upgraded the phone from 4.2.2 because as I understand it, doing that locks the bootloader and makes it a pain in the ass to root and upgrade.

Issues she has:
-When recording video, sometimes it wont record voice, sometimes it does. No idea why this is doing this.
-Sometimes video's refuse to play, then it starts working again.
-SD Card appears to disengage at times. Its Lexmar, maybe I need to get a Patriot like mine.
-The phone just intermittantly disengages from the Cell Network or Wi-Fi network. She sees it mostly when she uses Viber. It runs well, then it just up and loses its connection then starts working well again
-Has had a few issues where people dialing her just cant get to her, its as if the phone has been turned off, or she cant dial out on the network.
-In certain cases repowering it corrects the issues for a while so I tell her to repower the phone once or twice a week.

This is what her phone is running:
SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
I337UCUAMDB
JDQ39.I337UCUAMDB

If this is not the correct place to ask these questions, please direct me to a better place, but I have found this forum to be an amazing resource with knowledgable people and I am not sure where to go :(

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 86
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 76

sloanster

Jun 26, 2011
Bloomsburg, PA
Need more info... like:
1. Is the phone rooted?
2. Location the phone is used?

DID you try OTA update:cool:

Hi guys, I am having some issues with my Girlfriends S4 (i337 AT&T Version).

The issues I am having are below, but I want to know if you guys would recomend me upgrading it from 4.2.2 to some other ROM that may clear out these issues and what you would suggest me to upgrade it to?

I want something that is STABLE, fairly close to the stock S4 Build or even the Stock Android GUI and easy to upgrade too.

Or is the phone just screwed and I should look into replacing it? I have not upgraded the phone from 4.2.2 because as I understand it, doing that locks the bootloader and makes it a pain in the ass to root and upgrade.

Issues she has:
-When recording video, sometimes it wont record voice, sometimes it does. No idea why this is doing this.
-Sometimes video's refuse to play, then it starts working again.
-SD Card appears to disengage at times. Its Lexmar, maybe I need to get a Patriot like mine.
-The phone just intermittantly disengages from the Cell Network or Wi-Fi network. She sees it mostly when she uses Viber. It runs well, then it just up and loses its connection then starts working well again
-Has had a few issues where people dialing her just cant get to her, its as if the phone has been turned off, or she cant dial out on the network.
-In certain cases repowering it corrects the issues for a while so I tell her to repower the phone once or twice a week.

This is what her phone is running:
SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
I337UCUAMDB
JDQ39.I337UCUAMDB

If this is not the correct place to ask these questions, please direct me to a better place, but I have found this forum to be an amazing resource with knowledgable people and I am not sure where to go :(

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
First off don't let it do any updates, and if you are on MDL, it will be trying to.....get rooted real fast, and go from there....

Root the device
flash a recovery
then go rom hunting....

And for some reason you do not want to do all I have mentioned, do a factory reset and see if that fixes the issues.....if you factory reset, beware that it WILL wipe your internal sdcard...back it up first....

good luck!

Last edited: