Looking for fast ROM/Kernel recommendations for docked tabler

Search This thread

walkingagh

Aug 4, 2010
So I know the typical answer is always "just try them yourself" but I am looking for something specific.

I am looking for the fastest stable rom / kernel combination for just basic tasks. I don't need tons of modifications because this tablet is just being used for recipes in the kitchen and streaming music. But right now it is so slow I can barely take it. I am looking for something that is as fast as can be. Battery life is no issue because it is always docked.

Any ideas on where to start? Kernel settings? Etc?

flopower1996

Sep 8, 2012
Well here comes the "just try them yourself" answer. Since you have a nexus mostly everything is stable. You can only decide which kernel ROM combo you are using at the end. For example 30fps is for some people totaly smooth for other people 30fps is totaly crap because they use 60. So I say it as always download some ROMS and kernels and simply try them out. In the worst case flash multiboot to gain dual boot and try a different system besides your main system. Also try EXT4 and ALL F2FS because in my case ALL F2FS was way more faster than EXT4 but again it could be for someone else totaly different.

Reactions: walkingagh

weedy2887

Sep 16, 2010
Do a complete wipe of everything with fastboot erase and then fstrim.
I would install SlimKat, it works quite well for me. If it's still slow after all that something else is wrong, not just the kernel/ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VanirAOSP with M-Kernel all f2fs

Sent from my HTC first using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Well here comes the "just try them yourself" answer. Since you have a nexus mostly everything is stable. You can only decide which kernel ROM combo you are using at the end. For example 30fps is for some people totaly smooth for other people 30fps is totaly crap because they use 60. So I say it as always download some ROMS and kernels and simply try them out. In the worst case flash multiboot to gain dual boot and try a different system besides your main system. Also try EXT4 and ALL F2FS because in my case ALL F2FS was way more faster than EXT4 but again it could be for someone else totaly different.