SPIGEN SGP Crumena vs Sena UltraSlim Pouch Galaxy Nexus (Black) **PICS**

Search This thread

da_hool

May 4, 2010
Vancouver
The images below are with the GSM version of the Galaxy Nexus with stock battery. Both are made specifically for the phone so you have a perfect custom fit.

The UltraSlim is the more slimmer and less bulky option. It takes a week or so of usage to fully break in the leather so that it isn't so tight fitting that the inside seams press the volume and power buttons.

The Crumena is a bit bigger but a bit more easy to use with the pull tab. The seams are on the outside and the leather is a bit thicker. It is meant to be used with the top of the phone inserted first. If you do bottom first the phone will stick out at the top a bit.

I like to carry my phone in either back pocket or my coat pocket, and being a minimalist, I hate bulky cases. Using one of these pouches provides protection against scratches, but you still get to use the phone in all it's natural glory... Otterbox *shudder*...

My preference is that when I'm more casual or on the weekends I like the Sena UltraSlim because I can slip it into my back jeans pocket or coat pocket. The Crumena is a tad too big for the back pocket. I can see myself using the Crumena more during weekday at work.

Anyways, those are my quick thoughts... Here are some pics.

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

06.JPG

07.JPG

08.JPG

09.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

Also check out the SPIGEN SGP Ultra Hybrid case in Soul Black!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1528978

Last edited:
Reactions: PaulCayard

fireon123

Oct 14, 2010
Göteborg
=) I have the exact same setup!

One Crumena and one Ultraslim... Both are really nice. I have the same experience from the cases as you do!

ernest92

Apr 3, 2010
Atripalda
i've got the sena ultraslim (2nd version, the first one is a bit tight), my gnex fits perfectly, no problems with vol/pwr buttons. Really good case.

HeCareth

Jul 11, 2011
Southern California
The versions are the same, they have the same SKU number. The different links is just a sorting mechanism for the site, if you want to lookup cases for Samsung phones or lookup cases for Google phones.

ernest92

Apr 3, 2010
Atripalda
actually they're the same, but there was a different quality of the first one, my friend and me have 2 different quality of pouch. He got his sena when the second one is still in pre-order

fireon123

Oct 14, 2010
Göteborg
The versions are the same, they have the same SKU number. The different links is just a sorting mechanism for the site, if you want to lookup cases for Samsung phones or lookup cases for Google phones.

actually they're the same, but there was a different quality of the first one, my friend and me have 2 different quality of pouch. He got his sena when the second one is still in pre-order

There are actually two versions.

The first version had seams on both sides. But this caused the seams to press down on the power-button and volume-buttons. The first version was also very tight.

I got a new case from Sena when I complained. They acknowledged the problem and sent me the second version when they had it in stock. The second version only has a seam on one side and fits much better. Now I am totally satisfied with the Ultraslim case, and VERY impressed of Sena's customer service!

frenccw

Jun 15, 2011
Thanks! Good to hear that the Ultraslim will eventually break in. Mine just arrived and it squeezes the volume buttons all the time (thanks god the unlock button is okay). I'm waiting for it to break in so i can use the volume rockers to wake device :)

noel_leon

Nov 24, 2006
Oslo
I finally got my pouch today. It's extremely good looking, and feels tight, but not the bad kind of tight. The really good kind. *cough* yeah. Anyway.
I would recommend this to anyone that is looking for a nice quality pouch for your phone. I couldn't tell you to get this over any other pouch because this is the second pouch I have bought in my entire life for a mobile phone. I really wasn't a pouch or case kind of guy, but this one is so good looking, and of such great quality that I actually will be using it to protect my gadget of choice.

IIIPowerIII

Aug 13, 2011
Canada
Today I've received my SGP leather pouch. This is my first pouch and it feel great.

it's a perfect fit for gsm with extended battery. The leather feel nice. So far I'm loving it :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

roadhead

Dec 23, 2008
I had the Sena pouch - and was not happy at how often the volume would get changed/or the phone would be woken up because of the internal seams.

Got a Cruzer Lite Androidified case and the SGP Crumena in today. Anyone have success stretching their Crumena enough to fit the phone while so cased?

This is the GSM version.

jlczl

Oct 22, 2005
I had the Sena pouch - and was not happy at how often the volume would get changed/or the phone would be woken up because of the internal seams.

Got a Cruzer Lite Androidified case and the SGP Crumena in today. Anyone have success stretching their Crumena enough to fit the phone while so cased?

This is the GSM version.

I dont see that happening. The Crumena is pretty tight on even a naked GN.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

frenccw

Jun 15, 2011
Just leaving my feedback on the Sena Ultraslim pouch. While the pouch is really slim and the texture is the best i've ever felt on any case, it is really tight even after using for a month and it always hits the buttons when slipping in the phone head first. Overall, it's still great if you can get used to slipping it in butt first all the time (which will be a problem if you are using headphones)

If only they would release a more textured version of the Crumena.... (i really don't like the smooth shiny type :( )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The images below are with the GSM version of the Galaxy Nexus with stock battery. Both are made specifically for the phone so you have a perfect custom fit.

The UltraSlim is the more slimmer and less bulky option. It takes a week or so of usage to fully break in the leather so that it isn't so tight fitting that the inside seams press the volume and power buttons.

The Crumena is a bit bigger but a bit more easy to use with the pull tab. The seams are on the outside and the leather is a bit thicker. It is meant to be used with the top of the phone inserted first. If you do bottom first the phone will stick out at the top a bit.

I like to carry my phone in either back pocket or my coat pocket, and being a minimalist, I hate bulky cases. Using one of these pouches provides protection against scratches, but you still get to use the phone in all it's natural glory... Otterbox *shudder*...

My preference is that when I'm more casual or on the weekends I like the Sena UltraSlim because I can slip it into my back jeans pocket or coat pocket. The Crumena is a tad too big for the back pocket. I can see myself using the Crumena more during weekday at work.

Anyways, those are my quick thoughts... Here are some pics.

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

06.JPG

07.JPG

08.JPG

09.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

Also check out the SPIGEN SGP Ultra Hybrid case in Soul Black!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1528978