Tcpmp doesnt seem to be working on Xperia

Search This thread

essojay

Jan 22, 2004
I couldnt get tcpmp to work on the xperia... anyone else with this situation?

bR

anath

Mar 5, 2006
I think the reason it does not work is because the xperia is not yet available :)

foo

Feb 2, 2005
Bavaria
What was the problem with TCPMP? Which version have you tried? There is a special version for Windows Mobile 6.1, older versions will not work.

essojay

Jan 22, 2004
i have this error: Unexpected program failure. please send "crash.txt" to the developer. Program will now exit.
and am using 0.81RC1

Thanks

DOMin8or

Oct 1, 2003
Cologne
same error on my device. (tcpmp 0.81beta)
(i`ve got my german qwertz xperia x1 today.) tcmp suxx.
no stereo speakers, no htd compatibel accelerometer. (no G-sensor htc compatible)

DOMin8or

Oct 1, 2003
Cologne
core 1.2.5 works with mp3 + videos on x1.
i`ve tested it already.
but the videos are NOT running smoth like the core player on my htc diamond.
there are a lot of lost frames. we have to wait for a firmware update with updated
drivers.
i hope the HTC XPERIA X1 will got an own forum category on xda-dev`s, with rom developement.

Last edited:

pf

Dec 3, 2004
I have the free 0.72RC1 running on my Toshiba G900 that too has 480x800. And this is no problem, running all very smooth. I am waiting for my x1, but I am sure, this TCPMP-version will work as good on the X1.
What one has to do is to try the video settings. On my G900 I use the "GDI" but this is depending on the PPC and can be different on X1.

Even largest .avi are played very smooth.

puerrican85

May 18, 2006
core 1.2.5 works with mp3 + videos on x1.
i`ve tested it already.
but the videos are NOT running smoth like the core player on my htc diamond.
there are a lot of lost frames. we have to wait for a firmware update with updated
drivers.
i hope the HTC XPERIA X1 will got an own forum category on xda-dev`s, with rom developement.

Sounds more like an issue with Coreplayer rather then the X1 itself. The panels alone use 3d acceleration so the xperia doesnt need any firmware update for drivers. Does Coreplayer pick up the Ati imageon under the Videos tab in preference??

Once it becomes a bit more poplar I'm sure people will post in the CoreCodec forum about tehe issue. I know I will for sure since I bought the app for the Touch Pro and Kaiser.

Technology

Aug 24, 2007
Which TCPMP/Player You Have On Your Device

Sounds more like an issue with Coreplayer rather then the X1 itself. The panels alone use 3d acceleration so the xperia doesnt need any firmware update for drivers. Does Coreplayer pick up the Ati imageon under the Videos tab in preference??

Once it becomes a bit more poplar I'm sure people will post in the CoreCodec forum about tehe issue. I know I will for sure since I bought the app for the Touch Pro and Kaiser.
You need several component parts to make it with a 6.1 wm pocketPC.....!

Keland44

Jun 9, 2006
Cali

oh yea do you use mymobiler? if so could you see how that works with the x1 also http://www.mymobiler.com/

SCtud

Feb 13, 2008
Does anybody have h.264 files playing well on coreplayer or TCPMP?

in fact, i don't really even know what's the difference between the two they have such similar names.

h.264 will open on TCPMP (I installed the h.264 codec), and it shows the first frame, but otherwise video may move one frame the entire clip and audio may play half a second of audio. I tried boosting the buffer settings (what are the optimal settings?) and the video format (no idea which one is for what.

Coreplayer will open it and tell me it doesn't support h.264 when the webpage says it does!! It will play the audio perfectly, but no video at all.

Very confusing.

Quicksi

Jan 16, 2009
well, h.264 needs lots of cpu performance.
in fact i've got problem to play h264 videos on my "old " P4 2,3ghz laptop...

so i dont know if its possible to run it on the X1 ;)