Do you have LTE? Post it here!

Search This thread

SoraX64

Aug 23, 2010
Frederick, Maryland (Hood College)
Let's face it.. the place is getting pretty filled up with threads created by people who found LTE, even for just a few minutes. SO I figure it's best to try to shove all of this discussion into one thread. I'll even go one step further and update the OP with locations that people can access LTE at, as well as speed tests for those areas.

Update 9/24/12: I apologize, but I never saw this thread getting so big. Eventually I might try to go through and update everything, but I can't make any promises. I'm a college student with a pretty tight schedule and working on this might be a little overwhelming. Hopefully I'll be able to find time at some point though. Sorry again.

For speed tests: Please use the "Mbps" unit
Speed tests will be uploaded and added to imgur albums set up by me; there will be an album for each city that I receive speed tests for
If you are uploading a speed test for the sole reason of sharing it in this thread, please consider uploading it to imgur, as that would make it much easier for me to transfer the images into an album (uploading them to this forum requires me to download each one and upload them again to imgur)

Areas that currently have access to LTE (click for speed tests)

Georgia

Acworth
Atlanta
Austell
College Park
Dallas
McDonough
Sandy Springs(very limited connection)

Indiana
Kansas

Kansas City

Texas

Colleyville (spotty)
Conroe
Dallas
Houston
Lewisville
San Antonio
South Fort Worth
Tomball

Last edited:

SoraX64

Aug 23, 2010
That thread serves a completely different purpose.

Edit: To clarify on that, the thread you linked to is about where LTE is GOING to be. That thread isn't for reporting where you've already found it, and a skim through shows that people aren't reporting that information there anyway. This is for people that find LTE to report it so that we can see what places have it already going, even unofficially.

Last edited:

jramos402

Jan 30, 2008
I guess Ill start this off. Had LTE all morning while doing a job out there by 290 & highway 6 here in Houston.

the noan

Jun 15, 2010
San Antonio
OnePlus 7 Pro
Got some lte today in San Antonio NE side at Jones maltsberger and 1000 oaks. I took some speed tests. I'm not terribly impressed because my buddies one x on att got up to about 30mbps but this is way faster than the wimax I was getting so I am more than satisfied with the results uploadfromtaptalk1342205424645.jpg

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Last edited:

fhnguyen

Sep 28, 2009
Houston
Got it in Houston around the Montrose-Bissonet area. I was driving so I lost it twice. Ill try and get some screenshots and speed tests. AWESOME!

Reactions: energizer1389

blizzard1017

Jul 2, 2007
Texas
Ohhhh happy days are here!!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342209332544.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342209332544.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 2,954

salvasaur

Jul 26, 2010
Chicago
OnePlus 7 Pro
Got some pretty good LTE speeds in Hammond, IN while I was visiting family on the 4th.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-04-14-02-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-04-14-02-14.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 2,745
  • Screenshot_2012-07-05-11-37-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-05-11-37-54.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 2,832

palmospowered

Apr 24, 2011
Loganville, GA
Same here, none in the ATL.

However, I spoke to a Sprint rep yesterday and he claimed LTE services will roll live for us on 7/14 so maybe just a few hours wait for us.

Here's to hoping the towers aren't urban-specific. I'm not so rural but WiMAX has never come out to my house. :)

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

SoraX64

Aug 23, 2010
If you guys want to post some speed tests as well I can add them in to the OP.

Edit: And it would be preferable if you were to use Mbps for the unit, as that is easiest to understand.

Last edited:

O.LPZ81

Sep 23, 2010
Houston
I'm in downtown Houston and I see the 4G go on and off on my phone. Have not been able to run a speed test.

O.LPZ81

Sep 23, 2010
Houston
Ran a speed test its better than before but it may be that 4G is not working well inside this building downtown Houston.

Update: I got home from work and have full 4G at my condo in the Heights. Uploading new speed test
425779d9-b1e3-8994.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342212501395.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342212501395.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 946
Last edited:

pwr2wh8

Aug 31, 2010
i know los angeles is not planned to have lte till later this year, but i've been having major service outage for the past 24hrs. i called sprint and they said it's due to the "network upgrade" for improved data speeds. anybody in la getting 4g?

jramos402

Jan 30, 2008
Heres my screenshot of the speeds from this morning. Again this was in Houston (290 & Highway 6 area)

mTOAn.png

makavelisk

Mar 31, 2011

However, I spoke to a Sprint rep yesterday and he claimed LTE services will roll live for us on 7/14 so maybe just a few hours wait for us.

Here's to hoping the towers aren't urban-specific. I'm not so rural but WiMAX has never come out to my house. :)

That's good to hear cause I was wondering about Atlanta. I hope they have been testing a lot since my signal and dropped calls have really increased over the last week.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let's face it.. the place is getting pretty filled up with threads created by people who found LTE, even for just a few minutes. SO I figure it's best to try to shove all of this discussion into one thread. I'll even go one step further and update the OP with locations that people can access LTE at, as well as speed tests for those areas.

Update 9/24/12: I apologize, but I never saw this thread getting so big. Eventually I might try to go through and update everything, but I can't make any promises. I'm a college student with a pretty tight schedule and working on this might be a little overwhelming. Hopefully I'll be able to find time at some point though. Sorry again.

For speed tests: Please use the "Mbps" unit
    Speed tests will be uploaded and added to imgur albums set up by me; there will be an album for each city that I receive speed tests for
    If you are uploading a speed test for the sole reason of sharing it in this thread, please consider uploading it to imgur, as that would make it much easier for me to transfer the images into an album (uploading them to this forum requires me to download each one and upload them again to imgur)

Areas that currently have access to LTE (click for speed tests)

Georgia

Acworth
    Atlanta
    Austell
    College Park
    Dallas
    McDonough
    Sandy Springs(very limited connection)

Indiana
    Kansas

Kansas City

Texas

Colleyville (spotty)
    Conroe
    Dallas
    Houston
    Lewisville
    San Antonio
    South Fort Worth
    Tomball

try att one time..... i get speeds of up to 60 megs

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

I wouldn't be able to tell the difference except at the end of the month when the bill was due for the huge overage.

Sent from my little Note2
    I'm getting LTE all over downtown San Diego now.
    60Mbps+ here consistently on AT&T LTE...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Which is useless on a phone for many.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"