[Q] Lg Optimus Chic (e720) custom rom????

Search This thread

Andreoid

Jan 4, 2011
Hello guys ... Looking around the web i can not find anything about a recovery or a custom kernel for Lg optimus chic ... I own it for 3 months, and I'm really satisfied, but a recovery to install above would make me really happy. Someone could create one? It should not be difficult, it is almost the same as the LG optimus one ... Thanks in advance ... Oh I forgot, you could create a section for the LG Optimus Chic (like the optimus one)? This smartphone is spreading very fast, and he deserves a custom recovery of his own:)Thank you very much. Oh and sorry for my bad English :S

Greetings from Italy :) Andreoid.

drellisdee

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2008
East Coast
Test Version: Note I do not have this phone and was asked to add this to my recovery lineup.

Directions:

Download this recovery and unzip it and copy to root of sdcard

recovery-alessi-gnm.img.zip
password is gnmtest

download flash_image.zip and unzip and copy to root of sdcard

flash_image.zip

commands to flash recovery

from adb shell or terminal (requires root # prompt)
Code:
su

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system

cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image

chmod 0755 /system/bin/flash_image

mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak (notice this file install-recovery.sh may not be on your device if it gives an error or file not found move on)

flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-alessi-gnm.img

sync
then power off device and boot holding most likely vol-dn + home + menu ??? This needs to be verified for alessi device. You may be able to boot recovery by adb reboot recovery also. Edit confirmed to boot via VOL UP + VOL DOWN + POWER by ptesmoke on e720 (bell)

Key mapping is Vol-up & Vol-down move selection up & down. Back is backup a menu. Menu key is to select.

This is a test version I'll do full release soon after bugs (if any) are worked out.
The message E: bad boot message is normal disregard it.

For debugging use the move recovery-log to sd option under other and please upload it with feedback.

Overclock kernel assuming everything works:
signed_alessi_oc.zip

Ptesmoke noted that Oc kernel wasn't very stable for him above 748mhz. Ill need some other feedback to make sure it wasnt just a low spec processor die he had.

password is keepout

Special Thanks:
Amon_Ra for his original source code
Ptesmoke for testing

Basic description of recovery features and troubleshooting can be found here in one of my other posts. http://androidforums.com/getitnowmarketing/256286-custom-recovery-ms690-optimus-m.html

easiest way to contact me is @getitnowmarket on twitter

Last edited:

Mar 12, 2011
Kaohsiung
i am also waiting for custom rom..
i wanna overclock...
when playing games(for example. AngryBirds. TankHero), it will lag sometimes...

and...i wanna know...anyone succeed to compile e720 eur source code released on LG Global Site?

drellisdee

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2008
East Coast
i am also waiting for custom rom..
i wanna overclock...
when playing games(for example. AngryBirds. TankHero), it will lag sometimes...

and...i wanna know...anyone succeed to compile e720 eur source code released on LG Global Site?

Yes, that kernel is compiled from that source :) my github link getitnowmarketing alessi e720 github (I had to fix a few LG ommissions to compile and added afew extra's)

It will be up to you guys to make roms. I have supplied the needed tools.

Last edited:

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
W00t :) now we just need a sub forum lol. Recovery is working great other than few issues I pmed you drellisdee. Also I have lg's stock bell canada rom that is flashable if anyone wants to start on a custom rom..id like to port cyanogen 6.1.1

Sent from my HTC Desire Z/G2 using XDA Premium App

lestat2212

Apr 19, 2011
W00t :) now we just need a sub forum lol. Recovery is working great other than few issues I pmed you drellisdee. Also I have lg's stock bell canada rom that is flashable if anyone wants to start on a custom rom..id like to port cyanogen 6.1.1

Yes the recovery work really great...if someone make a custom rom post it here!!!
I'm not able to cook...:D but i'm really happy to test... XD
TNX drellisdee, ripa 1993 and ptesmoke!!!!!

jackpot20

Apr 12, 2011
not turning on e 720.

hi,
I have an lg e720 and last night i made a factory reset to it but now its not turning on.
1.is there a way to flash the rom dump?
2.does anyone has the rom dump?
3.does this phone have fastboot or the normal recovery like many phones have?
Any help would be appreciated. thank you
EDIT: its turning on but just staying at LG splash.
EDIT2: Solved the problem with kdz:).

Last edited:

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
hi,
I have an lg e720 and last night i made a factory reset to it but now its not turning on.
1.is there a way to flash the rom dump?
2.does anyone has the rom dump?
3.does this phone have fastboot or the normal recovery like many phones have?
Any help would be appreciated. thank you
EDIT: its turning on but just staying at LG splash.
EDIT2: Solved the problem with kdz:).

Sorry I was a little late, but yes kdz works, I also have several stock lg rom images if anyone needs them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Test Version: Note I do not have this phone and was asked to add this to my recovery lineup.

Directions:

Download this recovery and unzip it and copy to root of sdcard

recovery-alessi-gnm.img.zip
    password is gnmtest

download flash_image.zip and unzip and copy to root of sdcard

flash_image.zip

commands to flash recovery

from adb shell or terminal (requires root # prompt)
    Code:
    su

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system

cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image

chmod 0755 /system/bin/flash_image

mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak (notice this file install-recovery.sh may not be on your device if it gives an error or file not found move on)

flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-alessi-gnm.img

sync
    then power off device and boot holding most likely vol-dn + home + menu ??? This needs to be verified for alessi device. You may be able to boot recovery by adb reboot recovery also. Edit confirmed to boot via VOL UP + VOL DOWN + POWER by ptesmoke on e720 (bell)

Key mapping is Vol-up & Vol-down move selection up & down. Back is backup a menu. Menu key is to select.

This is a test version I'll do full release soon after bugs (if any) are worked out.
    The message E: bad boot message is normal disregard it.

For debugging use the move recovery-log to sd option under other and please upload it with feedback.

Overclock kernel assuming everything works:
    signed_alessi_oc.zip

Ptesmoke noted that Oc kernel wasn't very stable for him above 748mhz. Ill need some other feedback to make sure it wasnt just a low spec processor die he had.

password is keepout

Special Thanks:
    Amon_Ra for his original source code
    Ptesmoke for testing

Basic description of recovery features and troubleshooting can be found here in one of my other posts. http://androidforums.com/getitnowmarketing/256286-custom-recovery-ms690-optimus-m.html

easiest way to contact me is @getitnowmarket on twitter
    I made a tested working one a few weeks ago just havent had time to release it.
    how about reset factory settings on LGMobile Support Tool?
    Thanks gglong for the help here, been working 9 straight days now plus all this weekend and next, so I barely have time to work on my roms. The devoid one was a shot in the dark, I didn't know the ext was buggered in the recovery, or it may be a bad reference in the devoid rom. In which case thank you for furthur explaining that kdz is the tool to use if for some reason u can't get recovery to flash. Just keep a copy of your stock rom on hand just in case. 10c is latest but is unrootable. Flash 10b. Root, then reinstall recovery.

I have a p500 rom ported with lag fix, oc, etc. But need to get a chance to upload for you. Also got most of the bell junk cleaned out as well.

Ill report back soon, and ill take down the link for devoid port as well once I can get more than 5mins!

Cheers and stay tuned....this next rom should be candy...

My Rom with Overclock Lagfix Deodex Zipalign and more...

Tested works 100%! Flash this from the recovery,and enjoy ;)

Thanks to drellisdee for the Recovery and for the Kernel ;)

Now lacking only the "multitouch fix" and this phone will be better than all ;D

Original post (on an Italian Android community)