Boot Loop while trying to flash off of stock KK

Search This thread
Apr 15, 2011
Michigan
I have installed ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.4.8 for Kit Kat and I am unable to flash any other ROM besides the stock KK ROM and I absolutely hate it. I have tried RSD lite and I am still unable to flash anything.
I am using the Verizon version of the XT926

Any help would be appreciated.

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
you have to remove entirely any lines containing "getvar" and "gpt" from the "xml" file to flash back to JB with rsd.

iBolski

People really need to be patient. I still feel the the stock KK kicks any other custom rom out there right now. If you are rooted, installing Xposed and adding modules such as Gravity Box really enhances the phone to the point of running a custom ROM.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
People really need to be patient. I still feel the the stock KK kicks any other custom rom out there right now. If you are rooted, installing Xposed and adding modules such as Gravity Box really enhances the phone to the point of running a custom ROM.

I'd have to agree with you. I'm running the OTA on my M and it runs better than 4.1.2 or any custom ROM I ever had on the thing. People don't like change, that's all there is to it. ;)

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
i usually avoid this type of discussion because its mostly pointless.
you can rarely convince someone to change there preference of how they want the phone to look and operate.
frequently, its the same people complaining about looks and issues, that were complaining for the last 6-8 months that they didnt have it.
its a vicious cycle, based on a no win situation.

for those who dont like change, and the occasional bug that comes from constant development advances, should just get an i-phone.

Sent from my G2 running Jason's 4.4.3 branch of Vanir

Reactions: iBolski and RikRong

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'd have to agree with you. I'm running the OTA on my M and it runs better than 4.1.2 or any custom ROM I ever had on the thing. People don't like change, that's all there is to it. ;)
    i usually avoid this type of discussion because its mostly pointless.
    you can rarely convince someone to change there preference of how they want the phone to look and operate.
    frequently, its the same people complaining about looks and issues, that were complaining for the last 6-8 months that they didnt have it.
    its a vicious cycle, based on a no win situation.

for those who dont like change, and the occasional bug that comes from constant development advances, should just get an i-phone.

Also, that version of CWM has been modified to work with stock KK only. It won't work with any of the custom ROMs out there right now.

:highfive: