[Q] P605 Towelroot, then Titanium Backup, now my Statusbar & Task Manager are gone

Search This thread

Juuliet

Dec 31, 2013
[Q] P605 Towelroot, then Titanium Backup, now my Statusbar & Task Manager are gone

Hello Guys,

i couldn't find anything specific in the forum yet. I really hope you can help me and i can explain it right (i'm from germany)

I successfully rooted my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE with Towelroot yesterday. I was super happy, Knox was still 0x0 and Status perfectly official.

I just wanted to install some apps that needed rootaccess and kick some bloatware off the device.

So today i installed Titanium Backup and even before i backupped everything, i wanted to get rid of "ChatOn", Businesweek+" and "NY Times". While i was at it, i also removed "Samsung Galaxy App purchase" (sth like that?). I thougt it was the one, that gets you into Samsung App Market, just to show you some cool apps for the galaxy phones?

And that was it. I wanted to freeze the rest with greenify.
Just when i searched for it a few minutes later, i realised that my statusbar was completely gone. Nothing happening when i try to get it down with my finger, its just gone.

Same thing with the task manager, i can press the home button twice, and theres samsung voice but if i hold it pressed longer, no task manager shows anymore.

After i found one Person with the same problem online (no solution) i also checked for incoming calls. They are not shown on the display anymore when the call is happening.

Long story short, i guess it must have happened when i deleted stuff with titanium backup (without backing up anything, so stupid, i know...)
Because everything was fine yesterday and all morning.

What is the best way to solve this?

Flash the original Firmware via Odin? What would that do to my Counter? Flash something else? I never planned to do any of this so that is where i get a little scared. What happens, when i try to connect the device to Kies?

Or should i rather unroot the device and try to get a new one? (I basically bought an extra insurance, so i technically even get a new one, when the displays broken etc.)

Oh and i've already did the cache wipe in recovery mode an multible reboots.

I know it must be so annoying to have people do something without obviously knowing exactly and then ask about it on the internet ...
but i would be so happy if you could give me any hint what to do.

And again, sorry for my english!

Juuliet

Dec 31, 2013
Why don't you try to flash the same stock ROM as the one you have with Odin ?
I think this would put the things back to square.:fingers-crossed:
You can find the stock ROM's here ...

Then restart the procedure of rooting, debloating but make a backup with Titanium backup first.

Okay, thank you very much for your answer! Then i guess i'll just try it with Odin now. Thank you very much for the links, i've already found the firmware (P605XXUCNF2)

Does it matter, which version of Odin i'm using? And i'm still not sure if this sets my knox Counter from 0x0 to 0x1 if it's a stock firmware?

For anyone elses information: I did a factory reset today and the problem is still there, together with the background staying completely black now and a constant message "KeyguardTestActivity has stopped" popping up every second.
I really hope flashing the stock ROM sets everything back to normal.

Thank you so much for your help!

Tilagoon

Jan 20, 2012
Montpellier
Okay, thank you very much for your answer! Then i guess i'll just try it with Odin now. Thank you very much for the links, i've already found the firmware (P605XXUCNF2)

Does it matter, which version of Odin i'm using? And i'm still not sure if this sets my knox Counter from 0x0 to 0x1 if it's a stock firmware?

For anyone elses information: I did a factory reset today and the problem is still there, together with the background staying completely black now and a constant message "KeyguardTestActivity has stopped" popping up every second.
I really hope flashing the stock ROM sets everything back to normal.

Thank you so much for your help!

No risk at all to trip Knox to 0x1 if you flash a stock firmware , I believe you have just suppressed a necessary APK !!

Juuliet

Dec 31, 2013
No risk at all to trip Knox to 0x1 if you flash a stock firmware , I believe you have just suppressed a necessary APK !!

Thank you! I just found a perfect description in german too for using odin on the p605, so i know now i definitely need Odin3 v309 ...
I don't think i can make it any worse than it is right now :)

Juuliet

Dec 31, 2013
Yes use Odin 3.9 , unzip the file you will download and put in Odin "AP" the file ending with *.tar.md5

well okay... this worked out so perfect, and it was actually so easy i'm ashamed i even had to ask....
and it already works more fluent than it was before:laugh:

thank you, really... for the fast help and the confidence your answers gave me
oh man i feel really stupid right now, i guess this was nothing to worry about for 99 % on this board... ;)