[Q] SIM CRASH on a Go Phone?

Search This thread

bottlecap

Dec 23, 2009
Austin TX
I bought a cheap ATT Go Phone for the SIM card for my iPhone. I've activated the phone and the SIM card but the crappy phone keeps saying SIM CRASH, and nothing beyond that. I put the SIM into the iphone and it just says "searching" in the area for the signal strength. Do I need to call ATT about this one

M_T_M

Troll King & Retired Señor Mod - I Regret Nothing!
Apr 14, 2009
Texas
I bought a cheap ATT Go Phone for the SIM card for my iPhone. I've activated the phone and the SIM card but the crappy phone keeps saying SIM CRASH, and nothing beyond that. I put the SIM into the iphone and it just says "searching" in the area for the signal strength. Do I need to call ATT about this one

Just like most companies, AT&T provides specific SIM cards for their specific services...hence the Go Phone card not working the way you want it.
Get a card from AT&T for your IPhone.

Cheers,

simokrimo

Aug 18, 2010
I know this thread is quite old but I have the same issue when I insert my sim card in the gophone in came with or any other phone I tried an unlocked iphone 3G and an unlocked HTC HD7. The most surprising part is that my HTC Desire doesn't seem to have any problem with this card.

I would really liked to get it to work on my HD7 but I had no luck.